As we've all heard 2016.2 draws near and brings the removal of system methods with it.
There are two ways to make the code compatible with 2016.2:
- Replace system methods with new methods
- Replace system methods with macros
From the point of automatic conversion the options above can be expressed like this:
- Replace .$<lowercase letter> with .%<uppercase letter>
- Replace .$ with .$$$
Both of these options are more then achievable with Regexp, but before I write my own system methods remover, I thought if maybe someone had already done it and can share the code?
Currently I see the tool working like this:
- Receive class list from user
- Resolve it (do we have a method for this?)
- For each class
- Get class text
- Do Regexp replace as described above
- Compile class list
Any other ideas?