About the RemoteSystemsTempFiles project in Eclipse / Atelier
Where did the RemoteSystemsTempFiles project come from?
If you're using Atelier, you may have noticed a project called "RemoteSystemsTempFiles" in the Atelier Explorer and Project Explorer views. This project is automatically created by the Eclipse Remote Systems Explorer (RSE) on start-up. The RSE allows you to connect to and work with a variety of remote systems.
You can either hide this project within your views, or remove it completely by following the steps below.
Removing the RemoteSystemsTempFiles project from Eclipse
- Select Window > Preferences (or on a Mac, Eclipse > Preferences)
- Drop down the "General" section
- Click "Startup and Shutdown"
- Uncheck the box next to "RSE UI" and click "Apply and Close"
- In either the Atelier or Project Explorer, right click the RemoteSystemsTempFiles project and click "Delete"
- Check the box next to "Delete project contents on disk" and click OK
Hiding RemoteSystemsTempFiles in the Atelier Explorer
- Select the white triangle in the top-right of the Atelier Explorer view
- Click "Filters..."
- Check the box next to "Non-Atelier projects" and click OK
- Note: this will hide all projects that are not Atelier-specific from this view
Hiding RemoteSystemsTempFiles in the Project Explorer
- Select the white triangle in the top-right of the Project Explorer view
- Click "Filters and Customization..."
- Check the box next to "RSE Internal Projects" and click OK