InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 18,441 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Columnar storage is one of the newer offers provided by InterSystems IRIS. Unlike traditional row-based storage, it optimizes query processing by storing data in columns rather than rows, enabling faster access and retrieval of relevant information.

A couple of articles have been written on when it should be used to give a system the biggest boost, how to create tables like that using SQL

CREATE TABLE table (column1 type1, column2 type2, column3 type3) WITH STORAGETYPE = COLUMNAR  -- ex 1
CREATE TABLE table (column1 type1, column2 type2, column3 type3 WITH STORAGETYPE = COLUMNAR)  -- ex 2

and even the performance tests.

As we all know, InterSystems IRIS is a multi-model DBMS and it gives seamless access to the same data using relational and object access. So the former is covered in other articles, but what about the latter?

4 0
1 67

Translated from the Spanish Community Article Contest.

Following the latest programming contest on OEX I had some surprising observation.
There were almost exclusive applications based on AI in combination with pre-cooked Py modules.
But digging deeper, all examples used the same technical pieces of IRIS.

Seen from point of view of IRIS it was pretty much the same whether searching for text
or searching for images or other pattern. It ended in almost exchangeable methods.

6 0
1 98

Hi Community,

Watch this video to see how HL7® FHIR® Implementation Guides allow you to restrict or extend APIs, resources, and terminologies:

What are HL7 FHIR Implementation Guides

https://www.youtube.com/embed/E9oRde9fHGE
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
1 68

Hi. I am struggling to understand the meaning of different elements of an order in my hospital's EHR.

Page: EPR > All Orders

Question: What is the difference between Start Date and Date Executed and Order End Date? If an order was started on Monday and executeed on Tuesday.. does this mean the patient received the order on Monday or Tuesday? and what is End date?

Also, how do I interpret order status? What is the difference between discontinued, verified, and executed?

0 1
0 48

Hi Community

In this article, I will introduce my application irisChatGPT which is built on LangChain Framework.

First of all, let us have a brief overview of the framework.

The entire world is talking about ChatGPT and how Large Language Models(LLMs) have become so powerful and has been performing beyond expectations, giving human-like conversations. This is just the beginning of how this can be applied to every enterprise and every domain!

9 13
7 1.5K

Beginning with the release of InterSystems IRIS® data platform 2022.3, InterSystems corrected the license enforcement mechanism to include REST and SOAP requests. Due to this change, environments with non-core-based licenses that use REST or SOAP may experience greater license utilization after upgrading.

0 0
0 170

InterSystems FAQ rubric

To disable the timeout, set the query timeout to disabled in the DSN settings:

Windows Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC) > System DSN configuration

If you check Disable query timeout, the timeout will be disabled.

If you want to change it on the application side, you can set it at the ODBC API level.

Set the SQL_ATTR_QUERY_TIMEOUT attribute when calling the ODBC SQLSetStmtAttr function before connecting to the data source.

2 0
0 84

It's Friday and a long weekend is upon us, so let's have a round of code golf!

Nowadays, it's rare to find a text message without at least one emoji. 😃😄😎🙂😊😀😁😆😂
But back in the day, people had to be creative to express their emotions in text. They would use emoticons, which are symbols made up of keyboard characters :^) =] ) B).
Our challenge for today is to create a function that receives a string as argument and returns the total number of smiling faces or happy faces.
Each smiley face must have one smiling mouth, which should be marked with ), ], }, D or >.
A smiley face can have a pair of eyes but it does not have to. Valid characters for eyes are :, ;, 8, B or =.
A nose is optional, and can be represented these characters: -, ^, c, o and ~.

Valid smiley face examples:

:) :D ;-D :~) :‑) :-] =)    
    :] :-> :> 8-) :D 8‑D )
    8) :-} :} :o) :c) :^) =]
    :‑D 8D =D B^D

Input

"count how many smiley faces are here :)"

Output

2 16
1 174

Hello Community!

A new challenge has arrived for you: The Third InterSystems Technical Article writing contest in Spanish is here!

🏆 3rd Technical Articles Contest in Spanish 🏆

Description of the contest: Write an article in Spanish in the Developer Community, on any topic related to InterSystems technology.

Duration: from May 6 to June 2, 2024.

Prizes for all participants: Everyone who publishes an article in Spanish (In the Spanish Community) during the contest period will receive a prize.

Main prize: LEGO Ferrari Daytona SP3 / Magic Gringotts™ Bank - Collector's Edition.

5 1
0 80

Hi,

In my Iris Installation I cannot use python. When I try to install external libraries I get no OPENSSL_Applink:

$ pwd
/cygdrive/c/InterSystems/IRIS2/bin
$ ./irispip install --target ../Mgr/python/ pandas
OPENSSL_Uplink(00007FFBEC2F7068,08): no OPENSSL_Applink

I get the same error when I try to install a wheel file:

0 5
0 55

I am attempting to make a FHIR call against the Epic Repository through Intersystems. I have setup a Service client per Create FHIR REST Client | InterSystems Developer Community | Business

but I have set it up using OAuth and HTTPS.

I have verified that the OAuth works by executing it manually via a Terminal to verify I get a response. Of course, when I do it is writing to the ISCLOG

0 4
0 51

Hey Community,

Play the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Building a FHIR Facade @ Global Summit 2023

https://www.youtube.com/embed/RWyfFWRThxU
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 51

Hi everybody,

I need to connect a Caché database to Metabase, but Metabase does not support this database.
Metabase only supports these databases:

- Amazon Athena
- BigQuery (Google Cloud Platform)
- Druid
- MongoDB (recommend version 4.2 or higher)
- MySQL (recommend version 8.0.33 or higher, as well as MariaDB version 10.4 or higher)
- Oracle
- PostgreSQL
- Presto
- Redshift (Amazon Web Services)
- Snowflake
- SparkSQL
- SQL Server
- SQLite
- Vertica

0 2
0 68

Good morning, 🙂

I would like to ask a question, which has to do with how to manage %GlobalCharacterStream representing JSONS.

Thank you for reading this question, thank you for your help, and thank you for your time and attention.

Specifically, in a certain Process, we were querying 2 Operations, whose response we were converting to a Property called "informesAutorizadosRangoFechas" (reportsAuthorizedInRangeDates) which is %GlobalCharacterStream whose content is a JSON with the same structure.

0 5
0 131