One aspect of source code management is how to deal with the almost inevitable need to upgrade your Caché or Ensemble platform to a newer InterSystems release.

It's long been my experience that InterSystems does a very good job of maintaining backward compatibility. Code that works correctly on, say, 2012.1 is very likely to work correctly on, say, 2015.2 without any modification.

0 10
0 524

Hello!

My group and I are currently doing a research project on natural language processing and iKnow plays a big role in this project. I am aware that the algorithms iKnow use aren't public, and I respect that.

My question is, are there any public documents/research that explains, at least part of, the algorthims iKnow uses and the motivations for using them?

1 2
0 365

[SOLVED]

added

>/tmp/compilew.log &>/tmp/compilew.log ; tail /tmp/compilew.log

to redirect the output to the stdout. Somehow the javac has wierd behavior with the output on errors and verbose information.

Hi,

i want the JAVA-Projections and wrappers to compile after Caché created the files. The creation of the files works 100%.

My addition to createProjection in our Projectionclass is following:

0 2
0 339

In response to a comment on his posting about source control hooks and Atelier Bill McCormick used the example of Studio's SOAP Wizard and talked about providing more information about how Atelier will support this kind of extension.

My Atelier (1.0.116) has a Tools menu with an Add-Ins option and a "Soap Wizard" (sic) submenu.

Is there any information available to us yet about how we can add our own add-ins of this kind?

2 7
0 451

We have to route messages in a Process Class by their source (using either the SourceConfigName from the Message Header or the Source in the Message Body.

The inputs are standard HL7 messages from different Services but need to be routed on to different Processes depending on where they come from (not my design & I can't change it now) does any one have any suggestions how I could do this?

Thanks

0 4
0 681

I have a tablepane in my Zen page that is tied to a class query. When the page first loads, the table is empty. A button onclick event causes the tablepane query to execute and load query results into the table. I want an onchange event from a datalistbox to clear the tablepane so that it looks empty as it was when the page first loaded. I have had no luck fiddling with javascript in the datalistbox's onchange.

0 1
0 393

In the documenations at this location http://docs.intersystems.com/enscomm20152/csp/documatic/%25CSP.Documatic..., the normalize method applies normalizaion for text using the defined manguage and dictionary.

I want to normalize my iFind queries. How can I use the normalize method ? any code sample ?

I want also to delete properly the iFind index. Deleting all the rows in the table is sufficient ?

0 1
0 343
Question
· Mar 10, 2016
Enterprise Monitor

Has anybody managed to get Enterprise Monitor to work to monitor multiple namespaces on manay instances?

I am hitting an issue trying to get a local instance namespace working.

I have this error for my first local namespace sytem configured.

"Ensemble encountered an error while loading this page"

0 3
0 273

Some thins I have noticed, which I am not sure are bugs or features to come.

1.) Go to type declaration (F3 or ctrl+click on a class/variable/method)

It doesn not work on object variables and methods

Where it does work, it opens the related class but it is not editable.

2. )There is no code indentation correction/ctrl+L ?

Is this planned?

I would very much prefer to have formatting even if it means loosing some COS "functionalty".

1 4
0 268

I currently have an Ensemble production which accepts and handles SOAP requests. I now need to support the exact same data, but instead of coming in as a SOAP request, comes in as a multipart/form-data request. The body of the message would look something like:

0 4
1 743

If your Ensemble environment is actually a HealthShare one, here's a snippet of information that I wasn't able to find in the documentation.

When a namespace is HealthShare-enabled it gets some mappings added to it in order to fetch stuff from the HSLIB database. The most obvious mapping is a package mapping that gives your namespace all the HS.* classes.

0 4
0 413
Question
· Mar 9, 2016
project syncing issues

I have 2 projects in atelier, A and B which map to namespace A and B on the same server.

Namespace B has some classes mapped from namespace A.

I then edit a mapped class in project A and save it(I can see the changes in cache studio as well).

atelier A:

studio:

However in project B the class does not change, even if I click the "syncronize all files with associated namespace " button.

atelier B:

0 7
0 278
Question
· Mar 8, 2016
Multiple Namespaces vs One

We are beginning a project to switch over to a differnt EMR for our inpatient system, and we are wondering if others out here have worked on a similar project and how did you handle your Ensemble environment?

Currently, we use one namespace for all of our HL7 interfaces. Has anyone used a separate namespace for a project to keep the build separate until go-live? What were the pros/cons for you using a different namespace? Or did you use one and what issues did you have because of it?

0 2
0 396

Suppose I want to create an Eclipse plugin designed to be added to Atelier, and my plugin needs to perform some processing on the server that the current Atelier project is configured to connect to.

Is there a way I can use the connection credentials that have already been entered by the user? I don't really want to make them enter these again into my own plugin.

1 8
0 488

Hi,

Can a Cache Mirror be used in the cloud ? (ie stand up a Primary and Backup member instances in a High Availability Cache Mirroring configuration)

I'm investigating the validity of this configuration, because I was of the understanding that this may not possible due to these cloud servers not (typically) having fixed ip addresses, which interferes with the Virtual IP settings for the mirror set.

Is this correct, and if there are workarounds (like Load Balancing ?) can I have details on how this should be configured ?

1 8
0 870

I would like to know how to get the key value from a dropdownmenuitem placed on a navbar.

I have tried to get from onselect and onchange events of the template class, but it didn´t work.

According to the snapshot attached I am trying to retrieve the values from 'action-1' and 'action-2'.

I have attached a ZIP file with a snapshot which value I am trying to retrieve and example classes.

Thanks.

1 8
0 310

If you've got more than one developer on a project, do you each work in your own namespace? Or do you all use a common namespace?

Through my work at George James Software I have encountered many different Caché and Ensemble development setups. At risk of over-generalizing, the older and more established users of InterSystems technologies seem more likely to have all their developers working in a common namespace, whereas the newer 'converts' tend to favour giving each developer their own namespace.

2 7
0 781
Question
· Mar 3, 2016
Filtering incoming records?

We have a situation where we want to detect and ignore documents/records at the earliest possible point based on certain criteria. We have an existing "CDA Preprocessor" in the workflow which is an XSL transform. This is what our contractors are planning to utilize to "filter" these documents. This doesn't really make sense to me. I see XSLT as a way to manipulate the contents of a document and filter certain peices of data. In my brain, I would use an Ensemble business rule to detect the criteria and route the document as necessary.

1 4
0 388

What is the recommended approach to handle the following scenario: Large number of HL7 messages are serviced via Ensemble. Those messages are then transformed and routed to an Operation which calls a web service which does a number of different activities. If will do address normalization, location geo coding, MPI lookup and resolution, and insert into a SQL Server database to stage for an analytics product. Unfortunately all of this work takes time and the first thing that happens in the web service is a lock taken out on the Patien in SQL Server.

1 2
0 664