Great Opportunity for a Cache Specialist
Our client is a UK-based company with subsidiary operations in the USA, France, Germany and China. The Company supplies materials which are used for research, development, and specialised manufacturing applications worldwide. The Business Intelligence department is a small but integral part of the company. The department provides support to the wider business through information systems. We are currently seeking a Business Intelligence Caché Specialist that will be responsible for supporting and developing the existing Caché system, which is used widely within the business. We are based in Huntingdon, Cambridge and the ideal candidate would be able to work from the office, however hybrid/home working will be considered.
- Manage the Caché helpdesk, providing first line support for day-to-day issues.
- Develop the existing suite of reports from Caché and create new reports as required.
- Extract data from Caché into other business reporting tools as required.
- Manage and implement changes to the Caché system, ensuring adequate scoping and testing of all changes.
- Update and maintain documentation of the Caché system.
- A minimum of three years’ experience working with and developing Inter-Systems Caché.
- Developer experience essential.
- Good attention to detail and a methodical nature, but with a pragmatic approach to solutions.
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude, with an eager and proactive approach.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft packages especially Excel
- Enthusiasm to work as a team player and due to the varied nature of the work adaptability and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Some materials science knowledge would be advantageous but not essential.
- This is a full-time post of 37.5 hours per week worked at agreed times between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Salary is depending on experience ranging from £40,000 to £60,000.
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Private Health Insurance
- Income protection and critical illness
- Life Assurance