Announcements

Hi Guys,

Basically I'm looking for a sample what I can send data in aJSON format to a a webservice using an http request pls?

I've found some documentation on %Net.HttpRequest but a sample on how to connect to a Webservice and send data to it would be really helpful?

Our clients are running Cache & Ensemble 2014 

Thanks

Last answer 2 January 2018 Last comment 10 January 2018
0   0 3

views

rating

Everybody has a testing environment.

Some people are lucky enough to have a totally separate environment to run production in.

-- Unknown

In this series of articles, I'd like to present and discuss several possible approaches toward software development with InterSystems technologies and GitLab. I will cover such topics as:

• Git 101
  • Git flow (development process)
  • GitLab installation
  • GitLab WorkFlow
  • GitLab CI/CD
  • CI/CD with containers

This first part deals with the cornerstone of modern software development - Git version control system and various Git flows.

Last comment 22 November 2018
+ 11   1 5

views

+ 11

rating

Hi,

Is it possible to Save a base64 data string, representing a png, as a binary png file, In Cache?

When I search google , in general , not Cache specifically,  I see such articles:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11511511/how-to-save-a-png-image-ser...

and this answer:

You need to extract the base64 image data from that string, decode it and then you can save it to disk, you don't need GD since it already is a png.

Last answer 11 February 2018 Last comment 11 February 2018
0   0 2

views

rating

Hi, Community!

Have a question for general discussion. 

In ObjectScript we have cls for classes and mac code, which both compile into int code. 

Is there any reason when you use mac instead of cls  for non-persistent classes?

For me the benefits for cls are:

1. Inheritance and other OOP features

2. Auto-documented code 

For mac one visible benefit is easier call in terminal:

do method^Utils(p1,p2)

vs

Last comment 18 July 2018
0   1 15

views

rating

Hi all,

I have started using the UPS in my application for shipment and cancellation.

I have the WSDL from the UPS.

I have imported the WSDL via Studio->Tools->addins and finish the process to get the Package implemeted in my studio.

Now the SOAP method contains a URL which is for their live system so i manually changed the URL with their Testing URL.

They are also providing the sample shipment numbers which we can use to test the cancellation process.

I am trying that shipment number to void(cancel) the shipment by call the method.

Last answer 8 January 2018 Last comment 5 January 2018
0   0 2

views

rating

Where did the RemoteSystemsTempFiles project come from?

If you're using Atelier, you may have noticed a project called "RemoteSystemsTempFiles" in the Atelier Explorer and Project Explorer views. This project is automatically created by the Eclipse Remote Systems Explorer (RSE) on start-up. The RSE allows you to connect to and work with a variety of remote systems.

You can either hide this project within your views, or remove it completely by following the steps below.

+ 5   0 1

comments

views

+ 5

rating

InterSystems is pleased to announce that InterSystems IRIS Data Platform 2018.1.0 is now released.

This press release was issued this morning.

InterSystems IRIS is a complete, unified data platform that makes it faster and easier to build real-time, data-rich applications.  It mirrors our design philosophy that software should be interoperable, reliable, intuitive, and scalable.

Last comment 16 May 2018
+ 3   0 9

views

+ 3

rating

Often InterSystems technology architect team is asked about recommended storage arrays or storage technologies.  To provide this information to a wider audience as reference, a new series is started to provide some of the results we have encountered with various storage technologies.  As a general recommendation, all-flash storage is highly recommended with all InterSystems products to provide the lowest latency and predictable IOPS capabilities.

The first in the series was the most recently tested Netapp AFF A300 storage array.  This is middle-tier type storage array with several higher models above it.  This specific A300 model is capable of supporting a minimal configuration of only a few drives to hundreds of drives per HA pair, and also capable of being clustered with multiple controller pairs for tens of PB's of disk capacity and hundreds of thousands of IOPS or higher. 

+ 3   0 1

comments

views

+ 3

rating

Intro

For many in today's interoperability landscape, REST reigns supreme. With the overabundance of tools and approaches to REST API development, what tools do you choose and what do you need to plan for before writing any code?
This article focuses on design patterns and considerations that allow you to build highly robust, adaptive, and consistent REST APIs. Viable approaches to challenges of CORS support and authentication management will be discussed, along with various tips and tricks and best tools for all stages of REST API development. Learn about the open-source REST APIs available for InterSystems IRIS Data Platform and how they tackle the challenge of ever-increasing API complexity.
The article is a write-up for a recent webinar on the same topic.

Last comment 29 March 2018
+ 4   1 5

views

+ 4

rating

Containers

With the launch of InterSystems IRIS Data Platform, we provide our product even  in a Docker container. But what is a container?

