This is a beginner’s guide to the design of a “MicroService” implemented in Ensemble. “MicroService” is a popular phrase these days which has a broad interpretation. My interpretation is: “MicroService” is a “NoSQL Service”. A what? The answer is in the article.

We learnt what the difference is between SQL and NoSQL databases. For me the difference is nearly the same between a SOA Web Service and a “MicroService”. I am going to explain it through an example.

1 0
0 909

This tells me that there is no timezone offset on this table/field:

Select TOP 1 GETDATE() as Now, TimeCreated FROM ens.messageheader ORDER BY TimeCreated DESC;
Now TimeCreated
------------------- -------------------
2016-10-18 16:16:49 2016-10-18 16:16:31
0 13
0 818
Question
· Oct 20, 2016
%UnitTest Code Coverage

Hi,

When we write unit test cases for cache object script code using %UnitTest.TestCase, what is the best way to write code to identify code coverage?

So, let say my unit test case hit all 10 lines of code of a method for a given class. So, unit test coverage should be 100% for that. But, using line-by-line coverage [(%Monitor.System.LineByLine] getting wrong percentage, because it also includes code comment/documentation as part of code. So, practically we can not ever achieve 100% of code coverage by using this API.

2 2
0 789

I just installed the latest update for Atelier (Version: 1.0.255) and I am trying to add the Ensemble 2016.2 build 736 release to my workspace. It allows me to add all the correct information, test the connection (succeeded) , but the "Finish" button is greyed out so I can't save the configuration. Anyone else seeing this?

0 4
0 481

Hi!

Suppose I have a project in Atelier with two classes: Class A and Class B and develop it in my local Caché installation.

If I decide to delete Class A and delete it in Atelier project will it be deleted in Caché automatically or should I do it manually?

Or what is the suggested workflow in this case?

Same question is if I decide to rename Class B to Class C.

1 4
0 579

I have a persistent class where I am logging each CCDA I receive. I want to store all of the providers associated to that CCDA (many to one). In a relational database, I would have a child table with a foreign key to the primary table. I'm guessing the equivalent to Cache would be

1. Create a custom class (ProviderList) with the properties I want to store.

2. Add the class as a property of my CCDA persistent class.

Property Providers as Array of ProviderList (SQLProjection = "table/column";

Am I on the right track?

0 4
0 491
Question
· Oct 17, 2016
Are we using callin API?

Hello community; this may seem odd, but I need to know if there's any way we could be using callin functions from a C application without knowing? e.g. if other developers created some C programs that call in to Caché that we don't realize are running. Is that possible? If so, where would I look to see these programs? Perhaps the server's task manager?

Thanks --Laura

0 2
0 354

Here you have an easy way to write and execute COS code from your unix scripts. This way one does not need to write routines or even open Studio or Atelier. It can be an option for simple and small actions for instance things like installation tasks or compiling.

See sample bash script (compile.sh) to compile classes:

6 2
0 892

I need to create a KPI similar to the DeepSee.Model.KPIs.DemoTrendLines kpi in Samples. This kpi supports a scorecard widget with a trend line. It shows patient counts by city with a trend line of the count of patients over a decade. What I want is to show the trend line based on the average allergy score ([Measures].[Avg Test Score]). A pivot table query that shows the data I would want to base the trend line on is:

0 3
0 320

I have a list of about 100 MPI IDs that I would like to run a report on. I want to list times that any data for these patients were accessed. Currently in "Managed Reports" we have a "Disclosure Report" which I think was a custom development effort, but it is per-patient.

I have a SQL query for the ATNA log but I'm not confident in its accuracy, so I thought I'd reach out and see how other Information Exchange's might get this data.

0 7
0 502

At Global Summit back in April, in his keynote speech, John Paladino mentioned that improvements to our documentation search were being made. You might have wondered, since things seemed to go quiet, whether anything was really happening. Well, we had an internal demo of some of the upcoming features recently, and the new capabilities look really cool – searching documentation has been frustrating for InterSystems staff too! So, I thought it might be good to pass on a few details to give a taste of what is coming. Of course, InterSystems will be putting together much better information

6 4
0 479

Interesting anecdote I want to share. Not 100% Caché related, but I hope it would be useful.

When CSP Gateway is configured on IIS, opening CSP Gateway Configuration page is prohibited by default -- as IIS blocks URLs with '/bin' in it.

In our documentation we advise to add <remove segment="bin" /> to applicationHost.config file.
That is correct.

4 0
0 940

How to identify a patient of an encounter?

Doing the following query in Edge we are able to list the records of all patients.

I want select all records of a particular patient.

SELECT top 10 * FROM HS_SDA3_Streamlet.Encounter

1 13
0 785
Article
· Oct 12, 2016 12m read
RESTful API

Beginner’s guide to RESTful Application Program Interface (API) design and documentation. Through the example you will learn some common pattern for RESTful API.

Before you read

You need to know

3 0
1 3.1K