One aspect of source code management is how to deal with the almost inevitable need to upgrade your Caché or Ensemble platform to a newer InterSystems release.

It's long been my experience that InterSystems does a very good job of maintaining backward compatibility. Code that works correctly on, say, 2012.1 is very likely to work correctly on, say, 2015.2 without any modification.

0 10
0 521

If I wanted to build a web-based dashboard that monitored various HIE transactions where would I start?

Examples of measures would be Provide & Registers by Facility, Patient Views by facility or even PHR related data.

I have a successful POC that uses nodejs, html and SQL but I think it makes more sense to use Intersystems technology all the way around, I just don't know where to begin.

0 10
0 540
Question
· Feb 12, 2016
Help with SQL error

Error:

[SQLCODE: <-400>:<Fatal error occurred>]
[Cache Error: <<SUBSCRIPT>%0AmEdun+4^%sqlcq.HSREGISTRY.cls966.1 ^||%sql.temp(1,"")>]
[Location: <ServerLoop - Query Fetch>]
[%msg: <Unexpected error occurred: <SUBSCRIPT>%0AmEdun+4^%sqlcq.HSREGISTRY.cls966.1 ^||%sql.temp(1,"")>]

Here is an example of a query that gives the error:

SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT Criteria) as Relevance FROM HS_IHE_ATNA_Repository.Aggregation
WHERE EventType = 'CROSS GATEWAY QUERY'

0 10
0 4.4K

Hello,

This package may be of interest...

Link: https://github.com/litesolutions/cachedb-import

I have programmed this over a hunch, in order to facilitate the retrieval of source code from a Caché installation. It makes use of the Java API provided by Caché.

Right now, I use it as a means to salvage sources in order to analyze them using the SonarQube plugin I develop for my employer. Unfortunately this plugin is not open source.

I am calling for help here, on two fronts:

3 10
0 736

A customer is using Caché online backups and needs to automatically purge the cbk files with a scheduled task.

This is a wheel has been reinvented uncountable times already and I know somebody out there has a well written, extremely robust version that has already stood the test of time.

Does anyone have a nice routine/class/task for purging old Caché backup files?

0 10
1 1.5K

Hi all - I'm running a Zen page that inherits from %Zen.Component.page, and I'd like to step through code and debug it. Is this possible, and how?

I've tried to attach to a process that I think is mine (it has my internal IP address) but is using "Unknown User". Any ideas on where to start debugging the page -- this page calls lots of other pages. I'd thought I'd start at the home page.

Perhaps I need to navigate to my page that I want to debug, and attach at that point.

Any info on the debugger in this atypical use is appreciated.

0 10
0 888

Hello,

When we need to create a utf-8 encoded XML file, we use the Charset property of %XML.Writer:

set writer=##class(%XML.Writer).%New()
set writer.Charset="UTF-8"

How can we create regular txt files with such encoding?

Our Cache Installations are 8 bit and not unicode.

Thanks,

Nael Naser eldeen

0 10
1 3.3K

Hello,

I am trying to use %ZEN.proxyObject to send out in JSON format so I do:

set tProxyRequest = ##class(%ZEN.proxyObject).%New()
set tProxyRequest.notanumber = "28001"
set tProxyRequest.aboolean = "true"

set tBody = ##class(%GlobalCharacterStream).%New()
do ##class(Ens.Util.JSON).ObjectToJSONStream(tProxyRequest,.tBody,"aelotwu")
w tBody.Read()

and I get:

0 10
0 1.4K
Question
· Nov 7, 2016
CLS location from INT code

Given location in INT code, as Cache usually reports on error (zWriteReport+25^SomeFile.1), is there any programmatic way to determine corresponding place in original source code?

Jiri

2 10
1 810

Hello, I'm new to Ensemble, and my first task is to become familiar with the Production and create a basic outline of it for the users to view (which servers, where are the input files, where are the output files, how many records...). What are the Production tables? I'd like to start there.

Thanks,

Laura

0 10
0 506

This is the second article in a series on iKnow demo applications, showcasing how the concepts and context provided through iKnow's unique bottom-up approach can be used to implement relevant use cases and help users be more productive in their daily tasks. Last week's article discussed the Knowledge Portal, a straightforward tool to browse iKnow indexing results.

This week, we'll look into the Set Analysis demo, a slightly more advanced application where you'll be using the concepts identified by iKnow to organize your content into sets of documents. The original version of this demo was developed by Danny Wijnschenk & Alain Houf for an academy session at GS2015, but the app has evolved significantly since then.

5 10
0 1.3K

In the last post we scheduled 24-hour collections of performance metrics using pButtons. In this post we are going to be looking at a few of the key metrics that are being collected and how they relate to the underlying system hardware. We will also start to explore the relationship between Caché (or any of the InterSystems Data Platforms) metrics and system metrics. And how you can use these metrics to understand the daily beat rate of your systems and diagnose performance problems.

19 10
2 3.8K

This week I am going to look at CPU, one of the primary hardware food groups :) A customer asked me to advise on the following scenario; Their production servers are approaching end of life and its time for a hardware refresh. They are also thinking of consolidating servers by virtualising and want to right-size capacity either bare-metal or virtualized. Today we will look at CPU, in later posts I will explain the approach for right-sizing other key food groups - memory and IO.

So the questions are:

14 10
2 4.8K

I tried logging into https://beta.learning.intersystems.com to view a video. My browser auto filled the login form. The username, the same one I use here and on many other ISC sites, is "sbeeson_MHCX". Now I have a message that says "Only lowercase letters allowed" and any time I visit the login form it just shows the same message. I cannot get back to the form.

I could obviously use an incognito window or clear my cache, but this needs to be fixed.

0 9
0 602
Question
· Oct 19, 2016
Upgrade to Ensemble 2016

Hi All,

We are Upgrading the Application from Ensemble 2009 to 2016.1. We have imported the user, Roles and Resources.
But the Sql Tables and Sql Procedures are not being visible in Management portal -> Security Management -> User.
Please give me a solution or basics steps for importing those.

Thanks,
Manoj J

1 9
0 458

My comments here relate to Atelier 1.0.137 on Windows connecting to Ensemble 2016.2 FT build 627.

I've been looking at what the Atelier Explorer view (hereafter AE), whose root elements are projects, lets us do with the contents of the namespace that the project is connected to:

1 9
0 866
Question
· Nov 2, 2016
Healthshare FHIR Subscriptions

Hello All,

Having a recent project to create a FHIR repository, I want to know (as looking at the code) if HealthShare FHIR implementaton supports subscriptions?. I know it records the subscriptions ok, BUT does it handle sending the subscription out (based on the tags) to an endpoint (i.e. when a new FHIR request commits data that would trigger the subscription) ?, I'm 50% it doesn't, but would rather find out for sure before shoe horning something in.

Regards

1 9
0 1K