InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 19,137 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

I have table

CREATE TABLE nodes (
        name VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL, 
        parent VARCHAR(50), 
        PRIMARY KEY (name), 
        FOREIGN KEY(parent) REFERENCES nodes (name) ON UPDATE cascade
);

I put some data

INSERT INTO nodes (name, parent) VALUES ('n1', NULL);
INSERT INTO nodes (name, parent) VALUES ('n11', 'n1');
INSERT INTO nodes (name, parent) VALUES ('n12', 'n1');
INSERT INTO nodes (name, parent) VALUES ('n13', 'n1');

Let's delete all

DELETE FROM nodes;

Nope, no way.

SQL Error [124] [S1000]: [SQLCODE: <-124>:<FOREIGN KEY constraint failed referential check upon DELETE of row in referenced table>]
[Location: <ServerLoop>]
[%msg: <At least 1 Row exists in table 'SQLUser.nodes' which references key 'NODESPKey2' - Foreign Key Constraint 'NODESFKey3', Field(s) 'parent' failed on referential action of NO ACTION>]

0 7
0 474
Question
· Dec 20, 2022
TrakCare iprint

Hi,

I'm trying to configure iprint for trakcare.

My trakcare runs on linux IRIS(SUSE).

iprint is from MicroFocus [previously Novell]

iprint is a print facility that many printers support where there is a virtual queue for each AD user.

You can log onto any iprint printer using your AD credentials and you can access your virtual print queue. You can then physical print from that virtual queue.

Has anyone configured this for their trakcare?
In order to do this I need to:
- map each trakcare user to their equivalent AD user

0 0
0 149
Announcement
· Dec 20, 2022
[Video] Updates in Security

Hey Community,

Join this session to learn more about security-related topics, starting with the change to the OpenSSL libraries and the general distribution of third-party libraries with InterSystems products (e.g., Web Server):

Updates in Security @ Global Summit 2022

https://www.youtube.com/embed/BZ-RGZKhmf8
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
1 261

Similar to: "set obj = ##class(myClass).%OpenId(id)", which give the an instance of the object with given ID, is there a way to implement a function/classmethod to return the same by providing both class name and ID as a parameter, such as: getObjectInstanceByNameId(className As %String, id As %Integer), using ObjectScript code?

1 7
0 837

Hi Community,

Watch this video to get an introduction to data types in InterSystems ObjectScript, and see how to use three common data types: strings, lists, and objects:

ObjectScript Data Types

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q6ZP3Fe64ts
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

3 1
0 439

Hi,

I want to realize configuration export and deployment through code, such as the export of Protol pages and production deployment. What should I do duction deployment. What should I do

The following is a picture of export and deployment

0 0
0 201
Article
· Dec 19, 2022 2m read
Reviews on Open Exchange - #23

If one of your packages on OEX receives a review you get notified by OEX only own YOUR package.
The rating reflects the experience of the reviewer with the status found at the time of review.
It is kind of a snapshot and might have changed meanwhile.
Reviews by other members of the community are marked by * in the last column.

0 0
0 129

Hi,

On adding two new custom settings to a process, i'm looking to improve the labelling on the component so that it includes spaces, i.e ("Archive Path" instead of "ArchivePath").

I've looked at the following article, specifically at the suggestion:

set ^CacheMsg("EnsColumns","en","ArchivePath")="Archive Path"

0 2
0 176

In the previous article, we talked about the flow of data to request the test and receive the results of the requested test. Now let's talk about one of the most important messages of HL7v2 standard.

Every time a receiving application accepts a message and consumes the message data, it is expected to send an ACKnowledgement (ACK) message back to the sending application. The sending application is expected to keep on sending a message until it has received an ACK message. It is done to inform the sending application that its message was successfully received, that it is (not) valid in accordance with HL7 rules and, if it is compliant, that it will be processed at some point.

3 0
0 1.2K

Hi,

If I test the Native api for Node.js from the documentation, I noticed (if I'm correct) all methods and calls are synchronous. By default due to the nature of Node.js, there is only one thread of execution and normally all JavaScript methods and all calls should be asynchronous and use either a callback function (the "old way") or promises or the async/await contruct to return their result, e.g.:

0 13
0 559

Hi Community,

Enjoy watching the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Using System Functions in InterSystems ObjectScript

https://www.youtube.com/embed/PKm278V59Ug

1 0
0 263

Hi,

I am trying to use the newly introduced adapter EnsLib.CloudStorage.InboundAdapter to pull files from azure blob container for the purpose of ECG scaling.

