What is the correct way to write embedded SQL that will use a Like operator and local variable. Ex How can a sql query return the IDs of all rows where LastName has the substring "Doe"?

Set nameToFind="Doe". The below does not work.

&sql(Select ID from myTable where LastName like '%:nameToFind%')

Simple enough but this syntax is tricky!!

0 3
0 3.8K

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way I can change the GUID of an instance. The use case is that I am restoring from a backup on an alternate host and start the instance there. However, the restored instance ends up with same GUID as that of source. Is there a way I can tell this newly restored instance to use a different GUID?

Thanks,

Raghu

0 19
0 700

Hi I'm hoping the community will once more help me out with a question!

Right I have a production that takes an attachment from an email and processes it, sending out a hl7 message at the end. This works ok.

Now I just need to take the email and send it back out to a 'backup' email address, basically giving
a) A backup incase there is a problem with the email or something else further down the line.
b) A log of the emails receieved.

So I thought the best thing to do is have an operation with an email adapter and to send that my message.

0 6
0 732
Question
· Apr 26, 2017
Restore Database issue

Hi Everybody,

I'm trying to restore database to a 2016.2.2.853 caché version but i've some problems ...

Into my backup file, i've 6 namespaces. After use the Do ^DBREST and configure all namespace into the portal, I can only reach 2 of 6.

when I write zn "blabla" into the terminal, i've got this error message :

ZN "blabla"
^
<DIRECTORY> *r:\data\blabla

Of course, Database and namespace are correctly define.

0 3
0 1K
Question
· Apr 24, 2017
Atelier and TFS

Has anyone begun working with Atelier and TFS for source control?

If so, experiences to share?

Thx!

0 1
0 424

Folks

1) What's the correct way to check for an existence of a segment? So far I have been doing this by checking to see if a required field is non-null, and this seems to work but is a bit clumsy. In this case, it’s an X12 message being checked in an IF action in BPL:

request.GetValueAt("NTE(1):Description")'=""

Or in a DTL, to see if a Z segment exists:

source.{ZEF:Counter}=1

0 3
0 1.3K
Question
· Apr 11, 2017
Authentication with REST

We are building a bunch of rest based services using Ens 2016.2 to serve our browser based application (Angular 4).

Two questions:

1. The initial authentication seems only work if credentials are placed in the url parameters. Trying to use the Authorization header instead, the client code immediately complains about Access-Control-Allow-Origin. How can I resolve this?

2. After initial authentication, what is the proper way to send subsequent rest calls without having to include credential every time?

2 7
0 2.6K

WebSockets look to be supported reasonably well in Cache. I have yet to use them in production so I am wondering how well it has worked for other developers.

In particular what happens when the browser does not support WebSockets, or when a firewall blocks the connection.

Have you had to write your own long polling fall-back?

I've read the documentation and found this interesting article...

https://community.intersystems.com/post/asynchronous-websockets-quick-tutorial

0 15
0 11.3K

Hi,

We have a application developed in CSP and JS. Is there any way to make this application available in multiple language like Spanish etc.

We are ready to re-write the code in Zen also if it supports that feature.

Could any one of you please assist/advice a Solution to reach the required goal using Cache technologies, it will be a great help if someone has any sample code for the same.

Thanks

Paras

0 7
0 410