Announcements

The DeclarativeCOS project is a heartfelt cry about programming in the COS language.

The purpose of the project is to draw attention of the public to improving the inner core of COS.

The idea of the project is the support of a laconic syntax for cycles and collections.

So what is this laconic something that I have come up with? Welcome to the examples below!

Examples

The key concept underlying the project is the declarative approach to writing code. You need to specify WHAT should be used and HOW.

Last comment 4 days ago
+ 5   0 7

views

+ 5

rating

The newer dynamic SQL classes (%SQL.Statement and %StatementResult) perform better than %ResultSet, but I did not adopt them for some time because I had learned how to use %ResultSet. Finally, I made a cheat sheet, which I find useful when writing new code or rewriting old code. I thought other people might find it useful.

First, here is a somewhat more verbose adaptation of my cheat sheet:

Last comment 7 days ago
+ 7   2 13

views

+ 7

rating

Cogs Library

Over the next few months I will be releasing a number of open source libraries and tools to the Caché community.

Most of the code has evolved from previous production grade solutions over the years and I am collating it together under a single overarching library package that I am calling Cogs.

Last comment 3 August 2019
+ 17   4 9

views

+ 17

rating

Below is a simple alert processor based on the EnsLib.HTTP.OutboundAdapter  to send text alerts via an SMS Gateway service. Typically, all that is needed to send an HTTP Post to the gateway service is the destination phone number, a source phone number, credentials, and the URL.

The code below is based on the Anveo gateway whose interface is as follows:

+ 4   0 6

views

+ 4

rating

Hi Community!

We want to invite you to join InterSystems Global Masters Advocacy Hub!

The Global Masters Advocacy Hub is our customer engagement platform where you will be invited to have some fun completing entertaining challenges, earning badges for the contribution to Developer Community, communicating with other advocates, and accumulating points which you can redeem for a variety of rewards and special honors.

Last comment 15 July 2019
+ 5   0 36

views

+ 5

rating

Hi, colleagues!

Suppose you have large set of cubes, pivots and dashboards in your DeepSee solution.

Then you  change the level, measure or dimension in the cube and is there any way to test that your new input didn't  break current pivots, dashboards, etc?

How to test this?

How do you test your DeepSee solutions?

Last answer 18 May 2017 Last comment 19 June 2019
+ 2   0 4

views

+ 2

rating

Note (June 2019): A lot has changed, for the latest details go here

Note (Sept 2018): There have been big changes since this post first appeared, I suggest using the Docker Container version, the project and details for running as a container are still in the same place  published on GitHub so you can download, run - and modify if you need to.

Last comment 12 June 2019
+ 8   1 7

views

+ 8

rating

This question is about calling AWS REST APIs. Based on:

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/sigv4_signing.html

AWS requires REST clients to call their APIs using Signature Version 4 which in case you don't know what I am talking about is a pain in the neck.  Here comes the question:

Has anybody, by any chance implemented the v4 signing alg. in COS? If yes, would she or he have the kind heart to share?

Thanks,

Chris

Last answer 23 March 2017 Last comment 6 June 2019
0   0 6

views

rating

There are several options how to deliver user interface(UI) for DeepSee BI solutions. The most common approaches are:

• use native DeepSee Dashboards, get web UI in Zen and deliver it in your web apps.

• use DeepSee REST API, get and build your own UI widgets and dashboards.

The 1st approach is good because of the possibility to build BI dashboards without coding relatively fast, but you are limited with preset widgets library which is expandable but with a lot of development efforts.

The 2nd provides you the way to use any comprehensive js framework (D3, Highcharts, etc) to visualize your DeepSee data, but you need to code widgets and dashboards on your own.

Today I want to tell you about yet another approach which combines both listed above and provides Angular based web UI for DeepSee Dashboards -  DeepSee Web library.

Last comment 28 May 2019
+ 2   3 9

views

+ 2

rating

In the previous parts (1, 2) we talked about globals as trees. In this article, we will look at them as sparse arrays.

A sparse array - is a type of array where most values assume an identical value.

