Announcements

Hi

I am working on a project that will interact with some software called ROS (Robot Operating System). One of the development challenges we have is as follows:

ROS uses web sockets... So one connect with ws://localhost:9090 to the web socket server.  It starts off as http, but then "upgrades" to web socket.  It then keeps open this "tunnel" for bi-directional communication..

I need something like a HTTP Outbound adapter, but the Web Socket version of it...

Does anyone have any experience in this area?

Nigel

Last reply 2 days ago
+ 3   1 5

views

+ 3

rating

Hi Community!

We want to invite you to join InterSystems Global Masters Advocacy Hub!

The Global Masters Advocacy Hub is our customer engagement platform where you will be invited to have some fun completing entertaining challenges, earning badges for the contribution to Developer Community, communicating with other advocates, and accumulating points which you can redeem for a variety of rewards and special honors.

Last reply 12 days ago
+ 5   2 40

views

+ 5

rating

There are several options how to deliver user interface(UI) for DeepSee BI solutions. The most common approaches are:

• use native DeepSee Dashboards, get web UI in Zen and deliver it in your web apps.
  • use DeepSee REST API, get and build your own UI widgets and dashboards.

The 1st approach is good because of the possibility to build BI dashboards without coding relatively fast, but you are limited with preset widgets library which is expandable but with a lot of development efforts.

The 2nd provides you the way to use any comprehensive js framework (D3, Highcharts, etc) to visualize your DeepSee data, but you need to code widgets and dashboards on your own.

Today I want to tell you about yet another approach which combines both listed above and provides Angular based web UI for DeepSee Dashboards -  DeepSee Web library.

Last reply 20 March 2020
+ 3   5 12

views

+ 3

rating

So, one day you're working away at WidgetsDirect, the leading supplier of widget and widget accessories, when your boss asks you to develop the new customer facing portal to allow the client base to access the next generation of Widgets..... and he wants you to use Angular 1.x to read into the department's Caché server.   

There's only one problem:  You've never used Angular, and don't know how to make it talk to Caché.

This guide is going to walk through the process of setting up a full Angular stack which communicates with a Caché backend using JSON over REST.  

Last reply 28 February 2020
+ 14   2 9

views

+ 14

rating

In this post I show strategies for backing up Caché using External Backup with examples of integrating with snapshot based solutions. The majority of solutions I see today are deployed on Linux on VMware so a lot of the post shows how solutions integrate VMware snapshot technology as examples.

Last reply 23 January 2020
+ 15   2 9

views

+ 15

rating

Does anyone NOT use a debugger? I can't remember the last time I did. It's not because I don't dislike them, I just don't need to use them. The main reason for this is because I have a certain development methodology that either produces less bugs, catches them at a unit test level, or makes tracking them down much easier.

Here are my tips...

1. Write your own COS cheat-sheet.

Last reply 30 December 2020
+ 17   4 6

views

+ 17

rating

In the first article I started discussing RESTForms - REST API for your persistent classes. We talked about basic features, now, I'd like to discuss advanced features - mainly queries capabilites:

• Basic queries
  • Query arguments
  • Custom queries

Queries

Queries allow getting slices of data, based on arbitrary criteria. There are two query types in RESTForms:

• Basic queries work for all RESTForms classes once defined and they differ only by the field list
  • Custom queries work only for the classes in which they are specified and available, but the developer has full access to query text
Last reply 20 December 2019
+ 3   1 6

views

+ 3

rating

Hi ,

I am stuck with unit  test failure with intersystem . In case of unit test failure, the build in jenkins is succeding while the build in jenkins should fail in case unit test failure .

In cache programming i am using %UnitTest.Manager class and DebugRunTestCase method within it. I'm able to link studio with jenkins. I wanna fail my build in jenkins, if any of the test cases fails. Could anyone help?

Last reply 13 December 2019
+ 1   0 3

views

+ 1

rating

Having developed systems using Caché ObjectScript and Ensemble on various projects over the last 4 - 5 years I'm considering trying for some certifications. I've found details of the Caché Systems Administrator and Caché Application Developer certifications but have a couple of questions:

1) Is there a certification for Ensemble Application Developer?

