Hi Community!

New Badges're already on Global Masters Advocacy Hub!

We're happy to announce that this year we again introduced three annual badges on Global Masters Advocacy Hub to let you remember how much you contributed to Developer Community in 2018. Here they are:

DC Best-Selling Author 2018
DC Expert 2018
DC Opinion Leader 2018

Let's take a closer look at the DC Wall of Fame 2018 and greet everyone with big applause!

8 5
0 305

This code snippet sends an XML request to a server and saves the response to a file. The class method "test" runs the code:

Class objectscript.postXML
{
    classmethod test() {
        Set HTTPRequest = ##class(%Net.HttpRequest).%New()
        Set HTTPRequest.ContentType = "text/xml"
        Set HTTPRequest.NoDefaultContentCharset = 1
        Set HTTPRequest.Location = "ITOMCZ"
        Set HTTPRequest.Server = "wph.foactive.com"
        Do HTTPRequest.RemoveHeader("User-Agent")  
        Do HTTPRequest.RemoveHeader("Accept-Encoding") 
        Do HTTPRequest.RemoveHeader("Connection")
        Do HTTPRequest.SetHeader("Expect","100-continue")

Set RequestXML = ##class(%Library.File).%New("c:\test.xml")
        Do RequestXML.Open("RS")
        Do HTTPRequest.EntityBody.CopyFrom(RequestXML)
        Do RequestXML.%Close()

Do HTTPRequest.Post(HTTPRequest.Location)

Do $System.OBJ.Dump(HTTPRequest)
        Do $System.OBJ.Dump(HTTPRequest.HttpResponse)

Write HTTPRequest.HttpResponse.Data.Size
        Write HTTPRequest.ContentLength

Set ResponseStream = ##class(%Stream.FileBinary).%New()
        // Second part is typically the file extension, i.e.: application/pdf -> pdf
        Set FileType = $Piece(HTTPRequest.HttpResponse.GetHeader("CONTENT-TYPE"),"/",2)
        Set ResponseStream.Filename = "C:\test."_FileType

Write ResponseStream.CopyFrom(HTTPRequest.HttpResponse.Data)

Write ResponseStream.%Save()
        Do ResponseStream.%Close()
    }
}

Here's a link to the code on GitHub

1 0
0 808

Hi guys,

I have a customer trying to extract data from Hive. I've tried to use Data migration to migrate a table into IRIS with JDBC driver. But the migration task always fails as below

Then I tried to create a link table, the task fails too with the following error:

0 4
0 326

Hi Community!

New video is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

API Design for REST

https://www.youtube.com/embed/r42coiZN7G4
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 444

There are situations where we want to provide immediate feed back to inbound Web Service that a particular business operation is not running (status <> "running"). We don't even want to queue up the message. We just want the webservice to respond with an error stating the business operation is down.

0 4
0 427

I am just curious if someone has used this service to send Alert emails through AWS / Ensemble

I have verified 2 email ids - One to send. One to receive

Have also configured an access key for the email smtp server and added the credential to ensemble

but I get this error

ERROR #6033: Error response to SMTP MAIL FROM: 530 Authentication required.

email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com

So my first opinion is the authentication is not happening via the credentials settings. It needs to be passed in a different way

0 4
0 924

Hi Community!

New Badges're already on Global Masters Advocacy Hub!

We're happy to announce that this year we again introduced three annual badges on Global Masters Advocacy Hub to let you remember how much you contributed to Developer Community in 2018. Here they are:

DC Best-Selling Author 2018
DC Expert 2018
DC Opinion Leader 2018

Let's take a closer look at the DC Wall of Fame 2018 and greet everyone with big applause!

0 0
0 244

Hi everybody,

I am looking for a way to detimerine if a certain namespace is ensemble enabled. I´ve seen such a solution somewhere in the past but can´t find it anymore. Is there a simplistic api around for that?

My second question is in context of log some information to the console log file with a certain error level. Also, I´ve seen this in the past and can´t find it agian. I guess there was some kind of simple api to use for this.

Thank you for your help.

best regards,

sebastian

0 2
0 293

Hi Community!

It's time to announce the best articles on InterSystems Data Platforms you published in 2018!

And here are three best articles for the year (criteria is the number of views):

First place: K-Means clustering of the Iris Dataset, by Niyaz Khafizov 1564

Second place: Continuous Delivery of your InterSystems solution using GitLab - Part I: Git, by Eduard Lebedyuk 1206

Third place: Replacing ZEN - Part 1 - Introduction, by Peter Cooper 933

Congrats to authors!

And what are the best articles by InterSystems Data Platforms?

See below

3 0
0 334
Question
· Jan 3, 2019
n00b questions

Hello,

I have some beginner questions as I am working through the InterSystems Cache learning path:

- Where I work, we us Cache, but we often learning about and train on MUMPS. No one really talks about or mentions MUMPS here, but my understanding is that ObjectScript is basically MUMPS plus whatever new things InterSystems put on top of it. Is that a fair assessment?

0 16
0 663

Hi -

I'm wondering if anyone has coded up a means to create an extension for a %Persistent class from a base class to a sub-class without making a ton of assumptions about the Global structure. I'm trying to create a new "extension" record that would have the same ID as the Base Class

Class BaseRecord Extends %Persistent

and

Class SubRecord Extends BaseRecord

where I would have an instance of a "BaseRecord" and I want to turn it into a "SubRecord" instance and have all of the existing references to the BaseRecord survive.

0 7
0 408

One of the many benefits of using Atelier for your ObjectScript development is its integration with a wide range of source control systems. This integration enables you to use modern development workflows which increase collaboration while minimizing the risk inherent to volatile code bases.

Veteran ObjectScript developers can tell you about the workarounds that were needed before they could use source control systems with products like Caché and Ensemble. One of these was to treat the data store itself effectively as a code repository. And so shared development environments became essential for many of our customers to be productive and successful.

For code shops that rely on shared development environments, adopting Atelier might seem too complicated. This article aims to provide a practical example to guide your team towards success with Atelier.

You can find an overview of the problems and solutions in this article here, which is a good place to start. This article assumes that you are familiar with the concepts introduced there.

8 1
0 813