In practice, you will often see sparse arrays so huge that there is no point in occupying memory with identical elements. Therefore, it makes sense to organize sparse arrays in such a way that memory is not wasted on storing duplicate values.

In some programming languages, sparse arrays are part of the language - for example, in J, MATLAB. In other languages, there are special libraries that let you use them. For C++, those would be Eigen and the like.

Globals are good candidates for implementing sparse arrays for the following reasons:

Last comment 23 May 2019
+ 6   0 5

views

+ 6

rating

I am following the ESB tutorial(https://learning.intersystems.com/course/view.php?id=77) and using my local system(2014.1.5) windows 7.  I click the button on SoapUI for the Weather piece (http://127.0.0.1:57774/esb/soap/Weather/GlobalWeather.asmx) and get the response of   <text>ERROR &lt;Ens&gt;ErrBusinessDispatchNameNotRegistered: Business dispatch name &apos;EnsLib.SOAP.GenericService&apos; is not registered to run</text&

Last answer 4 February 2017 Last comment 6 February 2017
0   0 3

views

rating

I am looking for a solution with Ensemble to talk to a old NTLM based SOAP Service. Does anyone has done this before?

We have the webservice calls working via SOAPUI but we are looking how we can make it work with Ensemble.

Is there a ready to use Outbound Adapter for NTLM ?

Thx.

Last answer 14 March 2017 Last comment 13 May 2019
0   0 4

views

rating

So, one day you're working away at WidgetsDirect, the leading supplier of widget and widget accessories, when your boss asks you to develop the new customer facing portal to allow the client base to access the next generation of Widgets..... and he wants you to use Angular 1.x to read into the department's Caché server.   

There's only one problem:  You've never used Angular, and don't know how to make it talk to Caché.

This guide is going to walk through the process of setting up a full Angular stack which communicates with a Caché backend using JSON over REST.  

Last comment 25 April 2019
+ 14   1 7

views

+ 14

rating

The InterSystems DBMS has a built-in technology for working with non-structured data called iKnow and a full-text search technology called iFind. We decided to take a dive into both and make something useful. As the result, we have DocSearch — a web application for searching in InterSystems documentation using iKnow and iFind.

Last comment 1 April 2019
+ 8   0 8

views

+ 8

rating

Good afternoon - I am in the process of writing a AngularJS front-end for some CoS functions that my integration team uses for auditing, analyzing and various other purposes. I have re-tooled the functions to return JSON results that AngularJS can then interpret and display. Many kudos to the AngularJS series on this site for giving me a jump start.

Last answer 16 October 2017 Last comment 1 April 2019
0   0 2

views

rating

Database systems have very specific backup requirements that in enterprise deployments require forethought and planning. For database systems, the operational goal of a backup solution is to create a copy of the data in a state that is equivalent to when application is shut down gracefully.  Application consistent backups meet these requirements and Caché provides a set of APIs that facilitate the integration with external solutions to achieve this level of backup consistency.

Last comment 18 March 2019
+ 1   1 4

views

+ 1

rating

Hi there,

I'm trying to develop a  program calling Cache REST service twice with Cors. The first is fetching some information of a patient with GET request, the second is using obtained information to call another REST service(implemented in the same class though) with POST to  perform other tasks.

Last answer 29 October 2018 Last comment 14 March 2019
0   0 3

views

rating

Greetings, InterSystems community!

I am pleased to announce that the web terminal project, Caché WebTerminal version 4 gets its release! After long period of enhancing this web application from 2013, it came to the version 4, which features major stability and security improvements, intelligent autocomplete and syntax highlighting, convenient SQL mode and a lot of other useful features.

The goal of this article is to spread the knowledge about this project over the InterSystems community.

Last comment 26 February 2019
+ 15   2 8

views

+ 15

rating

I have an imported WSDL from SalesForce and I am trying to send a login-request to the SalesForce-servers via InterSystems. The login requires a username and a password in the body, and an organizationId in the header. I am having trouble filling the organizationId in the header.

Via SoapUI I can send a successfull message to the SalesForce-servers. The message should look like this:

Last answer 17 August 2017 Last comment 22 February 2019
0   0 2

views

rating