Hi Developers,

Enjoy watching the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Resilient Deployments in the Cloud

https://www.youtube.com/embed/dBDQvFRBlZQ
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 233
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,823 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Most of us are more or less familiar with Docker. Those who use it like it for the way it lets us easily deploy almost any application, play with it, break something and then restore the application with a simple restart of the Docker container.

5 1
4 822
Question
· Apr 28, 2020
Git plugin for Cache Studio

Has anyone recently deployed the cache-git-studio plugin from Github repo?

In particular, I see that this plugin is installed at the namespace level, so it appears for each user have their commits in their own name, they must all be running a locally installed cache server when doing their dev work. I suspect that is the preferred way.

In my organization they are currently just accessing a remote cache server from Studio. In that scenario, it looks like it would be one installation of git for the whole team. and thus only one shared git user.

0 3
0 530

Hi community,

I need to write an SQL query to fetch a random record from a table, that table has millions of data.

In postgresql, for example, there is a RANDOM() function to do something like that:

SELECT column FROM table
ORDER BY RANDOM()
LIMIT 1

Is it possible to do something like that in Caché?

Thanks in advance

0 8
0 634

The Caché System Management Portal includes a robust web-based SQL query tool, but for some applications it’s more convenient to use a dedicated SQL client installed on a user’s PC.

SQuirreL SQL is a well known open source SQL client built in Java, which uses JDBC to connect to a DBMS. As such, we can configure SQuirreL to connect to Caché using the Caché JDBC driver.

9 11
1 10.6K

Hi Developers,

Please welcome the new video specially recorded by InterSystems Product Manager @Bob Kuszewski for the 3rd InterSystems Online Programming Contest on InterSystems IRIS Native API:

Using the IRIS Native API GitHub Template

https://www.youtube.com/embed/bowj02anRM8
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

What’s the contest about?

In the last year, InterSystems added and expanded Native APIs for Java, .NET, Python, and Node.js. The Native API provides high speed access to globals, the ability to instantiate and use ObjectScript objects, and fine-grained control over transactions.

1 6
0 452

I have been using %Net.FtpSession and while it works, its handling of file/directory listings from an FTP server is less than ideal and, while this is due to the FTP protocol itself, the class could be written to handle this as would an FTP client such as FileZilla and command line/class FTP handlers for other languages. I was wondering if anyone knows how the Ensemble adaptor works with this in case it provides code that would help, though the source does not seem to be available. Below are the issues I see in FTP, some are based on past experience writing our own FTP handler in the past

1 2
0 407

InterSystems has corrected two defects that affect online backup of very large databases. Backups taken via external methods, such as snapshots or direct file copies, are not affected. These defects exist in all released versions of all InterSystems products.

2 0
0 225

Hello Community,

I want to secure a SOAP Webservice (an EnsLib.SOAP.Service one, if that matters) adding a SSL/Username Policy to it. As im not sure how detailed my request here should get, ill try giving a detailed as-is description of my setup, what I've tried, how I tried to test the connection and what problems including some logs I ran into.

As a small foreword: I'm pretty new to the whole security aspect of intersystems and soap itself.

System:

1 3
0 614

Hello,

We are trying to connect to a database through a JavaGateway.

We observe that the JavaGateway reports:

Failed to start the Java Gateway server: ERROR #5002: Error de cache: <UNDEFINED>zGetJavaVersion+22^%Net.Remote.Service.1 *versionWithPrefix

We have checked that we do have the Java Home set:

/usr/java/jdk1.8.0_65

And we have seen the java files in the server:

0 2
0 506

I am trying to create REST API following these instructions: https://docs.intersystems.com/irislatest/csp/docbook/Doc.View.cls?KEY=GREST_apimgmnt

However it does not work.

I tried downloaded the v2.0 schema.json of the OpenAPI specification and pasted it on Postman with the parameters as speicifed, but I get this error message back:

0 4
0 372

Hello all, I have a question about constucting thousands of clones, and scope.

In my code, I'm looping through a database, say 200k+ objects, and creating a clone of each object (we need to evaluate a modified clone of the object, but not account for what's on disk).

I see this a lot in the documentation:

1 7
0 560

Hi Community,

The new video from Global Summit 2019 is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Leveraging Containers for DevOps

https://www.youtube.com/embed/i02IfQnk5zE

0 0
0 289

Hi Community,

We're pleased to invite you to join the upcoming InterSystems IRIS 2020.1 Tech Talk: Integrated Development Environments on May 19 at 10:00 AM EDT!

In this edition of InterSystems IRIS 2020.1 Tech Talks, we put the spotlight on Integrated Development Environments (IDEs). We'll talk about InterSystems latest initiative with the open source ObjectScript extension to Visual Studio Code, discussing what workflows are particularly suited to this IDE, how development, support, and enhancement requests will work in an open source ecosystem, and more.

2 1
0 389

Hi Community!

We are glad to invite all the developers to the upcoming InterSystems IRIS Native API Contest Kick-Off Webinar! The topic of this webinar is dedicated to the 3rd IRIS Programming Contest.

Date & Time: Monday, May 18 — 9:00 AM EDT

Speakers:
@Bob Kuszewski, InterSystems Product Manager
@Evgeny Shvarov, InterSystems Developer Ecosystem Manager

What awaits you? Please check the agenda below:

1 1
0 289

Hi Developers!

As discussed in previous parts of Package Manager stories to turn your IRIS application into a deployable package you just need to introduce the module.xml file into the root folder of the repository and describe all the resources.

I’m pleased to introduce you to a new project template on Open Exchange which contains examples of how to make different types of resources of your InterSystems IRIS application a part of the ObjectScript package and so make the deployable ObjectSctipt package.

Let's see how you can describe your application resources using this template project as an example.

See the details below.

4 2
7 464
Article
· May 15, 2020 3m read
Debugging in HealthShare

Hi, if you develop production with HealthShare, you may have noticed there is a nice tracing feature available - HS.Util.Trace.Operations. This feature allows visually tracing debug information, in structured way. It complements good old logging macros like $$$LOGINFO, $$$TRACE and alike.

I use this feature a lot. However, it has limited functionality, it works nice with classes that extend XML Adapter, streams or data types, but it doesn't work well with arbitrary objects that do no extend from XML Adapter.

3 2
0 555