2) Are any sample questions and/or practice exams available?

Thanks

+ 3   0 2

views

+ 3

rating

Database systems have very specific backup requirements that in enterprise deployments require forethought and planning. For database systems, the operational goal of a backup solution is to create a copy of the data in a state that is equivalent to when application is shut down gracefully.  Application consistent backups meet these requirements and Caché provides a set of APIs that facilitate the integration with external solutions to achieve this level of backup consistency.

Last reply 19 November 2019
+ 1   1 4

views

+ 1

rating

In the previous article, I have demonstrated a simple way to record data changes. At this time I have changed the "Audit Abstract Class" which is responsible for recording audit data and the data structure where the audit log will be recorded.

I have changed the data structure to a parent and child structure where there will be two tables to record the "transaction" and the "fields its values" changed on that transaction.

Take a look at the new data model:

Last reply 13 November 2019
+ 6   1 8

views

+ 6

rating

This question is about calling AWS REST APIs. Based on:

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/sigv4_signing.html

AWS requires REST clients to call their APIs using Signature Version 4 which in case you don't know what I am talking about is a pain in the neck.  Here comes the question:

Has anybody, by any chance implemented the v4 signing alg. in COS? If yes, would she or he have the kind heart to share?

Thanks,

Chris

Last reply 21 October 2019
0   0 7

views

rating

APM normally focuses on the activity of the application but gathering information about system usage gives you important background information that helps understand and manage the performance of your application so I am including the IRIS History Monitor in this series.

In this article I will briefly describe how you start the IRIS or Caché History Monitor to build a record of the system level activity to go with the application activity and performance information you gather. I will also give examples of SQL to access the information.

Last reply 8 October 2019
+ 5   2 3

views

+ 5

rating

getting "The value of the property 'cspHttpServerMethod' is null or undefined, not a Function object" error while executing the csp page. All the server side methods stop working at this time although javascript functions still work but until the point where a server side method is getting called. Any clues why we get such error.

Last reply 7 August 2017
0   0 2

views

rating

Hi,

I create a WebService in Machine One, with some process, i tested this webservice with SOAPUI, worked.

After that i create a simple Business Operation, SOAP Adapter, based on WebClient created with SOAP Wizzard, the problem with that is on response var, i have empty var on my operation, somebody have some Ideas ? 

Last reply 25 September 2019
0   0 3

views

rating

This post is dedicated to the task of monitoring a Caché instance using SNMP. Some users of Caché are probably doing it already in some way or another. Monitoring via SNMP has been supported by the standard Caché package for a long time now, but not all the necessary parameters are available “out of the box”. For example, it would be nice to monitor the number of CSP sessions, get detailed information about the use of the license, particular KPI’s of the system being used and such. After reading this article, you will know how to add your parameters to Caché monitoring using SNMP.

Last reply 20 September 2019
+ 10   1 4

views

+ 10

rating

The Management Portal allows you to Export one or more globals to a file that you can then Import into that or another namespace.  However, the Management Portal can only be used to export entire globals.  For exporting selected nodes or subtrees within a global, a different utility is necessary.   This utility is the Export() classmethod in the %Library.Global class, which can export an entire global but also has the ability to export selected nodes or subtrees.

Last reply 5 September 2019
+ 7   0 6

views

+ 7

rating

The DeclarativeCOS project is a heartfelt cry about programming in the COS language.

The purpose of the project is to draw attention of the public to improving the inner core of COS.

The idea of the project is the support of a laconic syntax for cycles and collections.

So what is this laconic something that I have come up with? Welcome to the examples below!

Examples

The key concept underlying the project is the declarative approach to writing code. You need to specify WHAT should be used and HOW.

Last reply 3 September 2019
+ 6   0 7

views

+ 6

rating

It is with great pleasure that the CIUSSS de l'Estrie - CHUS is sharing the mocking framework it developed and presented at the InterSystems Summit 2017.  I will update this post with more detailed instructions in the next few weeks but I wanted to share the code and presentation quickly : 

https://gitlab.com/ciussse-drit-srd-public/Mocking-Framework

Last reply 26 August 2019
+ 9   0 7

views

+ 9

rating