Hi,

I'm new with writing Caché Objectscript so I need some assistance. I have XML which contains information like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<session>
   <sessionId>124364</sessionId>
   <cabinet>demo</cabinet>
   <eventType>IN</eventType>
   <eventTime>20161006160154</eventTime>
   <login>test</login>
   <loginFirstName>test</loginFirstName>
   <loginLastName>test</loginLastName>
</session>

I have a class representing this object as follows:

0 2
0 1.3K
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 18,627 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Question
· Oct 31, 2016
Grant Permission for WSDL

I implemented a WebService in edge of HeathShare but it is asking for user and password, so it isn't possible to publish.

How can I grant permission for that service?

PS. When I type the user and pass the WSDL shown is correct.

1 4
0 650

hi,

1. Created a class(test) and added a classmethod(checkdata).

2. Assigned a object with xml.

3. Created a new class for response and initialized in classmethod(checkdata).

4. Created a new class for request parsing with list of object parameter.

5. While parsing xml in request for list of object, the result count is "0". But the xml has value for "2" object list.

6. XML has follow:

0 4
0 835

NewBie's Corner Session 22 Parameters Part III

Welcome to NewBie's Corner, a weekly or biweekly post covering basic Caché Material.

Parameters

In Sessions’ 20 and 21 on Parameters we saw how to call one routine from another with parameters as well as calling one Label from another with parameters. In these examples, the data was passed through the parameters from the calling routine or label to the called routine or label.

Now suppose you wanted the called routine or label to pass data back?

0 2
0 276

We are finally planning to migrate some ancient Caché applications that are run on Caché 5.0.21 to a new server with Caché 2016.2.0 or so.

I wonder if we could use Shadowing between those to keep the data on the new server up to date?

We would copy the Caché backup from the old environment to the new and do a RESTORE there and then start shadowing.

I know than 5.0.21 is no more officially supported by ISC.

0 5
0 675

Hi,

We have created a dll with .Net that generates a MS Word document with a template. The .Net method works, we have tested it with Visual Studio and it generates the document.

But once we have created the dll and embebed it in Ensemble through the Wizard, when we try to execute the method that generates the document, it doesn't work. It doesn't throw us an error, it simply doesn't open the template.

We have seen that MS Word program is opened, but that's all.

0 5
0 636

After reading Stephen Wilson's article "Windows 7 performs shutdown too fast for Cache to close and so it gets forced down" I've recalled another solution that was based on Local Group Policy, which allows to control extra actions that should occur on computer startup or shutdown. How to add a computer shutdown script is well documented in MS Technet article.

7 1
0 979
Question
· Oct 27, 2016
DeepSee Overview Document

Hi-

I was wondering if there was a DeepSee overview document available for a non-technical user. Something short and concise describing what DeepSee is and its key features.

I've looked at the documentation and although there are parts of what I am looking for there it is much too technical for my needs.

Thanks

0 1
0 271
Article
· Oct 27, 2016 1m read
Ensemble's Workflow Inbox portal

Hi - If you want to embed Ensemble's Workflow Inbox, (that offers workflow task items to workflow users) inside of your application - you can access the URL directly without necessarily giving users access to the Management Portal - but more importantly, you can strip away the Titlebar, Worklists and Borders that make up the page by default.

You do this by using the same URL parameters you would use, if embedding a regular DeepSee dashboard into your application.

For example, adding &EMBED=1 at the end of the URL as depicted below:

0 0
0 382

Hi,

I have an Ensemble DTL which is suppose to translate the inbound XML document to an outbound XML document.

I need to test if a particular XML element exists, to perform some translation.

In the DTL I have the following,

<if condition='source.{element1.element2.element3}'>

<true>

// do something

</true>

</if>

How do you use if statement to test the source XML document to see if a particular element exists in the source doucment.

Thanks,

0 2
0 1K
Article
· Oct 26, 2016 1m read
Ensemble XML VDoc Schema Editing

This article explains how Atelier helps you to improve software development productivity. One of the Ensemble features is the VDoc infrastructure. When someone develops HL7 v2.* production, She/ He is in a luxurious situation because Ensemble comes with a HL7 Schema editor. On the other hand this is not the case with XML VDocs. But with some effort you can turn Atelier to a handy XSD editor and close the gap.

Please follow the step-by-step guide to complete the job.

Before you read

Please make sure that you have

1 0
0 583

It has been noticed that some customers running JAVA programs (for example, FOP) on AIX would see the server eventually running low then out of memory. Customer would notice the system pages heavily and user experience becomes bad. And the server would crash when out of memory.

When the problem happens, we can see in ipcs a lot of shared memory segment marked for deletion (Capital D at the beginning of MODE section). This means they will not disappear until the last process attached to the segment detaches it.

5 0
1 1.8K

Hi All,

I have a general query in regards to developers experience on extracting data from cache databases and the most efficient way to do so. I work with a number of clients who have applications with cache databases and require the data off the host system and onto data warehouse platforms for research and analysis. Often they require the data in source state which means the extracts are often simply a table scan of the entire database table without any aggregation or manipulation.

1 2
0 1.6K

We at George James Software recently released a new version of Deltanji, the native source code management tool for Caché, Ensemble and HealthShare.

Version 6.1 includes several enhancements, including easy creation of labels. Bulk transfer of large codesets is also now available from the browser UI.

A perpetually free "install and go" Solo Edition of Deltanji is available. Licenses can be purchased for other editions that provide more advanced code management and deployment features.

Deltanji is compatible with Atelier. It can also manage external files.

2 0
0 537
Question
· Oct 24, 2016
Call Java package from Caché

Hello,

I'm a beginner in HealthShare, and I start to develop with caché some dataflow.

Some of my business process exist in java code.

Is-it possible to call these packages from caché classes ?

If it is, how can I do it in Caché classe ?

Thanx

0 2
0 524

NewBie's Corner Session 21 Parameters Part II

Welcome to NewBie's Corner, a weekly or biweekly post covering basic Caché Material.

Parameters

In the previous session we saw how to call RtnB from RtnA with Parameters.

We also defined Parameters as another name for Variables when used in passing data from one Routine to another, or, from one Label to another.

Calling a routine from a Label, or to a Label, from within a routine is very similar to calling a routine itself.

0 0
0 252
Question
· Oct 19, 2016
Upgrade to Ensemble 2016

Hi All,

We are Upgrading the Application from Ensemble 2009 to 2016.1. We have imported the user, Roles and Resources.
But the Sql Tables and Sql Procedures are not being visible in Management portal -> Security Management -> User.
Please give me a solution or basics steps for importing those.

Thanks,
Manoj J

1 9
0 467