InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,854 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

We've been tasked with developing a file upload module as part of our wider system, storing scanned documents against a patients profile. Our Intersystems manager suggested storing those files in the DB as streams would be the best approach and it sounded like a solid idea, it can be encrypted, complex indexes, optimized for large files and so on. However the stake holder questioned why would we want to do that over storing them in windows folders and that putting it in the DB was nuts.

2 25
2 1K

Hello Community,

I am still pretty new to Ensemble, Cashé, or ObjectScript. My question is this how can I tell when a file was finished and read fully? Currently, I have an EnsLib.FilePassthroughService reads a file from a designated file path and moves it to an archive file path. I need to set up an alert or a notification that can tell me once the file has been read in its entirety and has been moved out of its current file path.

0 3
0 199

I have a few Radio buttons, some of which have to have the same value. I need to know which one the user have selected, so I am using text, however it does not work well so far.

Example:
I have 4 Radio buttons: Apple, Pear, Lemon and Orange, with values: Apple, Pear have Value 1, and Lemon and Orange have Value of 2
(this unfortunatelly cannot be changed for this particular application)

I need to figure out that the user picked specifically Apple, so I am using text as follows:

0 5
0 157

Hello communty.

I searched a way to transform a HL7 Message to Persistent. I found a way how to create Data Transformation from Mangment Portal -> Data Transformation Interface. But my task is to create somthing similar to that tool in my web site interface. And the question is: Is There way to create something like new instance of Data Transformation class " Ens.DataTransformDTL" using object script?

Thank you!

0 2
0 191
Question
· Apr 2, 2022
Subscript with double quoted

Hi Team,

I would like to save the array subscript with in double quotes

eg sub1=111,sub2=444 (these values are dynamic)

set array(sub1,sub2)=""

It will be saved as array(111,444)=""

but I want to save it as array("111","444")=""

I am trying to save it from the class like """"_sub1_"""" but its not displaying as expected.

Kindly do the need full.

Thanks in Advance

0 11
0 312
Question
· Mar 21, 2022
Available space in a DB

When we run data purges in a namespace, the size and space of the DB does not change. I assume like Oracle it leaves white space that is usable by cache, but is there a way to see how much of this space is available? Today I increased the size of the disk available to the system as we were reaching critical low disk space, however, with the purges, we should have several hundred GB of available space inside the database to use. And is it safe to allow the system to run out of available disk space, as long as there is enough free space in the DB for writing data?

0 6
0 588

Hi There,

We are upgrading from Cache to IRIS this weekend and I was curious what version of IRIS I need to download. Once our system is live on IRIS, I will no longer be able to use Ensemble. If anyone knows the version of IRIS and could pass that along to me, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

0 1
0 277

Hi Team,

We are facing an issue connecting to a remote Cache DB server using CacheODBC 2018 on the client side.

The connection works fine without SSL on the Cache server, but when SSL is enabled, we are getting the below error - "Failed to load cconnect executable!, SQL state 08S01 in SQLConnect"

Also, the connection works fine when the PHP script is run through CLI on client server, but fails with the above error when the script invoked from a client browser.

Could you please help us with any pointers in resolving the issue?

0 0
0 156

Hi Developers !

Welcome to our 🏆1st InterSystems Portuguese Tech Article Contest 🏆

Write an article about any topic related to InterSystems technologies from March 14 to April 14, 2022.

We're excited about your participation. Join now!

Build up a team and join sending the article made by the team. There will be a bonus for articles made by teams.

Prizes for everybody: All participants will receive a special prize!

3 2
0 188

Good morning,

We would appreciate your support:

Developing an integration to perform a "Query / Retrieve" circuit with DICOM medical imaging studies, we would need the following:

Options of invocation of the DICOM TCP service that has been published for this integration, alternatives to the command line option.

Specifically we have read: Receive DICOM document with an embedded PDF and metadata.

0 3
0 252

Hello everybody.

My question originated when trying to help a coworker...

There is a system module, specifically a ClassMethod that inserts records into a table as per the pseudocode below:

set Obj = ##class(FooSchema.FooTable).%New()
set Obj.fooProp = fooValue
// Other Foo properties //
set status = Obj.%Save()

From time to time, when trying to save the object, an error , informing that it was not possible to obtain the exclusive lock on the table instance

0 2
0 197