InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,955 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

We are trying to get a custom header that I have added to a request to Cache, and I have seen the following in another post, however it doesn't work for us:

You can do it as in any CSP page/class. With %request, which is object of class %CSP.Request

And headers available in property CgiEnvs, where every http header appear with a prefix HTTP_

So, you may try this code.

0 4
0 1.2K

I bet that not everyone familiar with InterSystems Caché knows about Studio extensions for working with the source code. You can actually use the Studio to create your own type of source code, compile it into interpretable (INT) and object code, and sometimes even add code completion support. That is, theoretically, you can make the Studio support any programming language that will be executed by the DBMS just as well as Caché ObjectScript. In this article, I will give you a simple example of writing programs in Caché Studio using a language that resembles JavaScript. If you are interested, please read along.

12 6
6 1.2K
Article
· Mar 18, 2018 1m read
Replacing ZEN - Index to articles

Hi All
This is the index to a series of articles I hope to create over the coming months.

ZEN and ZEN Mojo are no longer being actively developed by Intesystems - this is a great shame as it is a fine product that works so well for business applications.
However ZEN is a 15 year old product and I need a path forward to replace the ZEN UI with a supported development framework.

This article is an index of the other articles I have, or plan to write. - the articles will be subject to change as I develop my thoughts and climb the learning curve.

12 5
1 1.2K

Hi,

I have a global that holds users name and date of birth.

I would like to loop through them and check if the date of birth is more than 2 years based on todays date

so I have ^checker("under2", "Eric David", "02-05-2018")

I want to check the birthdate based on todays date to see if it is greater than 2. How do I access the birthdate in the global

Please can you advice

I tried :

0 9
0 1.2K

In this series of articles, I'd like to present and discuss several possible approaches toward software development with InterSystems technologies and GitLab. I will cover such topics as:

• Git 101
  • Git flow (development process)
  • GitLab installation
  • GitLab Workflow
  • Continuous Delivery
  • GitLab installation and configuration
  • GitLab CI/CD
  • Why containers?
  • Containers infrastructure
  • CD using containers
  • CD using ICM

In this article, we'll build Continuous Delivery with InterSystems Cloud Manager. ICM is a cloud provisioning and deployment solution for applications based on InterSystems IRIS. It allows you to define the desired deployment configuration and ICM would provision it automatically. For more information take a look at First Look: ICM.

3 0
2 1.2K

Hello guys,

I want to be able to export a range of messages from my production (from within a specific date interval), but while digging into intersystems documentation, it isn't giving me any details on how to perform this task.

It teases me saying "Ensemble provides a Message Viewer page for HL7. You can use this page to display, transform, and export HL7 messages (either external files or messages from the Ensemble message archives).", but then there are no signs of further information.

0 2
0 1.2K

When using the JSON_OBJECT() function in Caché SQL on a %String property that contains JSON syntax, it converts the %String into a JSON object instead of escaping it as a string literal. How can I prevent this? (without ridiculous hacks like "add a space to the beginning of the value" as we don't always know which properties will contain these values and I certainly don't want to have to check for nulls and add/remove a space every single place this value is used in the application)

I don't want these strings automatically marshalled into JSON objects.

For example:

0 12
0 1.2K
Question
· Jul 4, 2018
$ZF(-100,..) issues

Hi, I found some issues with $ZF(-100) whilst replacing our old $ZF(-1) calls following the security alert. They're easy enough to work around, just figured it might be useful to someone :)

0 5
0 1.2K

I am trying to read some binary data from a local file or through socket.

The binary data is like H.264 codec, I need to read data BYTE by BYTE (even BIT by BIT) and decide the next step based on the data read so far.

I check the documentation and it seems like most of the sample focus on human readable IO, ie: LINE by LINE.

Could I achieve my goal through COS?

Thanks.

0 3
0 1.2K
Question
· Oct 30, 2018
ID vs %ID in tables

What is the difference between %ID and ID in a database table? Both seem to reference the same column labelled ID.

For context, I am trying to create a viewer class for an existing persistent class.

Let us call the persistent class A, with SqlTableName = OldA.

