maybe I am not looking in the correct spots, but how should one handle an Exception from a SOAP web service within the Business Process Language? For example I am sending a request to a Web Service to try to get information, but the response I am getting is an Exception like "Patient Not Found".

Is there a function I can call to check the response similar to what I do to check a SQL Snapshot to see if it is valued?

Thanks

Scott Roth

0 2
0 646
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 18,627 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Article
· Oct 6, 2016 4m read
RESTful Exception Handling

A beginner’s guide to Exception Handling in RESTful web services. The article gives an example how the various error conditions during processing a service request can be handled.

We expect our client – server communication working in a flawless operational condition, running error free software. But we are prepared to handle exceptions. Are we? So far in the examples of the previous sessions were not. We did not care about exceptions. The result? In any error incident it took ages to figure out what the problem is and more importantly how to fix it.

3 1
0 1.7K

I'm trying to read PID-3 and route the message based on if a certain prefix existed, but I keep getting Property Does Not Exist.

I've tried

HL7.(PID:PatientIDInternalID()) Contains "COS"

HL7.(PID:PatientIDInternalID(1)) Contains "COS"

HL7.{PID:PatientIDInternalID()} Contains "COS"

HL7.{PID:PatientIDInternalID(1)} Contains "COS"

This is a 2.3 MDM message. Thanks!

0 1
0 552
Article
· Oct 5, 2016 13m read
RESTful way of data transfer

This article gives a brief introduction how a RESTful service consumer and a RESTful service provider exchange data. It is a beginner’s guide. Data is transferred from a consumer to a provider as parameters of the service. Parameters are part of a service request. The result of the service action a response is returned from a provider to a consumer. Both the service request and response are standard HTTP messages. Since HTTP is a flexible standard regarding to the message contents, RESTful services also enjoy the versatility of data transfer methods.

3 0
0 4.5K

Good Morning and thanks in advance for all replies. I have created a PowerShell script for backing up CACHE and all related files to be run on a nightly basis. My script works as long as the Unknownuser has %all access which is not acceptable in our production environment. I have tried every format I can thank of to get the script to use a specific id with no luck. How can I get this command to run under a specific id?

..\bin\cache -s. -U%SYS "##Class(Backup.General).ExternalFreeze() <d:\backup\login.scr"

The file just has

1 5
0 643
Article
· Aug 31, 2016 1m read
DeepSee cubes building troubleshooting

Hi!

Sometimes you see that call to DeepSee cube building method:

w ##class(%DeepSee.Utils).%BuildCube("CubeName")

does nothing.

Here are my 2 cents on possible reasons.

1. Run DeepSee Reset method in certain Namespace:

NAMESPACE> w ##class(%DeepSee.Utils).%Reset()

and try again.

2. Make sure, that all the indices in your base class for the cube are rebuilt, rebuild them and run it again:

1 2
0 382

NewBie's Corner Session 27 Traversing A Global with $Order Part 1

Welcome to NewBie's Corner, a weekly or biweekly post covering basic Caché Material.

Traversing A Global

Perhaps the most difficult concept in Caché/MUMPS is its Global Structure. This session and several that follow it deals with the Global Structure. However, just presenting the material will not guarantee your understanding of it. You must experiment with the data and concepts that are presented.

1 20
0 766

NewBie's Corner Session 28 Various Methods to Traverse a Global

Welcome to NewBie's Corner, a weekly or biweekly post covering basic Caché Material.

Judging from the number of responses to Session 27 Traversing A Global, developers are passionate about their methods. I am not here to judge the merit of the various methods.

Over the next few pages I will demonstrate a number of methods to Traverse a Global. If you don't already have a favorite they may help you pick one.

2 13
0 602
Question
· Sep 28, 2016
wsHttpBinding with Cache

Hi all,

This is a real long shot, but does anyone have experience integrating MS wsHttpBinding with a Cache application?

Link

I ask because my project had some initial design discussions for new web service communication and this specification was mentioned.

Thanks.

0 1
0 315

Hi, Community!

Here is the digest of Articles and Questions published on InterSystems Developer Community in September 2016.

