InterSystems is pleased to announce a new Developer Download site providing full kit versions of InterSystems IRIS Community Edition and InterSystems IRIS for Health Community Edition. These are available free of charge for application development use.

You can download directly from the InterSystems Developer Community by selecting Download InterSystems IRIS.

11 13
0 3.1K

Our current file repository was on a linux server, but it has been having issues. For this reason, we are moving the data to SharePoint online, since we already pay for the service. It seems there is not an option to ftp/sftp files to/from the SharePoint Online server from our RedHat server (Cache for UNIX (Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86-64) 2015.2.3 (Build 855_0_17370))

How would I send and receive From the RedHat server to the SPO Server?

I'd love full example code, but any help pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

0 3
0 3K

In this article, I would like to talk about the spec-first approach to REST API development.

While traditional code-first REST API development goes like this:

• Writing code
  • REST-enabling it
  • Documenting it (as a REST API)

Spec-first follows the same steps but reverse. We start with a spec, also doubling as documentation, generate a boilerplate REST app from that and finally write some business logic.

This is advantageous because:

• You always have relevant and useful documentation for external or frontend developers who want to use your REST API
  • Specification created in OAS (Swagger) can be imported into a variety of tools allowing editing, client generation, API Management, Unit Testing and automation or simplification of many other tasks
  • Improved API architecture. In code-first approach, API is developed method by method so a developer can easily lose track of the overall API architecture, however with the spec-first developer is forced to interact with an API from the position if API consumer which usually helps with designing cleaner API architecture
  • Faster development - as all boilerplate code is automatically generated you won't have to write it, all that's left is developing business logic.
  • Faster feedback loops - consumers can get a view of the API immediately and they can easier offer suggestions simply by modifying the spec

Let's develop our API in a spec-first approach!

12 6
9 3K

I am trying to make architecture for my project. And for it, it needs to make list property in which there is list of objects of another table, the data must be unique, therefore I make sql-query to check objects of another table if it is used or not, but I can't make sql-query to check elements in list in property with elements of another table. Can you help me? In property ID of object is used.

0 12
0 2.9K

Hi Developers!

Often when we develop some library, tool, package, whatever on InterSystems ObjectScript we have a question, how we deploy this package on the target machine?

Also, we often expect that some other libraries already installed, so our package depends on them, and often on some particular version of it.

When you code on javascript, python, etc the role of packages deployment with dependency management takes package manager.

So, I'm pleased to announce that InterSystems ObjectScript Package Manager available!

13 19
4 2.9K
Question
· Mar 12, 2019
String to date

I am trying to convert a string to date but can not get it to work I have function that I would like to take in a date string and covert it to date object

here is the ezample so far can not get it to work any help appreciated

set p="12/03/2019"

w $System.SQL.TODATE(p,"YYYY-MM-DD")

<ILLEGAL VALUE>todate+32^%qarfunc

if I try this still get the wrong value returned

set p="12/03/2019" 
w $ZDATE(p,3)
1841-01-12
0 6
0 2.9K
Question
· Oct 12, 2019
How do you search with REST

The question is pretty much in title. I'm developing a REST API, it has a search endpoint with 10 optional parameters. How do I pass them and stay RESTFul?

To ease the question a bit let's agree that:

• all parameters are AND parameters, user can't make combos, ORs, etc. User can only provide values
  • all values are integers so I don't have to think about URL limits
  • all values are atomic
  • all conditions are about equivalency

Some options I know of:

1. URL parameters.

0 9
0 2.8K

I'm trying to convert a CSV inbound to an HL7 MFN^M16 outbound. I know I'm using book information as the CSV but I don't think that matters. Please let me know if that's incorrect.

My service is reading the file in just fine and when I don't have a DLT transformer the raw message passes through to outbound file folder just fine. However, when I include a basic DLT that simply copies a couple of fields over I get the "Ens.StreamContainer" error. Everything also seems to be good in the Record Mapper.

0 4
0 2.8K

$LIST string format and %DynamicArray and %DynamicObject classes

IRIS, and previously Cache, contain several different ways to create a sequence containing a mixture of data values. A data sequence that has been available for many years is the $LIST string. Another more recent data sequence is the %DynamicArray class, which along with the %DynamicObject class, is part of the IRIS support for JSON string representation. These two sequences involve very different tradeoffs.

