InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 18,102 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Question
· Dec 4, 2018
%Unit Test Case

This is the class which I want to test.

Class GSK.MyTestUnit Extends %RegisteredObject
{

ClassMethod Add(num1 As %Integer, num2 As %Integer)
{
s res=num1+num2
q res
}
}

This is my testing class.

Class GSK.TestingClass Extends %UnitTest.TestCase
{

Method test()
{
Do $$$AssertEquals(##class(GSK.MyTestUnit).Add(3,8),41, "Test Add(2,2)=4 passed ")
do $$$AssertNotEquals(##class(GSK.MyTestUnit).Add(3,8),11,"pass/fail")
}

}

1 1
1 265
Question
· Dec 5, 2018
Schema not appearing on Mirror

Hi, I updated the schema on our live node, but the change did not occur on the mirror server. Is there some setting that I need to enable? Everything else seems to be updating but the schema has not

Can you advice on what I could be missing or is this something that is known?

Regards,

Eric

0 2
0 265

Atelier is not translating the indentation spaces used to format XDATA sections in Cache Studio. Lack of these spaces makes the XDATA difficult to read. The styling (coloring) of the code is working just fine. Also, it appears that other class code indentation works fine.

Is anyone else seeing this issue? Has there been any discussion when this issue might be addressed by InterSystems? How shall I get some attention to this issue?

0 4
0 265

Hi Community!

New video "Deploying Shards Using InterSystems Cloud Manager" is available now on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/UV1zYRQUPlw
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 265
Question
· Oct 17, 2018
SQLGateWay performance.

I have a ZEN page with nine tablepanes. Each tablepane queries a table in the same SQLServer db. I have a single SQLGateWay(odbc) to this SQLServer db. I need to get better performance when I query all nine table at the same time. Would my performance improve if I had nine SQLGateWays(nine odbc configurations/connections), one for each query? I would appreciate any and all suggestions for getting the very best performance when using SQLGateWays. Thank you.

0 1
0 264

I have previously setup an Atelier project and it was running. I recently received the 1.3 release. Now, I am unable to click on the previously established connection to my Cache server (as seen in the Serve Explorer. I see the connection and the little arrow (implying that there is a hierarchy of items underneath). But, clicking that arrow opens nothing. Ultimately, I was trying to access files on the server so that I could add some new ones to my existing Atelier Project.

0 4
0 264

We are updating from 2015.1.1 to 2017.2. I am testing the Hot JVM functionality to see if our current functionality is working in the new version of 2017.

I am having a problem trying to make it "fail".

Generally if I put in an invalid renderport then I usually get an error. Now if I put in an invalid renderport it generates the PDF anyway (FOP).

Was there a change where if it fails using the renderserver then it will create a new instance of Java to produce the PDF?

0 3
0 263

Activate Wizard by-pass

Cache-2016-1.2

1. how to bypass the Activate wizard ?, and run directly the Activate on: .NET x64 COM Assembly (.dll,.tlb)

with object script , something like :

D Activate^%CacheActivate("MyAssembly.tlb")

the MyAssembly.tlb , is ofcourse , a visible Element in activate Wizard table list

2. activate Wizard table list, sometimes throws an error #6101 ?

regards,

Emanuel

0 4
0 263
Question
· Mar 26, 2018
error compilation studio

Good morning, employees

I'm having trouble compiling in studio, I already reported it to intersystems support, but it did not solve the problem.

when calling a method of a class by putting $, follows an example:

0 4
0 262

1) I have an oref pointing to an object on disk

2) I save the object which causes an UPDATE / AFTER Trigger to fire, and updates a value in an embedded object property

3) I would like to see that new embedded property value in my in-memory object (for unit testing)

Is there a way to do this via a method call? Or do I need to close the object and re-open it to see the updated value?

Thanks!

Ben

0 1
0 262
Question
· Nov 15, 2018
SQL calculated property rollback

Greetings all,

I have a quick SQL question. I am working with a class, which has a calculated property, which in turned indexed.
The calculation for this property is created based on another property value via:
SqlComputeOnChange = attributes - so basically every time I add a property attribute to my class, my new property
is calculated based on some SqlComputeCode which calls some class method.

