If I were trying to access an index of a global variable, what time complexity would this operation have? My understanding of languages like Java/C++ is that arrays are stored as blocks of memory so that x[15] would have a lookup time complexity of O(1) because it just goes to (address of the array + 15) and retrieves the value stored there.

How does this work in Cache where the index of a variable isn't necessarily an integer value? If I were to have a variable like the following:

x("Adam") = "Red"

x("George") = "Blue"

x("Bryan") = "Green"

etc...

3 5
0 487

A customer wants to process D93A edifact files, orders and invoice. Does anyone have .SEF files available or know how to get them, so we can easily process them with Ensemble? Otherwise we would either have to write a parser for the two message types, or create a SEF file.

Any advice is welcome on this,

Marcel

0 2
0 471
Announcement
· Jan 18, 2017
Top 10 Authors in 2016

Hi, Community!

Over 600 different authors posted anything on Developer Community in 2016.

Developer Community contains some brilliant pieces of content because of you. Thank you!

With one of the latest DC releases we introduced "Member Follow" functionality, so you can open any members' page, follow him and be subscribed to all his new posts and comments.

Just to give you ideas who to follow in 2017 here is top 10 authors in 2016 for several nominations ;)

All the nominations do not include postings within Developer Community tag or group.

3 1
0 313
This is the second part of my long post about package managers in operating systems and language distributions. Now, hopefully, we have managed to convince you that convenient package manager and rich 3rd party code repository is one key factor in establishing of a vibrant and fast growing ecosystem. (Another possible reason for ecosystem success is the consistent language design, but it will be topic for another day.)
6 23
1 1.3K

So I installed Atelier, created my project, imported and compiled all my classes but now I need to import all my CSP files too but I can't find any instructions on how to do so. Just copying the files into [project]\CSp\csp is not working as they don't show up in the project tree.

0 2
0 487

Hi,

I have downloaded an evaluation copy of Cache and installed on a Windows 2016 R2 machine. I wanted to Configure different locations for DAT, WIJ, and Journal files but the installation process didn't give me such a "custom" option. I do see that the installation guide mentions the presence of such an option so I am wondering if this is a limitation of evaluation copies. Can someone please confirm?

0 6
0 333

Back in my COBOL days, there was a utility that would analyze running COBOL code and expose bottle necks and those modules that were inefficient or were executed multiple times. This was to help the programmer know where to concentrate streamlining efforts.

Is there any such utility for Caché Routines?

0 4
0 350

I am in the planning stages of making things more uniform in our routines and I would like to know what the easiest way would be to include an .inc at the beginning of each .mac routine. Has anyone written something that would open all routines and place something into the first row while leaving the rest of the routine unchanged? Thanks for any guidance you all may provide.

0 3
0 333

Points to remember before you start:

1. It is not possible in a COS (Caché Object Script) job/process context to have multiple Named Pipes. It is a one Named Pipe per job/process limited line of communication.
  1. Named Pipes, in Caché, like most pipes on most operating systems are Unidirectional. That means you open them for either Read or Write, but not both.
3 0
0 689

Well I want to set the type of a piece in a global as a String, because when I use float numbers , the system parse them to numbers instead of use like strings and thats a little bit tricky with the sorts

Here is a code example:

ACB>s ^a("1.0012")=""// that is going to be stored as a number

ACB>s ^a("1.0011")="" // that is going to be stored as a number

ACB>s ^a("1.0010")="" // that is going to be stored as string

ACB>zw ^a

^a(1.0011)=""

^a(1.0012)=""

^a("1.0010")=""

0 2
0 271

Hello guys,

I've got this piece of code which runs the method "WebMethod", that belongs to %SOAP.WebBase.cls.

It grabs the outcome from an internal webservice we have and after that, it writes into a file.

The thing is, when I browse the file contents, I realize that in the place where a special character should be, I see a question mark.

By querying the same webservice from a special soap tool called "SoapSonar" (I've been using this for years), the outcome shows up this special character (shows it properly).

