When you first start working with InterSystems IRIS, it’s a common practice to install a system with only a minimum level of security. You have to enter passwords fewer times and this makes it easier to work with development services and web applications when you're first getting acquainted. And, sometimes, minimal security is more convenient for deploying a developed project or solution.
And yet there comes a moment when you need to move your project out of development, into an Internet environment that’s very likely hostile, and it needs to be tested with the maximum security settings (that is, completely locked down) before being deployed to production. And that’s what we’ll discuss in this article.
For more complete coverage of DBMS security issues in InterSystems Caché, Ensemble, and IRIS, you may want to read my other article, Recommendations on installing the InterSystems Caché DBMS for a production environment.
The security system in InterSystems IRIS is based on the concept of applying different security settings for different categories: users, roles, services, resources, privileges, and applications.

Users can be assigned roles. Users and roles can have privileges on resources — databases, services, and applications — with varying read, write, and use rights. Users and roles can also have SQL privileges on the SQL tables located in databases.

5 2
2 910
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,887 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Question
· Jun 2, 2020
Node.js fails to open database

Hi,

My attempt to run a node.js command fails at the open command with a "Error loading Cache Library: C:/InterSystems/Cache2018/bin/cache.dll; Error Code 126 (The specified module could not be found.)" result. I can't argue with the error message as the cache.dll file doesn't exist. Apparently I missed an installation step. Could somebody point out what it might be please.

Version: Node.js Adaptor for Cache: Version: 1.1.136a (ABI=48)

Cache for Windows (x86-64) 2018.1.4 (Build 504) Thu May 14 2020 14:31:34 EDT

0 2
0 280

Hello,

We are wondering how could we iterate over a segments list,

The use case is that we are sending from Process X to process Y a message, only if at the OBR4 CE1 there is a certain code. We were getting this field as follows:

set context.studyReason = request.GetValueAt("ORCgrp(1).OBRuniongrp.OBRunion.OBR:UniversalServiceIdentifier.Identifier")

How could we iterate over the following message and get both OBR4 CE1 (1 and 2):

0 2
0 592

Preview releases are now available for the first version (v1.0) of InterSystems System Alerting and Monitoring (InterSystems SAM for short).

InterSystems SAM v1.0 provides a modern monitoring solution for InterSystems IRIS-based products. It allows high-level views of clusters and single-node drilled down metrics-visualization together with alerts notifications. This first version provides visualization for more than one hundred InterSystems IRIS kernel metrics, and users can extend the default-supplied Grafana template to their liking.

V1.0 is meant to be a simple and intuitive baseline. Please help us make it great by trying it and sending us feedback!

SAM can display information from InterSystems-based instance starting with version 2019.4

SAM is only available in container format. You will need the SAM Manager container plus a small set of additional open-source components (Prometheus and Grafana) that are added automatically by the composition file.

SAM components and the SAM Manager Community Edition are available from

If you are traveling or prefer a voice-based Q&A description on what SAM is, here is a podcast we have prepared for you:

https://5e18edf067eb59-03854285.castos.com/player/198587
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

7 2
2 779

Hi,

Recently, I meet some problem at product env.

Some outside http request send to my Business Service. cause service very slow down. So I want find root cause . But at the message trace page. I can't found any source address . But at Product env. I can't install packet capturer like wireshark . I meet some problem.

And Second. Does ensemble can limit request speed at Business Service? too many requests slowdown my service.

Tks.

0 1
0 182

Making a Chart using Intersystems IRIS + Python

How to use the IRIS Native API in Python to access globals and plot some charts.

Why Python?

With a large adoption and use in the world, Python have a great community and a lot of accelerators | libraries to deploy any kind of application.
If you are curious (https://www.python.org/about/apps/)

4 1
0 401

In this article, we will explore the development of an IRIS client for consuming RESTful API services that have been developed to the OData API standard.

We will be exploring a number of built-in IRIS libraries for making HTTP requests, reading and writing to JSON payloads, and seeing how we can use them in combination to build a generic client adaptor for OData. We will also explore the new JSON adapter for deserializing JSON into persistent objects.

4 3
2 984
Question
· May 27, 2020
Read data from Excel

Hello,

I work as a contractor for the Department of Veterans Affairs. I want to read data from an Excel workbook. I searched posts here and saw Apache POI suggested. I believe Apache POI is not approved for use within VA. I also believe we should be able to run SQL query against Excel. Has anybody done such a thing or are there other ways to read data from Excel workbooks?

Thanks

0 11
0 1.2K

I am using the Java Binding to connect a Java Middleware Application to Cache. Originally I was using a CacheListOfDataTypes (JAVATYPE = "java.lang.List") object to bring data back. I was tasked with encrypting the data using AES and I was using the AESCBCEncrypt function on the List elements (up to 20k characters for each element) to bring it back before concatenating it on the middleware. This almost worked. Like 95% of the characters were being decrypted correctly but some text was coming back garbled. I couldn't understand how this was happening.

0 3
1 431

Hi Community,

The new video from Global Summit 2019 is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Automated InterSystems IRIS Cloud Scaling

https://www.youtube.com/embed/4O2Nr5f_0vo
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 298

Preview releases are now available for InterSystems IRIS Advanced Analytics, and InterSystems IRIS for Health Advanced Analytics! The Advanced Analytics add-on for InterSystems IRIS introduces IntegratedML as a key new feature.

9 1
3 589