InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 19,853 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Article
· Feb 13, 2023 3m read
MTConnect ObjectScript Implementation

Logo

In today's fast-paced and highly competitive manufacturing industry,
efficient machine communication and data exchange is essential to maximize
productivity and minimize downtime. That's where MTConnect comes in.
MTConnect is an open, royalty-free standard that provides a common language
for communication between machines, devices, and software applications in a
manufacturing environment.

4 0
0 280

Hi Developers,

This January, you posted a whopping 94 new questions on the Developer Community:

Questions

How to Identify Questions & Optimize Your Site for Q&A, FAQ & More

2 0
0 132
Article
· Feb 7, 2023 9m read
OpenAPI Suite - Part 2

Hi Community,

In the first part, we describe all packages, used libraries and REST services.

Now, I would like to add some details about converter and validator services.

By default, OpenAPI-Suite sends an HTTP request to converter.swagger.io if the specification version is less than 3.0 and another HTTP request to validator.swagger.io to simplify the structure of the specification document.

Although the usage of online utilities is convenient, in some cases it could be better to have our own instance of the converter and validator. For example, if OpenAPI-Suite is provided on a server in an organisation for ObjectScript developers, it may be preferable to avoid requests to external services (privacy, avoid request rate limits).

Just run:

docker run -d -p 8085:8080 --name swagger-converter swaggerapi/swagger-converter:latest
docker run -d -p 8086:8080 --name swagger-validator-v2 swaggerapi/swagger-validator-v2:latest

4 2
1 429

Hi Community,

Please read this when you have the time and keep an open mind. Also, you are welcome to tell me it is a terrible idea.

The main reason for this post

If you look at NPM, it has 1.3 million packages. Now ask yourself, is this an achievement or a nightmare?
How many of those packages are no longer supported?
How many of those packages break compatibility on version changes?
How do you know which one to use?

11 13
2 244

Hi Community,

This article is a continuation of my article about Getting to know Python Flask Web Framework

In this article, we will cover the basics of topics listed below:

1. Routing in Flask Framework
2. Folder structure for a Flask app (Static and Template)
3. Getting and displaying data in the Flask application from IRIS.

So, let's begin.

2 0
0 1.4K

If you haven’t already please give @John Murray your vote in the Developer Tool contest >> http://bit.ly/3XcxyeS

🚀 DX Jetpack boosts your developer experience when using VS Code with InterSystems platforms. 🚀

This extension pack includes:

gj :: codeSpex - showing help using VS code's commenting feature.

ObjectScript class view - View and navigate all class members plus where they are inherited from.

ServerDiff - See the difference between the code you are editing in VS Code and the server copy.

You can vote here >> http://bit.ly/3XcxyeS

1 1
0 159

Hello Community,

Some of you have passed the InterSystems Official Certification and would like to get a nifty green tick on your profile avatar

and all your certificates in your DC profile so that others know that you know... you know what we mean

So, to add certification to your DC profile, you need to take 3 easy steps:

1️⃣ Go to your DC profile

2️⃣ Go to the InterSystems Certification section

3️⃣ Click on the Load my certification(s) button

and that's it!

8 5
0 349
Article
· Feb 3, 2023 3m read
Queue monitoring

Overview

With the gradual improvement of hospital information construction, there are more and more business interfaces in hospitals. Due to the influence of various factors (network, consumer system, etc.), the data processing of business interface may cause excessive message accumulation and even the situation of interface card congestion, which affects the normal business development in the hospital. Therefore, the monitoring of the queue of business interface components becomes more and more important.

3 2
0 419

Hi folks!

I'm playing with IRIS interoperability at the moment and it turned out that Data Transformation cannot be the element of production by itself.

It can be called either from data rule or from business process.

But why?

What if I just want to change the message with the transformation and transfer the message somewhere else? Why the overhead with Rule or Business process?

1 1
0 153

Hi Developers!

Suppose you have a persistent class with data and you want to have a simple Angular UI for it to view the data and make CRUD operations.

Recently @Alberto Fuentes described how to build Angular UI for your InterSystems IRIS application using RESTForms2.

In this article, I want to tell you how you can get a simple Angular UI to CRUD and view your InterSystems IRIS class data automatically in less than 5 minutes.

Let's go!

7 3
5 1.1K

Schematron is a rule-based validation language for making assertions about the presence or absence of certain patterns in XML documents. A schematron refers to a collection of one or more rules containing tests. Schematrons are written in a form of XML, making them relatively easy for everyone, even non-programmers, to inspect, understand, and write

1 0
0 1K