Announcement
· Dec 10, 2015
Welcome to the DeepSee Group

Welcome to the DeepSee Group.

The Developer Communty has a lot of DeepSee content including all the DeepSee documentation and over 50 videos.

Please use the Developer Community to asks questions, share your experience, and learn more about DeepSee.

I look forward to your participaton in the DeepSee Group of the InterSystems Developer Community.

Joe Gallant

Senior Product Manager

1 0
0 230
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,893 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

I tried to rate a post (clicking on the 5th star) and it didn't seem to have any impact (there is no visual feedback and when I move the mouse away the stars are all still unlit). I am trying in Chrome - is this a general issue or just something that is not working for me?

5 2
0 184

It will be good if outside links in posts can open in new browser window, so you don't leave community page when you click on link. My second comment is if user doesn't upload his profile picture maybe you should use some default picture. Currently it looks like broken picture link.

1 2
0 185
Article
· Dec 8, 2015
Email update formatting

Can we please get a 1 for 1 email option for posts on threads we're subscribed to? Right now it seems to only be set up for Digest which means there is a lot of header information about the contents of the Digest, etc.

4 5
0 235
Article
· Dec 7, 2015
Welcome everyone!

Welcome to the Learning Services Community. Learning Services includes product training and related material, documentation, videos and online learning. We're in the process or organizing our material to provide you with "learning paths" for topics that you might want to explore, develop new skills, or achieve certification as an expert. This will you learn about our products anywhere, anytime and at your convenience.

3 1
0 187
Article
· Dec 7, 2015 4m read
Source Control Hooks and Atelier

So another topic that has been of interest to a number of people since the beta was put up last week is in regard to Studio Hooks and Atelier. This requires a bit of background and then some discussion of how the architecture of Atelier necessitates some changes and then what our current thinking on the subject is.

3 12
0 1.2K
Article
· Dec 4, 2015 3m read
Atelier Beta Cloud Infrastructure

A few people wrote to me asking about the infrastructure behind the Atelier Server implementation. Its neat and a worthwhile story to share so I am writing it up here as a post on the community. I want to go in to a little detail on why it was needed and then I will outline in detail how we went about implementing this.

10 24
0 1K

A client stated to me that they are trying to eliminate SMTP servers from their network and want all email to be sent through their Microsoft Exchange Server. Admittedly I am not very knowledgable of the workings of Exchange Server.

Are there customers sending email notifications through Exchange Server? How is this accomplished? Does Exchange Server act as a SMTP server allowing use of the Email adapter or is there some other mechanism that must be used to communicate with a Microsoft Exchange Server?

0 2
0 520
Article
· Dec 2, 2015
Formatting the post

There is any mean to use different fonts? For example "Courier New" for code text, or different colors? To work only with HTML is too hard

1 1
0 153

Currently descriptions of community are truncated based on character count (seems like 88), truncating even by word.

That looks not good (see attached image).

There could be character limit in community description field, or we can truncate by word, not by character.

1 2
0 211

Hello-

I am working on an Ensemble demonstration that involves workflow. Over the course of testing I have cleared out the Ensemble message store several times. This has left several workflow tasks that no longer can be assigned, accepted or rejected.

How do I clear the Workflow Tasklist which is found by going to Ensemble -> Manage -> Workflow -> Workflow Tasks in the Ensemble Management Portal?

Thanks in advance

Ken

0 1
0 213

Hi -

I need an example of what I need to "map" to have a common dashboard defined so it will visible/usable in multiple namespaces.

I have created a dashboard in "SAMPLES" (namespace and database) and I would like to have this dashboard be accessable/useable from a 2nd namespace, but I'm not having any success in doing mappings (global/package/routine/data) to be able to get DeepSee to be able to see/display the dashboard.

What is the minimum that I need to map?

0 4
0 362
Article
· Nov 19, 2015 1m read
Disk and storage design considerations

There are many storage technologies available today from various vendors. The storage technology and configuration best for your application depends on the application access patterns and workloads.

The attached document discusses the various design considerations and recommendations for various technologies. This guide is to help you during discussions with your storage vendor to determine the appropriate storage technologies and products that will work best to meet the performance goals for your applications.

7 3
0 520
Question
· Nov 11, 2015
Linux provider change question

Hi -

If you have Cache installed on a Cent OS machine, and you want to switch the OS to Red Hat 7, and your Caché is installed on a non-OS drive, do you need to reinstall Caché?

I don't think so, but I wanted to check

0 2
0 339
Question
· Nov 10, 2015
Dashboard Branding...

Hello DeepSee'ers -

How hard is it to brand a dashboard to a login?

The situation is, I have a Partner that is looking to create common Dashboards in a SaaS model where the Partner's Clients would want to have their individual views of this common dashbaord be branded (logos, color, styles, etc.) to match the Client's branding. This my Partner's Client's End Users will see this common dashboard as the dashboard from the "Client" and not the "Partner" (and certainly not ISC branding)

ie. ISC -> Partner -> Client -> End User

0 2
1 280
Article
· Nov 9, 2015
Subscribing to posts?

How do I subscribe to a post? I would like to get email notifications when a comment is made on a post.

Not only posts that I created, but also posts from others that I am lurking on (have not commented on )

is this possible?

1 1
0 110

The attached code package provides a simple implementation of a web service client that utilizes the USPS Shipping API to normalize an address.

This code requires the developer to obtain a USPS Shipping API user ID which can be obtained from the USPS shipping API website. The assigned User Id can either be passed into the web service call as a parameter or can be coded as a parameter into the Request object.

2 1
0 409