The viewer class will be B with SqlTableName = A and ViewQuery = {select %ID, <other fields> from <some other class with the same fields as A>}

0 1
0 1.1K
Question
· Feb 9, 2018
SQL prepare error

I'm trying to learn how To use SQL in CACHE, so I hope I don't bore you with "Dumb" questions....

I'm getting "ERROR #6022: Gateway failed" message following this line of code.

s sc=gc.Prepare(hstmt,pQuery) 

This line of code comes from an example I found in the documentation. pQuery is the "Select" statement setting up the variables and tables I'm trying to pull information from.

What does that error indicate?

Thank you.

0 5
0 1.1K
Question
· Feb 20, 2018
REST Data Limit

I'm experimenting with sending large amounts of data in a POST payload to be stored as a stream. However I've noticed that no matter how many characters are in the message, Cache only gets about 32k of them, cutting off the rest. Conversely as expected it can only send about 32k worth of characters in a payload.

Before I get creative, is there a REST message size limit that can be changed? Or is there something else going on here?

Thank you!

1 9
0 1.1K

Hi Guys,

I would to know, I have a drop down list items in my applications. While, am clicking on the drop down bx, there are few numbers of listed items, while am doing mouse over action, I should display the entire text of selected item from that drop down list box, even am not selecting that item. I would like to know about the what is exact text it contains in Zen framework.

If any lead would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

0 13
0 1.1K

Hello

I am writing a simple routing interface that picks up files from a share using File.InboundAdapter.

I am then using PassthroughService and passing it to a router.

The Router is using Ens.StreamContainer to then get the filename. I have then used contains to pick out part of the filename.

and then pass it to another simple passthrough operation to another share.

0 9
0 1.1K
Question
· Sep 6, 2018
parsing xml response

Hello!

I'm sending http resuest to the web service :

Set httpRequest=##class(%Net.HttpRequest).%New()
Set httpRequest.Server="177.127.120.10"
Set httpRequest.ContentType="text/xml"
Set httpRequest.Https=1
Set httpRequest.ContentCharset="UTF-8"
Do httpRequest.SetHeader("Accept","text/xml")
Set httpRequest.Timeout=300

0 13
0 1.1K

I am trying to use the automated unittest class for a %CSP.Rest service.

So my Unittest code set's %request and %response from %CSP.Req/resp respectively

I build a tProxy with the fields I need for the post and set it %ToJson... I have tried seting %request.Content = tProxy (and not)

I call the method for the post url directly...

When that method calls %fromJson to set an object with the info. I passed...

- when I don't set %request.content.. I get a error '5035 - premature end of data code 12'

0 7
2 1.1K
Question
· Feb 15, 2018
Retrieving REST Data

I'm sending data via ajax to my REST service, and while retrieving any information sent in the url parameter is easy when they're defined in the route, I can't get anything if I store information in the data parameter. For example:

$.ajax({
               url: "ServerURL",
               data: { "some": "json" } //How do I get this information?

I've looked at many common solutions such as here:

0 8
0 1.1K
InterSystems Official
· Jul 18, 2018
Caché and Ensemble 2018.1 Field Test Release

InterSystems is pleased to announce availability of a field test version of Caché and Ensemble 2018.1

These kits can be downloaded from the Field Test portal page.

There are hundreds of bug fixes, and several new features, including:

• Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) Integration
  • Support for Microsoft Integrated Windows Authentication for HTTP Connections
  • SSH Enhancements

All platforms are available, except Oracle Solaris 10, 11 for x86-64.

7 9
0 1.1K
Question
· Sep 10, 2018
OBX 5 and CRLF

Hello,

I have some issues trying to store a base64 encoded stream into the obx:5 segment.

I'm using the StoreFieldStreamBase64 method in my business process to store the stream into the segment.

I'm sending the hl7 message containing my stream to an ensemble business operation (EnsLib.HL7.Operation.FileOperation) to write the message on disk.

When i'm reading it with an ensemble business service, it can't parse the stream because it contains multiple CRLF.

Why is my business operation splitting my stream into multiple newlines ?

0 7
1 1.1K