In this article, I will introduce Python Flask Web Framework. Together we will create a minimal web application to connect to IRIS and get data from it.
Below you can find the steps we will need to follow:
- Step 1 : Introduction to Python Flask Web Framework
- Step 2 : Installation of Flask module
- Step 3 : Creation of web application using Flask
- Step 4 : Use of HTML Templates
- Step 5 : Installation of IRIS Python Native module
- Step 6 : Establishment of a connection with IRIS
- Step 7 : Transferring data from IRIS to Flask and displaying it
So Let's start with step 1
Step1-Introduction to Python Flask Web Framework
Flask is a small and lightweight Python web framework that provides useful tools and features that make creating web applications in Python easier. It gives developers flexibility and is a more accessible framework for new developers since it allows to build a web application quickly using only a single Python file. Flask is also extensible and doesn’t requires a particular directory structure or complicated boilerplate code before getting started.
For more details please view Flask Documentations