1 16
0 4.9K

The class %Compiler.UDL.TextServices arrived in 2015.1, bringing us methods for exporting a class in UDL format (i.e. looking just like we're used to seeing it in Studio), and importing a UDL format definition back into a namespace. Some source control tools including our Deltanji are now able to use UDL format, resulting in diffs that are easier to understand.

1 1
0 308

Per the information at http://docs.intersystems.com/latest/csp/docbook/DocBook.UI.Page.cls?KEY=... I am trying to use a call to $ZF("GETFILE") to obtain information about an OpenVMS file. But I get an <ILLEGAL VALUE> error.

For example:

w $zf("GETFILE",filename,"UIC")

reports:

<ILLEGAL VALUE>

My filename variable contains the full path and name of a file that I own. I hold the %All role in Cache.

0 4
0 464

The article makes an attempt to demonstrate that Atelier is not just repeating the functionality of Caché Studio on a new IDE platform (Eclipse) but goes far beyond. Due to my personal experience, and challenges in former projects I picked first XSLT Debugging. Is it an ordinary task? Not at all. Who is doing XSLT every day? Probably none of us. Than why XSLT Debugging? Simply because there are solutions in our product portfolio which are using XSLT inside and those solutions require customization. Customizing XSLT without some sort of toolkit is more than challenging. The examples of such solutions starts with HealthShare IHE message, CDA vs. SDA transformations, goes through ZEN Reports, and ends by HealthShare CDA document viewer. Is that enough reason to spend time reading the whole article through not just the teaser?

4 3
0 529

Hi-

Im curious if there is any specific configuration that has to be done on an IIS web server to serve up RESTful web services.

I have a server that has IIS installed, with the CSP gateway. a second server that has Cache installed on it.

I have configured a web application using the Cache System Management Portal for the web services that has a dispatch class pointing to my dispatch class.

I have created an application mapping in my CSP Gateway Management Portal on the web server such that url's with /webservices prefix are routed to my cache server.

0 1
0 3.6K
Question
· Jan 20, 2017
MPI Question

Hello experts,

Good afternoon. I am a new member here and was wondering if any of you can help me with creating my own instance of Healthshare with MPI. This will serve as a sandbox and a learning environment for me. What is the minimum requirement to have such an environment setup, meaning will I only need to setup HSBUS, HSREGISTRY(HUB), MPI, HSACCESS, and EDGE Gateway(s)? If so, how do I properly set them up without just installing an environment with ENSDEMO?

0 3
0 498

In the table/class HS_Registry.document there is a column/property named RepositoryUniqueId. There are about 14 unique values, which pretty much lines up with the number of our "Push" (Provide & Register) participants and thus unique document repositories. However, these values just look like OIDs. I've been searching for over an hour and I can't find anywhere that will provide me some context to these "Repository IDs".

Anyone have ideas or suggestions where I could find this info?

0 3
0 480

Hi,

Initially when setting up a cache instance one creates or imports the user/ resources roles etc .

After the Mirror has been activated you can add users, resources etc. But when trying to add new SQL Table privileges to a namespace where the databases are mirrored it seems that you are not able to , Getting error:

ERROR #5002: Cache error: <DIRECTORY>SQLUserPrivsExecute+13^%SYS.SQLSEC

SOURCE ELEMENT: %CSP.UI.Component.SQLTables (SQLTables)

How do you maintain these privileges?

0 1
0 330

I'm having trouble creating a view in cache with query like:

SELECT column1, column2, column 3
FROM table
WHERE
(column1, columnn 2) IN (SELECT c1, c2 FROM table2 GROUP BY c1)
ORDER BY column1

I think the problem is in where clause, because it cannot take two columns .

the exact error: [SQLCODE: <-1>:<Invalid SQL statement>] [%msg: < ) expected, , found^ (column1,>]

Any idea on how to solve this?

Thank you.

1 3
0 108.9K

Many mobile applications that enable users to get information about road fines and pay them, send notifications about newly added fines. This functionality can be efficiently implemented using push notifications sent to users’ devices.

Our application was not an exception. The server side is based on the Ensemble platform that offers integrated support of push notifications starting from version 2015.1.

1 0
0 553