The fundamental container definition is that of a sandbox for a process.  

Containers are software-defined packages that have some similarities to virtual machines (VM) like for example they can be executed. 

Containers provide isolation without a full OS emulation. Containers are therefore much lighter than a VM. 

Last comment 15 November 2018
+ 7   1 8

views

+ 7

rating

InterSystems supports use of the InterSystems IRIS Docker images it provides on Linux only. Rather than executing containers as native processes, as on Linux platforms, Docker for Windows creates a Linux VM running under Hyper-V, the Windows virtualizer, to host containers. These additional layers add complexity that prevents InterSystems from supporting Docker for Windows at this time.

+ 10   2 10

views

+ 10

rating

In this series of articles, I'd like to present and discuss several possible approaches toward software development with InterSystems technologies and GitLab. I will cover such topics as:

• Git 101
  • GitLab installation
  • GitLab Workflow
  • Continuous Delivery
  • GitLab installation and configuration
  • GitLab CI/CD

In the previous article, we covered Git basics, why a high-level understanding of Git concepts is important for modern software development, and how Git can be used to develop software. Still, our focus was on the implementation part of software development, but this part presents:

• GitLab Workflow - a complete software life cycle process - from idea to user feedback
  • Continuous Delivery - software engineering approach in which teams produce software in short cycles, ensuring that the software can be reliably released at any time. It aims at building, testing, and releasing software faster and more frequently.

Last comment 1 March 2019
+ 5   0 4

views

+ 5

rating

Hi

We are experimenting with maintaining my image files outside of Cache as it will scale out pretty soon and obviously as its not Object based.

For this purpose we have decided to go with AWS S3 File Storage

Now S3 does support REST Operations and Ensemble does it too

However I am not able to find any example in Intersystems Documentation which demonstrates any Put Operation

Only documentation I could find is this explaining the GET operation

Last answer 27 July 2018 Last comment 27 September 2018
0   0 4

views

rating

This post provides useful links and an overview of best practice configuration for low latency storage IO by creating LVM Physical Extent (PE) stripes for database disks on InterSystems Data Platforms; InterSystems IRIS, Caché, and Ensemble.

Last comment 25 June 2019
+ 5   1 4

views

+ 5

rating

GraphQL is a standard for declaring data structures and methods of data access that serves as a middleware layer between the client and the server. If you’ve never heard about GraphQL, here is a couple of useful online resources: here, here and here.

In this article, I will tell you how you can use GraphQL in your projects based on InterSystems technologies.

Last comment 22 January 2019
+ 13   9 5

views

+ 13

rating

• Git 101
  • GitLab installation
  • GitLab Workflow
  • Continuous Delivery
  • GitLab installation and configuration
  • GitLab CI/CD
  • Why containers?
  • Containers infrastructure
  • GitLab CI/CD using containers

In the first article, we covered Git basics, why a high-level understanding of Git concepts is important for modern software development, and how Git can be used to develop software.

In the second article, we covered GitLab Workflow - a complete software life cycle process and Continuous Delivery.

In the third article, we covered GitLab installation and configuration and connecting your environments to GitLab

In the fourth article, we wrote a CD configuration.

In the fifth article, we talked about containers and how (and why) they can be used.

In this article let's discuss main components you'll need to run a continuous delivery pipeline with containers and how they all work together.

+ 3   1 2

comments

views

+ 3

rating

Hi all,

I'm wonder what could be the best way convert the sentence "Switch" C# into Cache code.

int caseSwitch = 1;

switch (caseSwitch)
{
    case 1:
    Console.WriteLine("Case 1");
    break;

case 2:
    Console.WriteLine("Case 2");
    break;

default:
    Console.WriteLine("Default case");
    break;

}

My first attempt was:

Last answer 3 July 2018 Last comment 20 July 2018
+ 1   1 7

views

+ 1

rating

I recently had to diagnose a networking problem I was having when attached to our corporate network.   I was seeing an unknown bridge network being defined that shared the same IP address space as the company network thus blocking access to company resources.  This bridge network was separate from the Docker0 bridge network which the docker engine sets up.  Docker was configured with a bip (bridge ip) address to prevent docker form using an address space that create a conflict.

Last comment 28 December 2018
0   0 2

views

rating

Hi, Community!

Coding guidelines discussion. Consider you have For with one command in the cycle. Here are the options:

One

For i=1:1:1000 set ^Test(i)=""

Two

For i=1:1:1000 {

set ^Test(i)=""

}

Same for the "If":

if a set b=a

or

if a {

set b=a

}

Your choice? Or maybe even other options? 

Last comment 27 April 2018
0   1 14

views

rating