In this post I would like to talk about the syslog table. I will cover what it is, how you look at it, what the entries really are, and why it may be important to you. The syslog table can contain important diagnostic information. If your system is having any problems, it is important to understand how to look at this table and what information is contained there.

15 1
1 2.4K
Question
· Dec 8, 2016
JSON to HL7

I have a project to convert a JSON message with two patient identifiers into an HL7 ADT^A31. Is there any documentation or training that you would think is appropriate?

Currently using Ensemble 2014.1.5 on AIX

0 1
0 2.3K

I have a NewBie Question.

I have been playing around with "Basic CLass Queries."

I have defined a very simple "Basic Class Query." (see below)

However, I cannot find in the I/S documentation how to execute this query.

Any help is appreciated.

0 8
0 2.3K

EnsLib.HL7.Message.cls provides many API methods for manipulating an HL7 message. RemoveSegmentAt(), for example, can be used to remove a segment by path or index, but only one segment at a time. There may be times that you'll need to remove all segments within a group or even many groups of segments from the HL7 message. Surely you can iterate through each segment in each group and remove them one by one, but there's a much easier way.

With just one command, like below, you can remove all OBX segments in an ORU_R01 message (msg):

4 1
0 2.3K
Article
· Sep 20, 2016 4m read
Diagnosing Framing Errors

Framing refers to the characters that mark the start and end of an HL7 message (or other types of framed messages). Most HL7 services and operations have a Framing setting that allows the user to define this framing. The most common choices are available as defaults, but with the AsciiMM/NN setting, components can be configured to recognize any framing characters.

4 0
2 2.3K
Article
· Jun 24, 2016 2m read
Atelier, Git, and GitHub

One of the benefits of Atelier is easy integration with source code management tools. Some Eclipse installations include the EGit plugin, or you can install it from the Eclipse marketplace. EGIt makes integration with Git and GitHub easy. Here are the steps I used to connect Atelier to a GitHub repository:

8 8
0 2.3K
Article
· Sep 21, 2016 7m read
REST in Pieces

A beginners guide to develop Ensemble RESTful web services.

Background

Before you start reading this short introduction please go through the on-line documentation of Ensemble with special attention to chapter “Creating REST services and clients with Ensemble”.

The approach in the documentation is undisputable the fastest and easiest way to create RESTful services. As a beginner I went through the documentation and I had several questions. This short article is listing those questions plus my humble answers.

9 6
0 2.2K
Article
· Aug 26, 2016 2m read
TLS v1.2 support in Caché

Question:

What version of Caché supports TLS v1.2?

Answer:

Caché 2015.2 announced support for TLS v1.1 and v1.2. In this version, the SSL/TLS configuration page provides checkboxes for TLS v1.1 and v1.2, which allows the versions to be configured individually. This allows sites to, for example, require TLS v1.2 only.

Additionally, some earlier versions of Caché provide undocumented support for TLS v1.1 and v1.2, specifically Caché 2014.1.3 and above and 2015.1, on Windows, Linux and Unix.

6 1
0 2.2K
Article
· Oct 18, 2016 7m read
Macros in the InterSystems Caché

In this article I would like to tell you about macros in InterSystems Caché. A macro is a symbolic name that is replaced with a set of instructions during compilation. A macro can “unfold” in various instruction sets each time it is called, depending on the parameters passed to it and activated scenarios. This can be both static code and the result of ObjectScript execution. Let's take a look at how you can use them in your application.

9 3
0 2.2K
Question
· Feb 12, 2016
Get columns dynamically?

In MSSQL I think you can do something like this:

select *
from HS_IHE_ATNA_Repository.COLUMNS
where TABLE_NAME='Aggregation'

How can I do this in Cache SQL?

[%msg: < Table 'HS_IHE_ATNA_REPOSITORY.COLUMNS' not found>]

0 11
1 2.1K
Article
· Jun 21, 2016 1m read
Simple Cache systemd Unit

Hello

I have noticed that Cache (2016.1 at the time of writing) doesn't come with a systemd startup script for RHEL7.

Here is a small example script I have built.

[Unit]
Description=Intersystems Cache

[Service]
Type=forking
ExecStart=/bin/bash -c '/usr/cachesys/cstart 2>&1 | logger -t cache_start'
ExecStop=/bin/bash -c '/usr/cachesys/cstop quietly 2>&1 | logger -t cache_stop'
RemainAfterExit=yes

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

The file should be placed as /usr/lib/systemd/system/cache.service

6 8
0 2.1K
Article
· Mar 10, 2016 2m read
New Book, Caché and MUMPS – Part II

New Book, Caché and MUMPS – Part II

By Paul Mike Kadow

Edited by Deborah Graham and John J. Mitchell

Go to http://cosmumps.org for a download of just the examples of the book and the table of contents.

From the Forward

InterSystems, from a humble beginning, has grown into a worldwide company with its flagship product, Caché, leading the way.

First, this book chronicles and explores some of the many areas InterSystems has grown into and has influenced over the years.

6 8
0 2.1K

The object and relational data models of the Caché database support three types of indexes, which are standard, bitmap, and bitslice. In addition to these three native types, developers can declare their own custom types of indexes and use them in any classes since version 2013.1. For example, iFind text indexes use that mechanism.

12 1
1 2K