I am currently evaluating Source Control systems that we can use for both MS SQL, MS Visual Studio, and InterSystems IRIS. For both MS SQL and MS Visual Studio we do have the option of either Azure or GitHub. I understand when we upgrade to IRIS 2019.1 we have options for Source Control, and in previous Global Summit's I have heard GitHub discussed. So why can't I user GitHub for both MS SQL/MS Visual Studio and IRIS?

A couple of questions come to mind starting to think about Source Control

0 7
1 1.5K

Hi all,

I added an additional shard node to an existing shard by accident.

After the add, it can not be removed and query from the master shard now fails. I did not find any data from shard master in the shard node.

How to recover it and remove the shard node from the shard master?

Thanks.

0 2
0 186
Question
· Dec 23, 2020
Global ^Errors growing fast

Hello guys.

Can anyone help me about Global ^Errors? Only in 1 specific namespace is it growing fastly. It grows from 2 to 3 Gb per hour when all services are active. Which commands exactly do this? In another similar namespaces, there is not that Global in the class list.

Thanks.

0 4
0 266

Hello,

I am trying to use %ZEN.proxyObject to send out in JSON format so I do:

set tProxyRequest = ##class(%ZEN.proxyObject).%New()
set tProxyRequest.notanumber = "28001"
set tProxyRequest.aboolean = "true"

set tBody = ##class(%GlobalCharacterStream).%New()
do ##class(Ens.Util.JSON).ObjectToJSONStream(tProxyRequest,.tBody,"aelotwu")
w tBody.Read()

and I get:

0 10
0 1.4K

I have a case where I need to look up the NPI provider against an External MS SQL database to retrieve our Provider Identifier to send to a downstream system. In the past I would use a Business Process (BPL) to connect to the outside MS SQL via JDBC and get that information for me. But I was thinking instead of creating a BPL process to do this, would it be better just to link to the outside MS SQL database table to retrieve the information in a SQL statement within a DTL?

0 3
0 270

Languages like Java and C++ allows to develop a multi-threaded program with two or more parts that can run concurrently and each part can handle a different task at the same time making optimal use of the available resources specially when your computer has multiple CPUs. Is it possible In ObjectScript? If yes, Where I can get a good sample or application?

1 5
0 683

Hi everyone,

I'm creating something to test the Analytics capabilities.

I have a table with 100k records. Consulting the data using ^%G or SELECT, everything is working fine.

But, when I create a Cube using this same class as Source, the Build results in only 1 fact.

I would like to know if anyone else faces the same situation before and have some guidance.

Some details:

1 6
0 233

Hello,

We are working with a vendor who only accepts JSON as payload. We are currently still on Cache/HealthShare, not IRIS. Since we have to send Continuity of Care Documents, this raises issues with Long Strings (some CCDs can be quite large and in addition to that, they have to be b64-encoded which increases their size even more).

My question is: if we were to go on IRIS and use %JSON.Adapter, storing the encoded Stream in an object's Stream property, would calling %JSONExport() on this object produce the desired JSON? Or would we have to call %JSONExportToStream()?

0 3
0 567

Hello,

I'm testing IRIS 2020.4 Preview with preview key.

I've access to the management portal but I can't connect with Studio.

This is my docker-command : docker run --name my-iris --detach --publish 9091:51773 --publish 9092:52773 --volume C:\Docker\iris_external:/external –-volume C:\Docker\iris_durable:/durable –-env ISC_DATA_DIRECTORY=/durable/irissys containers.intersystems.com/intersystems/iris:2020.4.0.524.0 --key /external/iris.key --password-file /external/password.txt

I notice that Caché Direct is disabled by the license.

0 2
0 335

Anyone know if it's possible using cache objectscript (or something else maybe) to reference an object property using a variable? For example:

s obj={}

s obj.prop1="hello"

s var="prop1"

w obj.var <== which would result in a reference to obj.prop1 and write out "hello"

0 7
0 299

We are trying to convert some of our SQL Service Integration Service jobs from Visual Studio to Ensemble. If we execute a Stored Procedure within SQL Server Management Studio it is returning approx 12,000 rows. However when Ensemble executes the same Stored Procedure it is only returning 250 rows.

Is there a limitation to EnsLib.SQL.Snapshot?

This is how we are calling the Stored procedure

0 4
0 800
Question
· Dec 9, 2020
Code migration using VSCode

I am fairly new to using VSCode. I have used VSCode to create some files on our Test Server, now I need to move them to Production.

Looking through the VSCode extension documentation, maybe I missed it but how to I migrate code from one workspace to another. In Studio I was use to exporting the code into an XML and just being able to import it on the Production server version of Studio.

Thanks

Scott

0 9
0 619