Question
· Oct 30, 2019
SQL query index using

Hi guys,
I ran into a strange (for me) situation, when I run same query but change the WHERE clause the plan is different and is not connected to the additional condition.
Query that doesn't use the necessary index:

0 9
0 523
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,847 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi,

I am new to FHIR resources here i need to store patient current location with patient resource but location resource does not linked with patient. I need help this. In FHIR R4 resources having separate i implemented successfully in my project but i am suffered how to link location and patient. I fount resources from https://www.hl7.org/fhir/resourcelist.html

My Code implemented by nodejs with typescript language here i added graphql instead of rest

0 3
0 331
Question
· Oct 29, 2019
Cache Update Query

Hi,

I am trying to update an year on a date field in a cache database table but it showing an error message. But the functions are working on select query. The query I used is 

update RB_ResEffDateSessPayorRestr SET RESTR_DATETo = DATEADD(YYYY,1,RESTR_DATETo) where YEAR(RESTR_DATETo)=2020

I tried to update only the year which are 2020.

Can anyone please help me, Is there any error in the query?

Thanks

0 12
0 339
Question
· Oct 28, 2019
Error SQL Select

Hello,

I am having a problem with SQL Select, the command in portal is OK, show all items, but when I use a CacheDataAdapter in VB .NET show the message 'Incorrect list format 0>=0'. What could be this message? Because is the same SQL command.

Best Regards.

0 8
0 637

We have a data transformation where source is object collection (populated from a json file) and target is EnsLib.EDI.XML.Document.

If source file is large enough, transformation fails and we get <store> error and I quickly found this:

https://docs.intersystems.com/irislatest/csp/docbook/DocBook.UI.Page.cls?KEY=EBPLR_DTL_foreach which at the bottom in "Avoiding <STORE> Errors with Large Messages" section tells to:

1 1
0 383

Hi Developers!

Those who use Dockerfile to work with InterSystems IRIS often need to execute several lines of ObjectScript. For me, this was a game of "escaping this and that" every time just to shoot a few commands on ObjectScript to IRIS. Ideally, I'd prefer to code ObjectScript without any quotes and escaping.

Recently I found a nice "hack" on how this could be improved to exactly this state. I got this from @Dmitry Maslennikov's repo and this lets you use Objectscript in a way as you would type it in IRIS terminal.

Here is what you have in dockerfile:

///
COPY irissession.sh /
SHELL ["/irissession.sh"]
RUN \
  do $SYSTEM.OBJ.Load("Installer.cls", "ck") \
  set sc = ##class(App.Installer).setup()
# bringing the standard shell back
SHELL ["/bin/bash", "-c"]
CMD [ "-l", "/usr/irissys/mgr/messages.log" ]
///

3 12
2 598

When dealing with a support issue of one of our Deltanji source control sites this week I learned that if you're using InterSystems versions earlier than 2018.1 on Unix-type platforms it's possible that a class you export in UDL format will subsequently fail to import. So I'm posting this information here in case it helps other folk.

0 0
0 255

When calling the below stored procedure using the management portal (Run Query) no data is being retrieve, but if it is directly executed management portal data will show.

"IN" does not work changing it to "=", "like" the stored procedure will work. Does any one know how to fix this ?

Pass values to code is 'AB','TS','SK','GM'

0 1
0 514

InterSystems Online Learning has updated courses to include the latest information about InterSystems IRIS. See descriptions below, and try a course today!

Troubleshooting Productions
Get an introduction to troubleshooting productions, with a focus on locating and understanding some of the key Management Portal pages when troubleshooting.

0 0
0 232

Hi Community,

As you may know, we successfully held InterSystems Developers Meetup in Boston at Global Summit 2019. And now it's time to find out which solutions development on InterSystems IRIS have been discussed!

Please welcome the Meetup video recording on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

InterSystems Developers Meetup - Global Summit 2019

https://www.youtube.com/embed/PUnZwDxqEZM
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 0
0 199
Article
· Oct 23, 2019 2m read
Unit Tests for Data Transforms

Would you like to be sure your data transforms work as expected with a single command? And what about writing unit tests for your data transforms in a quick and simple way?

When talking about interoperability, there are usually a lot of data transforms involved. Those data transforms are used to convert data between different systems or applications in your code, so they are running a very important job.

4 2
1 676

Hi Community,

We're pleased to invite you to the Europe's biggest data science gathering called Data Natives Conference 2019 on 25-26 November in Berlin, Germany! Join us and learn how InterSystems technology can support your AI & ML initiatives to help you shape our world! 🔥

What's more?

Take part in @Benjamin De Boe's keynote "From data swamps to clean data lakes" in which he will portray best practices for sustainable AI/ML. And visit InterSystems booth on the 1st floor and discuss real-world use cases and state-of-the-art tools with our experts!

1 0
0 255

Hello!
There is a class query “MemberStatusList” in the SYS.Mirror class that I would like to call from a .NET client application.
I know that means that there is also a generated class method called MemberStatusListFunc.
What is the best way if any exist to call them from a .NET application?
Just see if anything responded I tried using something like

IRIS iris = IRIS.CreateIRIS(conn);
var returnValue = iris.ClassMethodString("%SYSTEM.Mirror", "MemberStatusList", "NAMEOFTHEMIRROR")
---

0 4
0 348

Hello Everyone,

I'm want to know, what is more common for your company to use, the abbreviation syntax or the complety name of commands, and why?

Ex.

S VAR=10 / D FUNC^ROUTINE F 1:1:1000

Set VAR=10 / Do Func^Routine / For 1:1:1000

set var=10 / do func^routine / for 1:1:1000

Here in my company, we are familiar with the abbreviation syntax, because to spell is more faster.

2 35
0 930
Question
· Oct 21, 2019
How to send a file via JSON

I have a text file that I pick up in a Business Service and need to send it to our vendor via JSON. I assumed (probably wrongly) that I could just create a RESTful Business Operation, plug in the server IP and URL as well as complete some of the other fields on the BO to send the file. When I do this, I get the following error:

0 4
0 743

InterSystems API Management (IAM) - a new feature of the InterSystems IRIS Data Platform, enables you to monitor, control and govern traffic to and from web-based APIs within your IT infrastructure. In case you missed it, here is the link to the announcement. And here's an article explaining how to start working with IAM.

In this article, we would use InterSystems API Management to Load Balance an API.

In our case, we have 2 InterSystems IRIS instances with /api/atelier REST API that we want to publish for our clients.

There are many different reasons why we might want to do that, such as:

• Load balancing to spread the workload across servers
  • Blue-green deployment: we have two servers, one "prod", other "dev" and we might want to switch between them
  • Canary deployment: we might publish the new version only on one server and move 1% of clients there
  • High availability configuration
  • etc.
7 3
4 774
Question
· Oct 19, 2019
Common Testing Frameworks.

Hi,

I'm after feedback and comments on the sort of tools and approaches the wider InterSystems community uses for QA Testing applications written in Cache/Ensemble or IRIS. I am aware of the %UnitTest package, and understand how that works... but:

- Do you use an alternative or framework built around this native Unit Testing tool ?

- What is your experience with %UnitTest if you use it ?

- Is there a tool you would recommend for your UI (I know this is not specifically an InterSystems' related question)

0 4
0 536