That initial setup works as designed.

0 1
0 262

Hi Community!

It's time for new videos from Global Summit 2018 on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel! Are you ready?

Please welcome the first session recording from Global Summit 2018:

Accelerating Time-to-Productivity

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_PGSk9WkoVA
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 261
Question
· Feb 7, 2018
Next Word Behavior

When using Atelier on COS ctrl-left and ctrl-right considers a word to start on each capital letter in variable names. So if you are on the word:

UpdateServerName

The cursor will stop on the capital U, S, and N. Same thing in javascript files, but NOT in css files. In Studio it didn't use to stop on capital letters in variable names etc. Personally I consider this very annoying and requires a lot more key presses to jump across code to the right spot.

Is this behavior changeable to NOT stop on capital letters?

0 2
0 260

Hello, I am trying to get the Zen Print Server to work so that i can use the pdfprint mode in Zen Reports. Zen Reports will create pdfs just fine, so that part is working. And the printer works fine from other applications on this computer and I have verified the printer name a bunch of times.

This is Caché 2016.2 on Windows 10. I have tried this using Adobe 11.0 and Adobe DC. I have made and started a Zen Report Print Server with

Name = "ZenPrint"

Port = "4321"

and Ping Port = "4320"

0 4
0 260

Hi Everyone!

New session recording from Global Summit 2017 is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Secure File Communication

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Oe-qPhAvHj4

1 0
0 259
Question
· Dec 11, 2018
Websockets issue

Hello,

I'm trying to use Websockets and understand how it works. To do so, I tried to follow the sample in here :

https://github.com/intersystems-ru/WebSocketsSample

I opened studio, connected to my server into the USER namespace and use the Tools -> Import Local in order to add the 3 files (app.js.xml, index.html.xml and WebSockets.Main.cls )

I compile without error and use the View -> Web Page and it doesn't work as expected

0 2
0 257

This code snippet uses %ZEN.Auxiliary.jsonSQLProvider. The namespace and string of SQL can be edited for different situations. The class method "test" runs the code:

Class eduardlebedyuk.passQuestionParams
{
    classmethod test(pValue = 50) {
        s ns = $Namespace
        zn "samples"
        s tSQL = "SELECT ID, Name FROM Sample.Person WHERE Id > ?"
        s tPR = ##class(%ZEN.Auxiliary.jsonSQLProvider).%New()
        s tPR.sql = tSQL
        s tPR.%Format = "tw"
        s tPR.maxRows = 100

s tParam = ##class(%ZEN.Auxiliary.parameter).%New()
        s tParam.value = pValue
        d tPR.parameters.SetAt(tParam,1)

d tPR.%DrawJSON() 
        //d ##class(%ZEN.Auxiliary.jsonSQLProvider).%WriteJSONFromSQL(,,,,,tPR)  //same thing
        zn ns
    }
}

(Originally posted to Intersystems CODE by @Eduard Lebedyuk, 5/13/15)

Here's a link to the code on GitHub

1 0
0 257
Question
· May 24, 2018
image tab

Good afternoon, I have a tabGroup where I populate tabs with images using the scr property. If a user scrolls to the bottom of the image on a tab, when they go to the next tab, they are also at the bottom. When moving between tabs, I would like the user to always be presented with the top of the tab content. I have not been unsuccessful in doing this. Would someone have input on how to make this happen? Thank you in advance for any and all feedback.

0 2
0 256

Hi everyone

I have a datacombo that displayes value from a db table.

I would like to set one of this value as default value. How can I do that? Is there a way to say selected value given the text or the Id from the DB table?

Thanks a lot and kind regards

Milena

0 1
0 254
Question
· May 30, 2018
Change property heading

Release 2017.2.

I have created a class that extends Ens.BusinessOperation, and in my class I have defined a custom property. How can I change the property's heading that is displayed on the Management Portal Settings tab?

0 3
0 254