So, I needed to start Java Gateway, and found, that it does not want to work with the latest Java versions, I tried 20, 18, 17

Start External Language Server %Java Server:

Please wait...result will show below:

2023-07-26 19:46:24 Starting Java Gateway Server '%Java Server'
2023-07-26 19:46:24 *ERROR* Return from RunStartCmd: ERROR #5049: Java version '18.0.1.1' is not supported.
2023-07-26 19:46:25 An error occurred while trying to start the Gateway Server External Language Server failed to Start:
ERROR #5049: Java version '18.0.1.1' is not supported.

Error, only says, that it will not work, and say nothing, about which version it wants to see

1 6
0 450
Question
· Jul 12, 2023
Enabling telnet

Can %Service_telnet be enabled programmatically? I have the need to enable this feature so that I can automate a script I have for Cache, but unless the telnet service is on, the session cant connect.

1 6
1 304
Question
· Jun 15, 2016
Oauth 1.0 library

I am in need of a routine or class method to generate an Oauth 1.0 signature. I was about to code this myself, but thought to check first to see if anyone has already done this and is willing to share.

Thanks in advance for any help.

[UPDATE 06/28/2016]

1 3
0 526

The Database Administrator’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Monitor systems logs, report abnormalities and troubleshoot.
• Monitor database backups, modify when needed.
• Monitor file system space.
• Perform support and maintenance of existing Cache deployment, analysis, and migration of existing Cache code to Microsoft SQL; and Web Services (SOA).

REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:

1 0
0 197

Hi InterSystems Community

We recently had an issue where we weren't able to parse a JSON HTTP request, but the issue went by unnoticed. We also did not have a trace of what the raw HTTP request was that we couldn't parse. I'm looking at improving our this by:
Tracing the raw request using $$$TRACE

Raising an alert which will hit our Ens.Alert router which will compose and send an email

1 0
1 196

Hi Community,

Watch this video to learn how InterSystems software enables both horizontal and vertical scaling:

Scaling for User and Data Volume in InterSystems IRIS

https://www.youtube.com/embed/A477wcJL2LA
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 156

Hello again everyone.

In our previous article we saw how to configure our EMPI to receive FHIR messages. To do this we installed the FHIR Adapter that InterSystems made available to us that configured a REST endpoint to which we could send our FHIR message. We would then get the message and transform it to a %String that we would send via TCP to the output of our EMPI configured in our HSPIDATA namespace.

Alright, it's time to see how we retrieve the message, transform it back to a %DynamicObject and parse it to the class used by the EMPI to store the information.

1 0
0 161
Question
· Jul 13, 2023
$zu(96,9) Not working

Suppose you have routine ^A loaded in your partition in programmer mode and you call routine ^B. Routine ^B finds the value of $ZU(96,9) which should be the calling routine.

But $ZU(96,9) now returns null, as does $SYSTEM.Process.CallingRoutine()

Works on 2018.1.7 but not 2018.1.8

$ROLES= %All on both systems

More precisely I have line label ZZPP in ^%ZLANGC00 which needs to identify the original routine in the partition and do some work on it. When I type ZZPP I get nothing on the later version. Here's the line of code:

1 4
0 210

Is "time" a reserved word in the %CONTAINS function?

When I run the following SQL query, I get 0 matching results

SELECT ID, text
FROM Test.Sentence
WHERE text %CONTAINS('time') OR text %CONTAINS('time ') OR text %CONTAINS(' time')

However, when I run a query where the search string contains words other than "time" alone, it returns the expected matching results

1 7
1 278
Article
· Jul 8, 2023 2m read
Character-Slice Index

A recent question from @Vivian Lee reminded me of a rather ancient example.
It was the time when DeepSee's first version was released.
We got Bitmap Index.
And we got BitSlice Index: mapping a numeric value by its binary parts.
So my idea: Why not indexing strings by their characters?
The result of this idea was presented first in June 2008.
IKnow wasn't publicly available at that time.

1 0
1 118

Hi Community,

Enjoy watching the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

HealthShare Analytics Solution: So Many Tools, So Much Power @ Global Summit 2022

https://www.youtube.com/embed/hRlUPeRDuCk
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 183

Hi colleagues!

InterSystems Grand Prix 2023 unites all the key features of InterSystems IRIS Data Platform!

Thus we invite you to use the following features and collect additional technical bonuses that will help you to win the prize!

Here we go!

• LLM AI or LangChain usage: Chat GPT, Bard and others - 6
  • InterSystems FHIR SQL Builder- 5
  • InterSystems FHIR - 3
  • IntegratedML - 4
  • Native API - 3
  • Embedded Python - 4
  • Interoperability - 3
  • Production EXtension(PEX) - 2
  • Adaptive Analytics (AtScale) Cubes usage - 3
  • Tableau, PowerBI, Logi usage - 3
  • InterSystems IRIS BI - 3
  • Columnar Index Usage - 1
  • Docker container usage - 2
  • ZPM Package deployment - 2
  • Online Demo - 2
  • Unit Testing - 2
  • Implement InterSystems Community Idea - 4
  • First Article on Developer Community - 2
  • Second Article On DC - 1
  • Code Quality pass - 1
  • First Time Contribution - 3
  • Video on YouTube - 3

1 4
0 385
Hello and welcome to the Dev Community Post Digest for June 2023.
General Stats
177 new posts published in June:
– 36 new articles
– 33 new announcements
– 105 new questions
– 3 new discussions
315 new members joined in June
11,589 posts published all time
9,745 members joined all time
1 0
0 190
Discussion
· Jun 29, 2023
The idea for iris-user-manager

I want to deploy IRIS apps running in containers in Kubernetes with user accounts configured.

I have a %ZSTART routine which looks for an XML file with Users export data and if the %ZSTART routine finds this file, it imports it. This Users export data can be obtained by running a class method.

I have defined a task which can be scheduled or run on demand. This tasks imports user data from an XM file.

In Kubernetes I can provide a ConfigMap to stage the Users data for the %ZSTART routine.

1 2
0 170
Announcement
· Jun 30, 2023
[Video] Managing Database Size

Hi Community,

Watch this video to see how to expand or truncate a database using the Management Portal in InterSystems IRIS data platform, and learn about the best times to do each:

Managing Database Size

https://www.youtube.com/embed/oWo_Mlm0tOA

1 0
0 233
Question
· Jun 23, 2023
Dateconversion

Hi Community,

I need to convert date 1997-08-09 10:38:39.700000000 into this format 1997-08-09T10:38:39Z

I have tried using all date function $ZDH,$ZDT no luck can anyone help me to convert this into required format.

Thanks,

Smythee

1 5
0 266

Hi Developers,

Enjoy watching the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Why Horizontal Scalability Is Like Teamwork @ Global Summit 2022

https://www.youtube.com/embed/hIuV0EcCW0Q

1 0
0 159
Question
· Jun 17, 2023
Hide or make routines binary?

Sorry, somewhat of novice here, but how is a mac or a routine created into a binary or is there a way to hide your routines so that no other user can edit them? Like remove source code and have an executable?

I would like to do this MAC and CSP pages

1 8
0 360

Hi folks!

I have an example where I want to write a string into a file.

I have a message with string and I want to write the string down into a file.

I took EnsLib.FilePathThrough.Operation which expects Ens.StreamContainer message.

So I perform a data transformation where I need to transfer string to a stream. Here is the DataTransformation:

1 4
0 480