Most viewed

Mirroring 101: a brief guide and FAQ - 238

NewBie's Corner Session 27 Traversing A Global with $Order Part 1 - 214

Cache for Raspberry Pi? - 209

Free Text Search: The Way To Search Your Text Fields That SQL Developers Are Hiding From You!* - 199

REST in Pieces - 196

User authentication using Arduino with RFID - 146

Windows 7 performs shutdown too fast for Cache to close and so it gets forced down - 143

Cache or Caché? - 141

NewBie's Corner Session 28 Various Methods to Traverse a Global - 134

Cache Certification - 128

Most voted

Ensemble and file outbound adapters - a small hint - 11

Free Text Search: The Way To Search Your Text Fields That SQL Developers Are Hiding From You!* - 9

Windows write caching - 9

Advanced URL mapping for REST - 6

Windows 7 performs shutdown too fast for Cache to close and so it gets forced down - 6

Featured InterSystems Video: OAuth 2.0 Overview - 6

The Art of Mapping Globals to Classes (2 of 3) - 5

Running HealthShare XSLTs from Terminal - 5

Cache for Raspberry Pi? - 5

Cache or Caché? - 5

Most commented

NewBie's Corner Session 27 Traversing A Global with $Order Part 1 - 16

Cache for Raspberry Pi? - 14

question on ExternalFreeze on windows platform -- - 14

Cache or Caché? - 12

Mirroring 101: a brief guide and FAQ - 10

Windows 7 performs shutdown too fast for Cache to close and so it gets forced down - 9

Multiple namespaces in web application - 8

cleaning up CSP sessions (aka where/who/what is the %CSP.Daemon?) - 8

NewBie's Corner Session 28 Various Methods to Traverse a Global - 8

Free Text Search: The Way To Search Your Text Fields That SQL Developers Are Hiding From You!* - 7

0 0
0 345
Question
· Sep 9, 2016
Trimming...

Hello, guys.

I found one interesting moment in Cache Object Script. It doesn't have(or at least I didn't find) trimming function. By trimming I mean if a string has some whitespaces/tabs/carriage returns from very beginning or/and from very right, this function removes them.

I have found several workaround ways.

1. Using Cache Basic

1 6
0 1.8K
Article
· Sep 30, 2016 1m read
ECP Magic

I saw someone recently refer to ECP as magic. It certainly seems so, and there is a lot of very clever engineering to make it work. But the following sequence of diagrams is a simple view of how data is retrieved and used across a distributed architecture.

For more more on ECP including capacity planning follow this link: Data Platforms and Performance - Part 7 ECP for performance, scalability and availability

10 0
0 1.2K

It appears latest version of field test supports Rules. What does support of Ensemble rules in Atelier mean for Ensemble users? Does it mean compilation and development can now be done in new Studio? If yes, how indentation and aliment work with Atelier?

Thanks

2016.2.0.726.0AtelierCDS2785Support Ensemble Business Rules in Atelier api
0 1
0 335

Hi All

I have a question on working with dev and prod environments.

After project is ready and signed, I usually migrate outcome to production using the export tool from the studio.

For changes/adding to existing projects, I exclude the production class (as it has some different values differing the dev from the live) and I add the differences manually afterwards.

My questions on migrating are:

Does anyone has (to share) his/her best practice steps on "migrating dev to prod"?

2 2
0 464

Checking if Directory or File Exists:

Outlined below is an example of how to check if a directory exists:

Set directoryName="c:\temp\nosuchdir"

/* Check for existence of a directory - Return Value:  0 - directory does not exist;  1 - directory does exist  */

Set directoryExists=##class(%File).DirectoryExists(directoryName)

If ('directoryExists)  // do the processing for when a directory does not exist

Outlined below is an example of how to check if a file exists:

3 1
0 2.9K

Hi all,

We're creating a series of RESTful APIs that output data from a Cache database (made up of global storage that we've mapped to classes). I'm running into some problems with object-to-JSON conversions when relationships are involved. Eg:

ParentClass has children relationship to ChildClass

ChildClass has parent relationship to ParentClass

0 1
1 631