I am having a problem when using atelier on my instance, which I just synched from perforce on latest and then did a built

I am getting the error
ERROR #5880: Unable to create source control class: %Studio.SourceControl.ISC [zSourceControlCreate+17^%Studio.SourceControl.Interface.1:%SYS]

every time I want to open any class or routine from %SYS namespace in the Server tab.

Did someone had the same issue?

Mario

2 5
0 464

Hello

During some consultant activity I did at a client's I have discovered something very interesting. It seems like the current processing cycle as written in ObjectScript has trouble utilizing an SSD-based storage machine with five-digit IOPS.

2 6
0 2.4K

I'm pleased to see the new Source Control menu in the recent 1.0.165 build. This gives me access to the features of the same server-side source control class as Studio has always supported. It is particularly relevant for our Deltanji source control tool.

Our class makes use of CSP to serve up some dialogs through which the user controls the source control operation. Two observations so far:

1. In Atelier the window you display our CSPs isn't resizable. In Studio it is.

2 1
0 281

NewBie's Corner Session 2 Variables Set and Write commands

Welcome to NewBie's Corner, a weekly or biweekly post covering basic Caché Material.

Session 2 – Click on the Caché Cube in your system tray and select Terminal to try out the commands.

Variables

Like other computer programming languages, Caché uses Variables and the values they represent to control programming. Variables are elements that represent data values. Manipulating and interrogating variables is at the root of programming.

2 0
0 350

Hello, our customer, large industrial company, is considering modernizing their old CSP application so it can run on multiple client device types, using responsive design.

They have a lot of experience with CSP and some ZEN.

They are new to REST and have some limited knowledge of javascript - perhaps not enough to the extent used by client framework.

Does anyone have a framework or a set of templates that you would be willing to share?

Thank you!

Dan Kutac

2 7
0 736
Article
· May 13, 2016 1m read
mySQL data importer tool

Hi,

If you want to import data from a mySQL export file (exported with mysqldump), you will find here a little script that could help.

Only the INSERT commands in the sql file are executed into Caché. Indices are not computed for better performance.
%NOINDEX, %NOCHECK and %NOLOCK are generated on each INSERT line.

Currently, the file can not contain a "),(" pattern inside the values part of the INSERT command. If this is the case, the line is skipped. This feature may be implemented in the extractValuesList method.

2 3
0 518

Hi,

I'm posting this for the benefit of others. Not often one changes certificates in Cache, at least in my case. I run a system, that uses certificates to encrypt SOAP messages, and since the last time I ran it, my certificates expired.

So I renewed them using our PKI tool, so far so good. I gave all (3) certificates the same names (and filenames too) as to those expired, thinking that everything would just work fine next time I call the SOAP service.

Unfortunately, I got trapped.

2 0
0 600

Hello,

For CachéQuality I'd love to be able to create issues when the programmer uses classes which are deprecated for this or that version of Caché... But short of reading all the changelogs of all versions, I can't really tell when a command appeared (for instance RETURN; I know now that it appeared in 2014.x, but it took me some time to realize that), or when a (set of) class(es) became deprecated (for instance %GlobalCharacterStream to be replaced with %Stream.GlobalCharacter -- I don't even know since which version this is true :/).

2 2
0 325

Hello!

Link: https://demo.cachequality.com

In this presentation, developer oriented, we will cover this tool, how it works, how you can use it/administer it, etc. Duration 30 minutes.

The topics will include:

• a short presentation of Caché Quality and SonarQube (which this plugin uses),
  • a demonstration of the rules and how to tailor them to your need.

Questions will be more than welcome! Hope to see you there!

And a big thanks to Evgeny Shvarov who made this possible!

2 0
0 613

InSync is an application currently under development by InterSystems, primarily using Ensemble, as a mixed CSP/Zen web application. There's a lot of defunct legacy code in the code base and we're actively seeking it out and trimming the deadwood out.

2 2
0 377
Article
· Apr 4, 2016 1m read
2015.2.3 Maintenance Release

I am pleased to announce that Caché and Ensemble 2015.2.3 are now available as maintenance releases.
For a complete list of the corrections in 2015.2.3, please review the release notes.

Caché and Ensemble 2015.2.3 are available now for the same platforms as 2015.2.2

The complete set of supported platforms, including specific point releases and/or patches, is detailed in the Supported Platforms document.

2 0
0 521

Hi

I have been experimenting with the creation of a set of REST services for an app. The basic GET operation is set to create a %ZEN.proxyObject instance, and then set an instance of a Persistant class as a property, which gives me all of the values I want to return. However, it also gives me some values that I don't want to return over REST (because they are both private, and large registered objects which will bog down performance)

2 3
0 454

In Atelier when resolving conflicts with the server the screen shows the Local copy and Server copy and the differences, but depending on where the difference is you cannot tell what what the document is, you need to scroll to the top to see what it is before deciding what to do. It should indicate the class or routine name beside "Conflicting Server documents"

2 3
0 279
Question
· Mar 17, 2016
Atelier Debugging

I am trying to debug a class on Atelier and it is not stopping at the defined breakpoint.

Atelier IDE Version: 1.0.107 - Cloud Connection

I have already taken a look at the Community´s Atelier Debugging Video and followed the steps without success.

Can anybody help me on that?

Tks.

2 3
0 382
Article
· Mar 14, 2016 3m read
Source control and the production class

When you create an Ensemble production your namespace acquires a new class definition. For example here is what the class that defines the Demo.Loan.BankUSProduction production in the ENSDEMO namespace looks like when opened in Studio:

2 3
0 668

The DeepSee Shell Best Practices Series - Example of using the MDX subquery flag in the DeepSee Shell

We have different flags for DeepSee advisors to look into the execution details and the methods DeepSee is using to do calculations.

flag [flagname] [on|off] – Turn a diagnostic on or off.

flag cmbr on|off – Show current member processing.

flag compound on|off – Show rewrite of compound queries.

2 0
0 438