InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 18,445 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hey Community,

We're pleased to invite all the developers to the upcoming InterSystems IRIS 2020.1 Tech Talk: Speed Under Pressure on July 14 at 10:00 AM EDT!

In this InterSystems IRIS 2020.1 Tech Talk, we'll learn about the open source Ingestion Speed Test. We will explain:

• the architecture of the ingestion speed test
  • how we are leveraging Docker containers to run it on our PCs
  • how we are leveraging InterSystems Cloud Manager to easily run it on AWS so we can compare InterSystems IRIS with other databases, such as AWS Aurora

After this Tech Talk, you'll be able to use the Ingestion Speed Test on InterSystems Open Exchange for your own testing and benchmarking.

2 1
1 361

Hey everyone.

I have a use case where I need to write files to a handful of locations, and 2-3 subfolders in each location.

My plan was to extend EnsLib.File.PassthroughOperation and then pass that operation the file and the subfolder details, and then have an operation per destination.

Has anyone done anything similar and can highlight any pitfalls I may be about to make?

0 3
0 240

The request terminology sync task is currently producing this error:

ERROR #6248: SOAP response is a SOAP fault: faultcode=wsse:FailedAuthentication
faultstring=The security token could not be authenticated or authorized
faultactor=
detail=

The task is running correctly on other edges. I checked the HS_Services password and its the same as on the other edges. Anyone has any thoughts as to what could be causing this and how I can fix it.

0 1
0 388

In Episode 12 of Data Points, we took a slightly different approach! Hear insights from three different guests — Jenny Ames, Gary Maggiolino, and Joey Moritz — about the creation of the all-new chat feature found on multiple InterSystems sites. You can see the chat bot in action on both the Getting Started site and all InterSystems IRIS or IRIS for Health pages on the InterSystems corporate site.

https://5e18edf067eb59-03854285.castos.com/player/212752
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 1
1 198

Hi Community!

Welcome the new video from Global Summit 2019 on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Reducing Readmissions with Machine Learning

https://www.youtube.com/embed/RtiBJy9ScXc
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 182

Imagine you want to see what InterSystems can give you in terms of data analytics. You studied the theory and now you want some practice. Fortunately, InterSystems provides a project that contains some good examples: Samples BI. Start with the README file, skipping anything associated with Docker, and go straight to the step-by-step installation. Launch a virtual instance, install IRIS there, follow the instructions for installing Samples BI, and then impress the boss with beautiful charts and tables. So far so good.

Inevitably, though, you’ll need to make changes.

4 1
1 1.1K

Hi everyone,

when I'm using the %JSONExport-function on Caché-Objects containing properties of type %integer, %numeric or %boolean, this properties are all automatically converted to Strings in the JSON-Output.

Is there a way to get around this type-cast?

Example:

Result with %JSONExport:

maxOrderable and maxReserveable are of type %integer, deliverable and assembly of type %boolean. All 4 properties are shown as quoted Strings.

0 11
0 463

I need to set and use some context variables in a transformation (written in DTL), but the code is manually written.

When writing the same as BPL I define context variables and they are visible in transformations called by that process.

In something like this my.DTLtransform sets HL7 message fields to values in context variables:

0 11
1 661

Running cache 5.0.21 64 bit on Windows server 2016 in virtual environment. Trying to understand why every single process disk read speed (simple sql data walks) caps around ~20MB/s, however 2 paralell such tasks on different data areas can reach 19MB/s each, four - 17MB/s each, that is 70MB/s total, etc. Also simple copy file to nul on that system reach ~400MB/s.

What can keep single query on idle system from reaching for example 200MB/s? Virtualization? Windows? Cache? Processors are below 1-3%

0 4
0 353

While I am not new to HL7, I am very new to Ensemble.

We have a request to change the order in which the Addenda segments are sent to the client. Right now, the global setting of the Lab system is to send the newest addenda at the top of the report, then the next oldest, and so on until we get to the final report:

OBX|1|||*****Addendum 3****
OBX|2|||text 3
OBX|3|||*****Addendum 2****
OBX|4|||text 2
OBX|5|||*****Addendum 1****
OBX|6|||text 1
OBX|7|||*****Final****
OBX|8|||final text

0 1
0 347

Hi, we are in the process of looking to refresh our ensemble/cache environments. Currently we are using windows iis web servers with aix database servers, has any one compared cache running under windows,linux or aix ?

0 5
0 409
Article
· Jun 25, 2020 12m read
Backport %JSON.* to Caché

Attention:

This is a coding example working on Caché 2018.1.3
It will not be kept in sync with new versions 
It is also NOT serviced by InterSystems Support !

Full backport from IRIS for Windows (x86-64) 2020.1 (Build 215U) Mon Mar 30 2020 20:14:33 EDT

IRIS brought us an excellent %JSON.Package
It is an essential component of the Project Manager (ZPM)
This backport makes it available also in Caché and builds a base to eventually backport also ZPM.

14 5
0 455

Hello,

We wonder how could we send an HL7 message to a service to test it.

For example, we have a service, at localhost port 19111

We have tried to use SoapUI to send a REST POST request as follows:

At the event log we see the following trace:

Then, if we try with POSTMAN as follows:

0 3
0 2.9K

Hey Developers,

We're pleased to invite you to the upcoming "Development of Interoperability Business Hosts with PEX in Java/.Net" webinar by InterSystems Russia on July 16 at 10:00 (UTC+3, Moscow time)!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ArSnkOthz8E

1 0
0 185
Question
· Jul 7, 2020
DTL vs. ObjectScript

As I've become a little more familiar with HealthShare, I'd like to start exploring different ways of doing things. To date, the bulk of my data transformations have been using DTL; only using ObjectScript for a few operations that write to external SQL tables that were largely based on examples provided by my sales engineer.

0 4
0 328

I would like to know if there is a way of having a callback or something similar, on persistent classes that is always called after the execution of the operation (failed or successfull).

%OnOpen is executed prior to the action, and there is no post callback

%OnAfterDelete and %OnAfterSave are executed after a successfull operation

0 8
0 252

I know that 1-1 relationships are not officialy supported by intersystems cache/iris so I want to know the best way to store data with this kind of data model.

Currently I have two classes that where implemented some time ago:

Table A with a relationship type one on table B

Table B with a relationship type one on table A

To compile I have a double compile with qualifyer U.

What is the best way to implement a data model with 1-1 relationships?

Thank you

0 6
0 532