Article
· Nov 8, 2016 4m read
Returning Disk Space to File Systems

This is the first article in a series discussing how to regain disk space from Caché databases at the operating system level. This introductory article discusses Caché database growth and gives an overview of various methods you can use to return unused disk space that is allocated to database files back to the file system. But before we talk about returning space to the file system, let’s first review how does it get allocated in the first place.

7 0
0 1.8K
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 18,627 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Environment: Cache for Windows (x86-64) 2015.2.2 (Build 811U) Thu Mar 3 2016 12:55:48 EST [HealthShare Modules:Core:14.01.351

When try the following to send back SOAP Fault, is the following correct way?

Set fault=##class(%SOAP.Fault).%New()
Set fault.faultcode=$$$FAULTServer
Set fault.faultstring="Processing Error"
Set fault.detail= "Error on server"
Do ..ReturnFault(fault)

0 1
0 695

Hi,

I am using the &sql () tag to retrieve the value from the Cache DB.

below is the piece of code i am using:

script language="cache" method="retrieveDetail" arguments="pVariable" returntype="%String"
&sql( select columnA,
into :tempVariable1
from TABLE
where COLUMNC = pVariable

quit tempVariable1

i have to return the ColumnA value back to the calling procedure.

can i know how it can be done ? since i am getting an javascript error.

1 4
0 383
Article
· Nov 8, 2016 4m read
Introduction to Outlier Selectivity

Beginning in Caché 2013.1, InterSystems introduced Outlier Selectivity to improve query plan selection involving fields with one atypical value.

In this article, I hope to use an example 'Projects' table to demonstrate what Outlier Selectivity is, how it helps SQL performance and a few considerations for writing queries.

3 1
0 619

Hi, Community!

Let me introduce Dmitry Maslennikov as our new Developer Community Moderator.

Dmitry continuously shows the outstanding contribution to InterSystems Developer Community and we decided to trust Dmitry this role and hope that Dmitry can even help to make the Developer Community better in this new status.

Thanks for your great contribution, Dmitry!

And, we are looking for the new moderators from Community!

7 1
0 293

Hi, We have a business process that receives back a character stream that has csv content from a SOAP Operation call. I was hoping to make use of the record mapper to map the content to a record map to be able to process the transactions.

I only see examples/documentation of how to use a File or ftp business operation/service to map the stream to a record map.

Is this at all possible to get the csv stream into a record map batch object.

Regards

Thomas

0 1
0 452

Prompted by the words Rick didn't actually say to his pianist in Casablanca, I want to draw attention to the the "Resend" button at the top of the Ensemble Message Viewer.

It's pretty easy to use. Find the message or messages you want to resend, set the associated selection checkbox(es), then click the button.

3 3
0 850
Question
· Nov 7, 2016
Monospace output from Zen

Hi,

I have a problem which i think has a simple solution but which i and others haven't yet cracked. I want to display text output to a text box in monospaced font. At the moment the style sheet is shown below, I have tried various other options such as specifying a specific font such as Courier New. None of the browsers I have tried (Safari, Firefox on OSX, IE) display as monospace, although the last 2 come close. I wonder whether I need a <pre> tag, but I can't see how to do that in Zen.

Suggestions?

0 1
0 299

After upgrading an Information Exchange/HealthShare instance that has a registry namespace, you may notice that the Caché audit log gets filled with frequent login failures by the HS_Services user (check this by going to Management Portal > System Administration > Security > Auditing > View Audit Database). Clicking the “details” shows event data like:

Error message: Access Denied
CSP Application: /csp/healthshare/hsregistry
Authentication: Delegated
1 0
0 841

Whether you are accessing DeepSee for the first time ever or you are configuring DeepSee on a new instance, there are two common issues that are encountered after clicking on the “DeepSee” option in the System Management Portal.

Issue #1: Architect/Analyzer is grayed out!

Issue #2: DeepSee must be enabled before use.

Issue #1: Architect/Analyzer is grayed out!

There are two common causes for this problem.

5 1
0 1.5K
InterSystems Official
· Nov 7, 2016
Feature Tracker in 2017.1

Starting with the Field Test of 2017.1 InterSystems products will include Feature Tracker. It is enabled by default during the Field Test and is explained more fully in the product documentation included below. Information collected by Feature Tracker is limited to technology usage information and instance identification. This tool has been carefully crafted to not transmit sensitive information related to customer applications or data.

3 0
0 857

As per the documentation of QueueCountAlert:
Number of messages on this item's queue needed to trigger an Alert message to be sent. Note that no further alerts will be sent unless the number of messages on the queue drops below 80% of this number and then rises again to this number.
Note that this alert will be sent even if AlertOnError is False.
Zero means no alerts of this type will be sent.

Now, the question is,
If QueueCountAlert is set to 10, and the queue size become 11 we will be getting email once.

0 6
0 457

Here's an easy one for you; before I spend another hour looking for the answer, how do you convert %ArrayOfDataTypes to an array (that could, say, fit into the %session.Data array, or maybe just some array named info()), and of course back again?

NS>s aodt=##class(%ArrayOfDataTypes).%New()

NS>w aodt.SetAt("lcavanaugh","username")
NS>w aodt.SetAt("organization","coolcompany")
NS>w ##class(%ArrayOfDataTypes).BuildValueArray(aodt,.array)

<LIST>zBuildValueArray+1^%Library.ArrayOfDataTypes.1

1 3
0 971
Article
· Jun 21, 2016 1m read
Simple Cache systemd Unit

Hello

I have noticed that Cache (2016.1 at the time of writing) doesn't come with a systemd startup script for RHEL7.

Here is a small example script I have built.

[Unit]
Description=Intersystems Cache

[Service]
Type=forking
ExecStart=/bin/bash -c '/usr/cachesys/cstart 2>&1 | logger -t cache_start'
ExecStop=/bin/bash -c '/usr/cachesys/cstop quietly 2>&1 | logger -t cache_stop'
RemainAfterExit=yes

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

The file should be placed as /usr/lib/systemd/system/cache.service

6 8
0 2.1K
Question
· Nov 4, 2016
MakeDirectory

Hi All,
when I ran the Command to make a folder in particular directory its not working in terminal,but when i run the same command in studio output block it create the folder.
Used command:
S cmd="mkdir E:\DIRECTORY"
O cmd:"QR":10
Suggest Please.

0 4
0 546

I've asked a lot of questions leading up to this, so I wanted to share some of my progress.

The blue line represents the number of messages processed. The background color represents the average response time. You can see ticks for each hour (and bigger ticks for each day). Hovering over any point in the graph will show you the numbers for that period in time.

This is super useful for "at a glance" performance monitoring as well as establishing patterns in our utilization.

5 2
0 489

A short post for now to answer a question that came up. In post two of this series I included graphs of performance data extracted from pButtons. I was asked off-line if there is a quicker way than cut/paste to extract metrics for mgstat etc from a pButtons .html file for easy charting in Excel.

See: - Part 2 - Looking at the metrics we collected

7 2
0 1.4K

Hi-

I have created a class that extends %Persistent and %Populate and have set the various POPSPEC attributes of my properties to control how the properties are populated. However, when I compile the class and try to run the Populate() method it tells me the method isnt defined.

Here is the class definition:

0 2
0 959

The iKnow documentation shows an example for adding sources to a domain after an initial loading of sources.

The example uses text files. However, our data is now in Cache SQL tables.

Is it possible to add sources from a Cache SQL table, and is there an example of how this is done?

Thank you.

0 3
0 385