InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,808 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Article
· Mar 24, 2020 2m read
BlocksExplorer map generator

I hope you already know one of my projects Cache Blocks Explorer. I've recently renamed it to Blocks Explorer.

For the recent contest, I've added a new feature, the ability to generate a static picture of any Cache or IRIS database. Like below. Where unique globals have a unique color. This is how looks like inside 9.5GB database. Where 1 pixel represents one block. By link on image you will get even bigger image, with more detalization.

2 6
0 332

In Episode 6 of Data Points, certification manager Jamie Kantor joins the podcast to tell us all about the InterSystems Certification program, what exams are currently being offered (and what ones are in development), and why it matters for developers and enterprises. Check it out!

https://5e18edf067eb59-03854285.castos.com/player/163980
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 169
Question
· Mar 26, 2020
Merge two lists?

Hello,

We are developing a method to take two messages which have a list of data types. It is being defined as:

Class Mensajes.Response.HistoriaClinica.ConsultaCitasResponse Extends Ens.Response [ ProcedureBlock ]
{

0 1
0 571

Hello,

We are developing a Transformation and we are wondering: how could we debug and show a XML message which is being an output from a transformation, without storing it into request/response/callrequest/callresponse? We mean, how could we show a context variable in the production?

For example, let's have a transformation which stores an appointment in a variable called: context.especializadasConFormatoPrimarias

How could we show in the Production?

Currently it is being stored as the Transformation's output:

0 1
0 203
Question
· Mar 24, 2020
Cannot type password in Terminal

I just tried to log into our QA server and connect to Terminal (v 2013.1).

I can type in my username but when I attempt to type my password, no characters are typed. When I press ENTER the password is invalid.

I can connect to the management portal and the studio development environment without any problems. Also, I do not have this problem when connecting to the terminal in our production environment (2010).

Does anyone know what can cause this type of problem?

Thanks.

0 2
0 238

Hello,

We have a tranformation where we would like to convert a date from the following format:

"'dd/mm/yyyy' 'hh:mm'" (double quotes are just visual to indicate this is a string)

to date and time separated:

date: dd/mm/yyyy

time: hh:mm

We have already splitted the datetime into date and hour as follows:

0 1
0 343

InterSystems IRIS 2020.1 brings a broad set of improved and new capabilities to help build important applications. In addition to the many significant performance improvements accrued through 2019.1 and 2020.1, we are introducing one of our biggest changes in recent SQL history: the Universal Query Cache. This article provides more context on its impact to SQL-based applications at a technical level.

14 0
0 792

InterSystems has corrected two defects that, in rare circumstances, can result in data integrity corruption after running global compaction, database compaction, or database defragmentation. InterSystems recommends avoiding these utilities until after applying the corrections listed below.

0 0
0 238

We have a data transformation where source is object collection (populated from a json file) and target is EnsLib.EDI.XML.Document.

If source file is large enough, transformation fails and we get <store> error and I quickly found this:

https://docs.intersystems.com/irislatest/csp/docbook/DocBook.UI.Page.cls?KEY=EBPLR_DTL_foreach which at the bottom in "Avoiding <STORE> Errors with Large Messages" section tells to:

1 1
0 382

Hi Community!

Enjoy watching the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

InterSystems IRIS and Node.js Overview

https://www.youtube.com/embed/e3txoPRzK_Q
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 1
0 397

Hey Developers,

New "Coding Talk" video was specially recorded by @Evgeny Shvarov for the IRIS Programming Contest:

How to Create and Submit an Application for InterSystems IRIS Online Programming Contest 2020

https://www.youtube.com/embed/qyUT195Pic0

0 6
0 283

This message contains three recent HealthShare Advisories, which are available below.

These advisories are also on the InterSystems Product Alerts and Advisories page

• Advisory: Patient data is missing in the HSAA.PatientNumber table
  • Advisory: The UpdatePlan for all cubes and cube groups is set to be Manual instead of BuildSynch
  • Advisory: Slow DELETE query during Health Insight data ingestion

0 0
0 292

GraphQL is a standard for declaring data structures and methods of data access that serves as a middleware layer between the client and the server. If you’ve never heard about GraphQL, here is a couple of useful online resources: here, here and here.

In this article, I will tell you how you can use GraphQL in your projects based on InterSystems technologies.

17 24
10 2.4K

Hi Developers!

In March we are starting our first InterSystems IRIS Programming Contest! It's a competition in creating open-source solutions using InterSystems IRIS Data Platform.

The topic for the first contest is InterSystems IRIS, Docker and ObjectScript!

The contest will last three weeks: March 9-31, 2020.

Prizes:

There will be money prizes for Experts Nomination - winners will be determined by a specially selected jury:

🥇 1st place - $2,000

🥈 2nd place - $1,000

🥉 3rd place - $500

Also, there will be Community Nomination - an application that will receive the most votes in total:

🏆 1st place - $1,000

And we provide winners with high-level badges on Global Masters.

10 27
4 1.8K

There are several options how to deliver user interface(UI) for DeepSee BI solutions. The most common approaches are:

• use native DeepSee Dashboards, get web UI in Zen and deliver it in your web apps.
  • use DeepSee REST API, get and build your own UI widgets and dashboards.

The 1st approach is good because of the possibility to build BI dashboards without coding relatively fast, but you are limited with preset widgets library which is expandable but with a lot of development efforts.

The 2nd provides you the way to use any comprehensive js framework (D3, Highcharts, etc) to visualize your DeepSee data, but you need to code widgets and dashboards on your own.

Today I want to tell you about yet another approach which combines both listed above and provides Angular based web UI for DeepSee Dashboards - DeepSee Web library.

3 16
5 2.1K

Hi Developers,

Please welcome the new video from Global Summit 2019 on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

InterSystems IRIS Cloud Roadmap

https://www.youtube.com/embed/2qvqZzI4xy8

0 0
0 214

Hi ,

I have a code written in cache sql and trying to understand it, below is the code , can anyone help me understand what does that mean

ex - !! dosage_unit !!

SELECT (CASE WHEN (order_description IS NULL OR (order_description='')) THEN '' ELSE (order_description) END) !! (CASE WHEN (dosage IS NULL OR dosage_unit IS NULL OR (dosage='') OR (dosage_unit='')) THEN '' ELSE (', ' !! dosage !! ' ' !! dosage_unit !!

Thank You in advance.

1 12
0 257

Hello Developer Community!

We are looking to better understand how our users use the Documentation. If you have a few minutes, please fill out this quick survey - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HK7F5P7!

Feedback from real users like you in invaluable to us and helps us create better product. Your feedback can go further than the survey - we would love to interview you about your experience, just indicate in the survey that you’re open to talking to us!

0 0
0 144
Question
· Feb 19, 2020
Disabling Telnet

Good Day;

looking at disabling Telnet - on Windows - Cache 2012,2017. The security scans don't need it on network.

But still leave users able to use `Terminal - direct - on the box should be fine.

am posting here for quick refs (as this is a common security vulnerability out there).

Regards;

Anzelem.

0 5
0 579