$LIST String Format

11 4
8 2.6K

Hi, Is there a way to count the number of segments in a HL7 Mesage? I tried the examples from the other answers but nothing works for me.

I am writing a function to get the last OBX segment field value 5. Below is a sample screenshot of what I want.

The number of obx segments can change, so I want to count the last obx segment and then get the field 5 value.

Would appreciate some guidance on this.

0 10
0 2.6K

In an ever-changing world, companies must innovate to stay competitive. This ensures that they’ll make decisions with agility and safety, aiming for future results with greater accuracy.
Business Intelligence (BI) tools help companies make intelligent decisions instead of relying on trial and error. These intelligent decisions can make the difference between success and failure in the marketplace.
Microsoft Power BI is one of the industry’s leading business intelligence tools. With just a few clicks, Power BI makes it easy for managers and analysts to explore a company’s data. This is important because when data is easy to access and visualize, it’s much more like it’ll be used to make business decisions.

9 9
2 2.6K

Way back when during our Siemens LCR days we had to limit the number of characters in OBX.5 to a length of 75. That was back when we had eGate.

Now I need to do the reversal of that and take loop through a string length and split the string up into multiple OBX or NTE based on a certain length. In reading documentation $EXTRACT can do this if you know the exact length, but in this case we don't.

So how would one loop through a string and say every 75 characters create a new OBX or NTE segment?

Thanks

Scott

1 7
0 2.5K

I have an OAuth 2.0 development environment where Caché is serving all three roles as the Authorization Server, Client and Resource Server based on a great 3-part series on OAuth 2.0 by @Daniel Kutac. I have a simple password grant type where an x-www-form-urlencoded body (as described in this post) is sent as a POST to the token endpoint at https://localhost:57773/oauth2/token and a response body with a HTTP Response 200 header is returned. The response body looks something like this.

2 3
0 2.3K

Hello,

Can anyone please provide me with a guide I can follow to create an entry in Cache's SSL/TLS configuration that would allow me to "speak" to an website via the Post method using SSL.

I need to simulate functionality that is provided by my browser but from with Cache.

The topics I have are:

1. From where do I source the certificate that will be used for this process?

2. What processing must I do on it to make it acceptable for Cache's SSL/TLS

3. What settings are required when filling the the form

2 3
1 2.3K

The .NET Core Identity model has an IPasswordHasher<> interface for for

• Hashing a password so that it can be stored in a database
  • Verifying a provided plain-text password matches a previously stored hash.

I am getting invalid password errors during the login process when the .NET Core Identity model computes a hash from a plain text input and compares it to a password hash value I've returned from Caché. The default hashing algorithm is PBKDF2 with HMAC-SHA256, 128-bit salt, 256-bit subkey, and 10,000 iterations (detailed article on .NET Core Identity PasswordHasher). The algorithm Caché uses is probably different which may be why I am getting errors.

0 6
1 2.3K

Hey everyone,

I stumbled across a comment in this post that mentioned that the %SYS.GlobalQuery is a potentially faster alternative to %GSIZE. I tested it out and while I like the %SYS.GlobalQuery I noticed that it has some size discrepancies against a %GSIZE with details. Can anyone tell me which is more accurate for estimating the size of globals?

0 2
1 2.2K

Hello community,

I am trying to parse the below HttpResponse in Cache. Cannot get the Iterator to work. Is there a single loop which can parse both or single messages and grab the error?

{
error:[
{ txt1:'error msg1'},

{ txt2:'error msg2'},
]
}

{
error: {
txt1:[
'error msg1',

'error msg2'
]
}

Thanks,

Jimmy Christian

0 16
0 2.1K

InterSystems Data Platforms products allow you to export and import security settings in two different ways.

This article talks about those options:
- On the command line, using ^SECURITY
- Programmatically, using the Export and Import methods of classes in the Security package

Exporting settings on the command line (^SECURITY)

You can export everything or individual sections of the security settings.

4 4
0 2K