version cache for windows, 2017.2.1 build 801_3 - windows 10

I had this system set up for 3+ years now, and background tasks such as converting emails,  have always worked, suddenly it's stopped working and I've tracked it down to any network references.

reading the emails, I look for any attachment files, and save them to a network drive before processing them within a class method,

I've been testing it by sending exactly the same email repeatedly and checking the saving of the attached file in both the background and in the terminal.

00
0 11 99

cache 2017.2 windows 10

Is there any way to change the sql Shell interface to output a <TAB> between the fields instead of outputting one or more spaces between columns

 

I needed to run an sql ( that took a while to run) and then  cut and paste the generated output into excel, trouble was the paste into excel was not very good for columns when there's spaces used between the columns

 

kev

00
0 3 56

cache 2017.2.1 (Build 801_3)

when I look into the "sql statements" ( sql page of the management portal ) I have lots of old statements with a lot of them frozen. many of them are %sqlcq routines (I believe these are the SLQ's I run when testing/running random SQL queries in the sql page. )

I can clearly see where I can click on an individual query and untick an individual query to unfreeze it. or delete it. but thats a painful slow process. I can't see anywhere to delete/change multiple queries

00
0 2 98

I've just been tempted to the option exchange (curiosity) and when browsing, I often right-click, and open links in a new tab, eventually ;-) I have enough interesting open tabs to go off and read the tabbed articles,

I can't do this in open exchange, it will only allow a direct click to open the url.

even worse, when I come back (to where I left off) It starts from the top of the page.

any chance of changing the url's to allow us to right click and open in a new tab

20
0 3 122

I need to automate the handling of usernames passwords, serverNames etc for use in the sending and receiving  of emails, logging into SFTP servers etc etc for use within COS code
To manage external passwords we could use LastPass or any other proprietary password loggers, but I need to be able to call them as part of the automation (COS code) and occasionally visually look them up to "remind" the staff of their passwords.

any suggestions as to the best class data constructs to handle this scenario. Should the whole table be encrypted, only the passwords etc.

00
0 9 279

I'm using cache  win10-x64  version 2017.2.1.801

I want to uniquely identify the installation of cache, and from that create a meaningful unique folder names to store files. 

so to generate \192-168-1-100\KEVDEV\testfolder \ and \192-168-1-5\LIVE\testfolder\

so in this case, I could- use the IPaddress and thesecond part of $SYSTEM (cache instance name) - at least this way, I can instantly see where it came from with little risk of overwriting between cache instance.

00
0 8 460

I use macros everyday, but its the first time I want to create a macro like this

I want to create a new macro whereby I can pass a variable amount of parameters

the macro (much simplified version) would be 

#define myMacro(%params)         $listBuild(any Number Of %params I pass in)

so I want to be able to call $$$myMacro(user,ID,vehicle)         ie 3 parameters would generate

$lb(user,ID,vehicle)

but equally I might want to call that same macro $$$myMacro(companyID)          ie 1 paramter and would generate

$lb(companyID)

00
0 4 251

most of my jSON data is single words, but when it comes to sending chunks of a memo/email via JSON, that totally different

which is the correct conversion process to prepare data ready to insert into the data part of a JSON string so that all problem characters are converted

JSON of course crashes if you use the wrong format of quotes (single or double) and you ned up having to use &QUOT and \' to get around that but is there a simple call to something that will just take care of preparing the data from the JSON string both on the inward and outward part of JSON

00
0 13 333

Cache 2016.2.1.603 for windows)

I created a few classes and one class called jitPod.Api.toServer.additionalConsignments and realised even before I did any work,, that the word "Api" (note capital A) needed to be "api" (all lowercase)

it would not allow copying the class to the lowercase name because the directory already exists (i understand that)

so I exported the class to an XML, edited the xml to become lowercase "api" , deleted all the classes (and directory name) and re-imported the class.

00
0 19 464