InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,845 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

I was hoping for some input on the best way to deploy code to site with the following criteria:

- No source code, only compiled code to be deployed.
- Classes and Routines are part of the application.
- Data and code reside in the same database.
- Deployments might be partial updates (i.e. cannot just send a complete CACHE.DAT).

At present the idea is just to export the .obj, any suggestions?

0 2
0 365

With the recent release of macOS 10.15, Apple has tightened its control mechanism , called Gatekeeper, so that it now requires executables to be notarized. InterSystems products are not currently supported for use on macOS 10.15 and the executables have not been notarized. (As a reminder, InterSystems products are supported on macOS as a development platform only.)

2 0
0 436

Hi Developers,

New Coding Talk, recorded by @Evgeny Shvarov, is available on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

🎯 Creating REST API with InterSystems IRIS, ObjectScript and Docker

https://www.youtube.com/embed/5_R7dLKLbS8
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
1 452

Hi all,

This might be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

My goal is to write a scss file, pack it as part of a local library (Something like my_library.tgz), npm install that library into a different project and then import that scss file in one of the scss files in the new project.

Simply having the scss file exist in the library before I pack it didn't seem to work; the file wasn't under node modules after the npm install. Am I doing something wrong, or are there extra steps I have to take?

Thanks in advance.

0 5
0 5.3K
Question
· Oct 16, 2019
Ensemble dynamic archive path

Hello,

Is there an elegant way to define a dynamic "Archive path" for EnsLib.File.InboundAdapter ?

What i mean is to have a sub-folders structure (under the root archive path) with a name similar to: yyyymmdd
This way the adapter "could" store the files on those sub-folders (and create a new one for the 1st file for a specific date).

When a production is processing hundreds of thousands of files every day, we might end up with an archive with huge number of files (many millions) which is then hard to handle (read, search) especially on Windows O/S.

1 1
1 317

I am integrating with Front End using ODBC to the Caché tables.

I have a property of type %Library.Time in one of the Caché classes FrontEnd which is in C#, it is not possible in C# to represent only a Time type, it always has a date as well (DateTime type, no Time only in C#), but that is fine, should not be a problem, so for Time the date simply defaults to 1900/01/01.

Now when this is sent to Caché it does not like it and I would like to understand why because this is causing us not to be able to use a Caché property of type TIME ever.

0 3
0 492

Hello,
I am currently trying to create a namespace and I keep receiving error #197 when I try to create the database for it. My OS is Coentos 7.7, my cache version is 2016.2.3.903.6.18300 and here is a screenshot of the error.

0 2
0 260

InterSystems Data Platforms products allow you to export and import security settings in two different ways.

This article talks about those options:
- On the command line, using ^SECURITY
- Programmatically, using the Export and Import methods of classes in the Security package

Exporting settings on the command line (^SECURITY)

You can export everything or individual sections of the security settings.

4 4
0 1.9K
Question
· Oct 15, 2019
Graphql API using Fhir

Hi,

I am new to fhir framework, I have searched articles to write graphql API using FHIR i did not get any proper tutorial for this. I need to find better tutorial or articles for this. I have written API using graphql, typescript with mongodb. Can some one tell why we need resourcetype, identifier in fhir.

Also i have tried github code based on fhir using javascript. The source code i got from "https://github.com/Asymmetrik/graphql-fhir" here i tried to save patient informations

0 2
0 577

I am currently evaluating Source Control systems that we can use for both MS SQL, MS Visual Studio, and InterSystems IRIS. For both MS SQL and MS Visual Studio we do have the option of either Azure or GitHub. I understand when we upgrade to IRIS 2019.1 we have options for Source Control, and in previous Global Summit's I have heard GitHub discussed. So why can't I user GitHub for both MS SQL/MS Visual Studio and IRIS?

A couple of questions come to mind starting to think about Source Control

0 7
1 1.5K

I'm trying to create a new Record Map but I keep getting a ZEN Exception error. I actually go this to work the very first time I did it and have a record map. But I need to do more.

I'm working on my local machine so I can grab a CSV (or txt in this case as it's pipe delimited) from the local directory. I pick the file I want to use but when I click OK i get a popup and the following error:

0 1
0 331

I am reading the following code in ObjectScript:

GitHub repository

And there is a sentence which I am facing difficulties to understand:

kill ^OPNLib.Game.CWLF(..World)

I know that kill removes variables, OPNLib.Game are the package and subpackage, and ..World is a property. However what does CWLF mean?

You could think that it is the class' name, but it is:

0 2
0 182

Wondering if there is a limit on max number of rules you can have in a single router? For outbound ADT we are approaching 60. From performance standpoint is it worthwhile to create a new router component and the service sending the same inbound message to 2 processes?

0 4
0 269
Question
· Oct 12, 2019
How do you search with REST

The question is pretty much in title. I'm developing a REST API, it has a search endpoint with 10 optional parameters. How do I pass them and stay RESTFul?

To ease the question a bit let's agree that:

• all parameters are AND parameters, user can't make combos, ORs, etc. User can only provide values
  • all values are integers so I don't have to think about URL limits
  • all values are atomic
  • all conditions are about equivalency

Some options I know of:

1. URL parameters.

0 9
0 2.7K

Hi,

NodeJs(v0.10.0) to Intersystems Cache2014( using cache0100.node) network connection Not working .

This is error msg i'm getting

"{ ErrorMessage: 'Error loading Cache Library: _SYSTEMcache.dll; Error Code : 126 (The specified module could not be found.)',
ErrorCode: 1009,
ok: 0 } "

My Code ->

user.open({ip_address:"127.0.0.1",tcp_port:57772,username: "_SYSTEM",password: "SYS",namespace: "USER"},function(err,res){

console.log("Error : ",err);console.log("Result : ",res);

if(!err){

0 8
0 271