The ultimate goal would be- more than one services running to pull the files from a blob container and process them further. I am not sure if there would be any concurrency issue on that. So working on a poc to pull the data from server and test it out.

0 2
0 340

I am trying to figure out how to loop through the EnsLib.LDAP.Message.Results to get all the attributes. From router I am passing EnsLib.LDAP.Messge.Search as the request param. Response is EnsLib.LDAP.Message.Results. I am invoking the EnsLib.LDAP.Messge.Search BO.

At the BP level, trying to figure out how to extract all the attributes for a EnsLib.LDAP.Message.results

0 2
0 203
Question
· Dec 15, 2022
Installation Manifest

I am trying to make application deployable using Installation Manifest.

I use IRISHealth_Community-2022.2.0.368.0-win_x64.exe to run manifest during installation

I run it from windows command line using the following command:

IRISHealth_Community-2022.2.0.368.0-win_x64.exe INSTALLERMANIFEST="C:\FixxerInstall\src\Installer.xml" INSTALLERMANIFESTLOGFILE="Log.txt" INSTALLERMANIFESTLOGLEVEL=3 INSTALLERMANIFESTPARAMS="FlaggerCSPDir=C:\FixxerInstall\src\csp\flagger,ClassImportDir=C:\FixxerInstall\src\import\"

It works but a little bit strange.

1 4
0 351

It's time to announce the Winners for November 2022! Please welcome our awesome Global Masters Heroes!

The storm of applause goes to these developers and their great contribution to DC in November 2022:

🥇 @David Hockenbroch, senior analyst, WoodWare Systems, United States

🥈 @Robert Cemper, ex Senior Sales Engineer from InterSystems, Austria

🥉 @Dmitriy Maslennikov, Co-founder, CTO and Developer Advocate, CaretDev Corp, UAE

Learn more about the competition and our awesome winners below.

4 4
0 222

I am trying to migrate our SQL Connections from HealthShare Health Connect 2018.1.3 to IRIS HealthShare Health Connect 2022.2 using the Data Export/Import Wizard through the Management Portal. I am able to export the data fine, but I am running into issues trying to Import it into 2022.2 using the Data Import Wizard. When I run through the steps it is not importing everything from the txt file I created from 2018.1.3. I would rather not have to rekey all the connections if possible.

Here is the Background Task Error Log

0 2
0 297
Question
· Dec 12, 2022
IRIS Runtime Environment

Hello community.

I have project on IRIS.

I am trying to make application deployable.

The Idea is to have 1 file that customer can download and run. For now I realize that whole intersysytems developer kit that includes Studio, terminal acts as runtime environment (Like Java has JDK).

Is it possible to wrap my project to 1 archive (Back to Java example .war or .jar) and run it on some application server (like Tomcat) without Studio etc..?

Thank you!

0 5
0 281

IRIS BI

We offer you to embed business intelligence into your applications in order to give your users an opportunity to ask and answer sophisticated questions about their data. Typically, your application will include customizable dashboards that can provide insight into data from Business Intelligence models known as cubes.

In contrast with traditional BI systems that use static data warehouses, Business Intelligence keeps being constantly synchronized with the live transactional data.

5 2
0 501

Overview

Predictable storage IO performance with low latency is vital to provide scalability and reliability for your applications. This set of benchmarks is to inform users of IRIS considering deploying applications in AWS about EBS gp3 volume performance.

Summary

• An LVM stripe can increase IOPS and throughput beyond single EBS volume performance limits.
  • An LVM stripe lowers read latency.
4 1
0 2.1K
Question
· Dec 14, 2022
Property definition principles

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get head around this principle of instance variables and the advantage of it.

I found this principle used a lot by my predecessor in some properties definition and I'm wondering why don't we just use the property as simple as is, its creating two properties sCtg that contain the value and Ctg is a calculate to get the value of sCtg, is there advantage of fast accessing or... !?

0 3
0 237
Question
· Dec 13, 2022
Ignore BREAKs

Hi!

I'm running a unit test via terminal, and sometimes someone from another team/squad add a few BREAKs and my tests stop until I skip one by one.

Is there a way to ignore BREAKs?

0 7
0 299

Hi,

in our system we usually display an information if someone locks data that another user tries to edit. Like: "Data locked by <user>/<program>"

We have a global that is set at userlogin with following information:

^BA020(0,3,$job) = "<user>;<program>"

We show that information by getting the jobnr/owner from the locktable ^$LOCK("<ref>","OWNER") and looking at ^BA020.

0 1
1 193