Discussion
Ben Spead · May 3

Suggestions Sought for AppServices at Global Summit 2022 Tech Exchange

This year at Global Summit we will have several members of the InterSystems internal applications team (AppServices) on site to present topics of interest to developers.  There will be General Sessions that we teach on a number of topics related to tools we're launching to the OEX, knowledge gained based on migrating our Caché app portfolio to InterSystems IRIS, best practices for following OWASP Top 10 with ObjectScript, and a survey of the application landscape offering services to our customers and prospects.  

As AppServices is in charge of 'eating our own dogfood' within ISC by using InterSystems IRIS to create our own internal and customer-facing apps and services, we are always keen to know what topics are of interest to our community of follow ObjectScript developers around the world.  When we're not presenting during the General Sessions, we will be in the Tech Exchange and available for one on one discussions or demo's.  

For those of you planning to attend Global Summit 2022 (which I hope is many of you!), what do you want to talk about and what do you want to see in the Tech Exchange?  If we know topics in advance we may be able to prepare some interesting demo's.  Of course, we are happy to handle questions on the fly as well!  Suggestions for topics may also find themselves back on the Developer Community as articles in the future ;)

0 65
Discussion (9)2

I will not be present, but my main interest is and ever was
Distributed Code and Version Management in a World Wide Scope  
I experienced it in personal practice and was always impressed how well that worked.

Thanks Robert!  Are you referring to how we use CCR for global dev collaboration and deployment?  or do you have something else in mind when you say you experienced it?

Exactly! 
I just was not sure about the abbreviation.  

cool!  we're always happy to talk about how we streamline things so prevent manual tasks amd crises for our developers and maximize their actual time writing clean and effective code :)

Yuri ... can you be more specific please?  that is a pretty broad topic which can mean a lot of different things to different people.  What specifically would you be interested in discussing?

Step by test for: 1 dev into vscode, 2 push to git, 3 run on jenkins or gitlab, 4 fire build, 5 fire unit tests, 6 if pass promote to prod, 7 if fail report for email or bug defect, 7 show monitoring on sam, 8 scan code with code quality

Okay - we'd be happy to discuss the progression and tools we use to do this within AppServices!  Stop by the table and we can dig into as much as you'd like to know :)