InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,763 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Article
· Feb 27, 2022 2m read
Dash-Python-IRIS

We are happy to share interesting information with you, as well as tell you why Python is good, where it is used.

Among the most used libraries are NumPy and Pandas. NumPy (Numerical Python) is used to sort large datasets. It simplifies mathematical operations and their vectorization on arrays. Pandas offers two data structures: Series (a list of elements) and Data Frames (a table with multiple columns). This library converts data into a Data Frame, allowing you to remove and add new columns, as well as perform various operations.

4 1
2 511
Announcement
· Feb 28, 2022
VS Code Day 2022

Coming up on Thursday March 3rd, VS Code Day 2022, the second official Visual Studio Code event from Microsoft.

Join the Visual Studio Code team and community at a live event just for VS Code users. Get a glimpse of things to come and meet the team who works on VS Code every day.

Starts 8am PST and runs for 90 minutes.

https://code.visualstudio.com/vscode-day/

0 0
0 354

Hello,

The title says it all. I’m building an IRIS image with docker-compose using a separate Dockerfile. Pretty straightforward procedure: I import a Installer script inside the container containing a Installer Manifest I defined. Within the manifest, I create a namespace with code and data databases in separate locations. My intention is to keep the code database inside the container, so whenever I build the container, the imported code is replaced. The data, however, should be persistent.

1 5
0 264
Question
· Apr 14, 2021
Java Connection Strategy

We are planning to build a REST API with the Java Quarkus Framework.

• There'll be a connection pool;
  • The DataSource instance will be automatically injected from the connection pool;
  • We will use JDBI to do SQL instructions and this will give us automatic Connection and Statement management;

This Caché instance already have COS applications running and consuming connections and licenses.

After doing this, we will migrate to IRIS.

0 1
0 320
Article
· Nov 26, 2019 3m read
Designing valid hierarchies in DeepSee

When designing a hierarchy in DeepSee, a child member must have only one parent member. In the case where a child corresponds to two parents, the results can become unreliable. In the case where two similar members exist, their keys must be changed so that they are unique. We will take a look at two examples to see when this happens and how to prevent it.

5 1
0 679

Hello All,

I am looking for some ideas from people who have automated alerting in place for their Ensemble or IRIS productions.

I want to start with basic things like, simply checking if a Production is up and running. Once this has been achived, I am looking to go deeper and implement monitoring on each interface level for things like, Queue Size, Errors and Inactivity.

1 3
1 329

Found one interesting behaviour in one system with Ensemble. Some Request class has a property with type %XML.CharacterStream by design, this class is the heaviest request in the system, and with profiling journal files, it got about 40% of the file. When I counted all the sizes of such streams per one day and found that the real stored data is three times less.

1 3
0 330

Hi Community,

I have created global with below values , now I want to iterate programatically.

^Book("Auto1","Properties","Color")="Red"
^Book("Auto1","Properties","Color1")="Yellow"
^Book("Auto1","Properties","Model")="SUV"
^Book("Auto2","Owner")="Prashanth"
^Book("Auto2","Properties","Color")="Green"
^Book("Color")="Red"
^Book("Color1")="Red"

i have used below method but only printing last2 elements properly

3 4
0 375