Hey Developers,

Enjoy watching the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Real-Life Experiences Migrating a Caché Application Portfolio to InterSystems IRIS @ Global Summit 2022

https://www.youtube.com/embed/xUIULmh6LhY
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 310
Question
· Feb 21, 2023
User access

Hi Guys,

How to create a user that can have access to only one specific Zen page of an application?

Thanks

0 3
0 157

Any ideas on how this can be solved?

I need to use it with some Unicode text, in Docker image. And get this error. And documentation says nothing about it.

USER>do $zf(-100, "/SHELL", "echo", "test")
test

USER>do $zf(-100, "/SHELL", "echo", "test тест")

DO $ZF(-100, "/SHELL", "echo", "test тест")
^
<TRANSLATE>

I know that it works in some Linux environments without Docker, but no idea where is the difference.

0 2
0 155
Question
· Feb 20, 2023
Roles and user access

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for an easy to allow certain user to only have access to one CSP or Zen page from my application, my thoughts is to create a role to only access that specific page then allocate that role to my user, but can find the Zen page so I can allocate it to a role?

Thanks

0 1
0 181

Hi, I am facing below error while sending the data from one namespace to another namespace.

ERROR <Ens>ErrFailureTimeout: FailureTimeout of 15 seconds exceeded in EnsLib.TCP.PassthroughOperation; status from last attempt was ERROR <Ens>ErrOutConnectionLost: Lost TCP Counted Read connection to xx.xxxx.xxs- detected via ERROR <Ens>ErrException: <READ>zReadCountedStream+10 ^EnsLib.TCP.CountedCommon.1|Block Count -- logged as '-'
number - @'
Else { Read tLenStr#4:pStartTimeout Set tTimedOut = '$Test }'

0 3
0 238

Hi:

I don't understand how to use this open exchange item for auto creating deleting items. I think it assumes knowledge in the steps of how to use it which i don't get.

Added the code into dev on SRFT.Utility.DeleteHelper.OnDeleteSuper and SRFT.Utility.DeleteHelper.AddHelper

current class is

0 2
0 184

Hi

I am upgrading our application from dotNet Framework to dotNet Core.

Prior to the upgrade I was able to connect to both my Cache & IRIS instances using the IRIS ADO.NET driver.

However, in dotNet Core, whilst I can connect to IRIS, I get the following error connecting to Cache.

InterSystems IRIS Provider is not compatible with Cache xDBC server

I am using the IRIS driver from the Windows (x86-64) 2022.1 distribution (the one in dev\dotnet\bin\net5.0).

The cache version is Cache for Windows (x86-64) 2018.1.2

Thanks

0 4
0 410

Hi we have started to get rid of orphaned data and would like to soon compact and truncate the database as will have about 40gb free to return to filesystem after the few weeks of running the new task.

The idea would be to do this on the shadow server first of mirror rather than primary.

Is there any reason this is a bad idea? Considering this needs done on both servers of mirrored db? As idea would be to do this on shadow server before we failover to the server a few days afterwards. And do the same for the month afterwards.

0 3
0 156

So I have a base string that I want to sign using RSA-SHA256. I have a .p12 file and passphrase to get the RSA Private key using NodeJS (pem.readPkcs12 library), which I don't know how to do that in intersystems as well. (would appreciate if you can include a solution for that too)

The main problem here is I am trying to sign a string and print the result to terminal, using the code below in a routine (.mac file).

0 2
0 437
Question
· Feb 6, 2023
irissqlcli install

Hi,

I'd like to try out irissqlcli.

My server, that has IRIS installed on it, is SUSE (SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP1).

How do install this product from GitHub? Detailed instructions would be great!

It would be best if I can download the software from GitHub and then get pip to install from that downloaded file repo.

The recommended:

pip install -U irissqlcli

does not work and comes back with "

0 7
0 235

Is there an easy way to open classes in VS Code?

In studio you go open and just type the class name and it opens up the class.

In VS Code need to know the full path, is there a quick way? It is probably the one thing preventing from using VSCode full time (apart from not seeing the .luts or csp files)

0 15
0 2.7K

I built a dashboard to show hourly instrument capacities based on a term list. The term list consists of the TestInstrumentID and the number of tests that instrument can perform in 1 hour. The calculation works correctly and the data is accurate but periodically if you go to check the dashboard the percentages all get changed to 100% across every hour. If you check it later or add an additional site to the filter then the percentages correct themselves. I don't know what's causing this or how to troubleshoot it because it does calculate correctly but is not consistent.

0 6
0 191
Question
· Jun 2, 2017
Decoding Base64 PDF File

Hello, I am writing some cache code that will pick up a PDF file, Base64 encode the contents and then send on to a third party system within a Long String (via their API). I have been testing this and discovered that the PDFs do not open within the supplier system (I get an error saying that it hasn't been decoded correctly). I wanted to prove that the issue does not lie with the way that I have Base64 encoded it within Ensemble, and therefore as a test wanted to Encode the PDF stream, then decode the stream and write out to a new file.

0 13
0 5.7K

Can someone confirm that HealthShare Health Connect 2022.2 is the correct latest release that is available via the Online Distribution? I tried looking at the HealthShare Health Connect on WRC and now do not see a 2022.2 or 2022.3 version. Is this correct? So I shouldn't be running 2022.2? Did Health Connect get renamed? A couple of months ago I downloaded HealthConnect-2022.2.0.368.0-lnxrh8x64 but not seeing it now on the WRC site.

0 2
0 194

Does anyone have experience with installing the Arbiter Container using Podman instead of Docker in a Red Hat environment? I was able to pull down the docker image, but unsure what are the next steps as I am confused on how to start the container using Podman and ensure the parameters are set appropriately? Does anyone have the steps that I should take? Should I go through the WRC? Does the WRC have experience using Podman?

Or should I just install the ISC Agent instead of using the Container?

Please and thanks,

Scott Roth

0 7
0 351

Hi folks!

Have a question for those who are masters of interoperability.

I have a basic task of having one CSV with some data. I need to transform one column in the initial dataset and get the new csv with the same form.

What's the best approach with Interoperability?

Should I user record mapper?

Should I use streams, objects?

What is the best practice?

0 12
0 517

Out of curiosity, I was looking in ^ROUTINE global to see how routines are stored internally.

I found out that lot of nodes are displaying "~pointer" as associated value (eg: instead of a string).

What are those pointers ? My guess is that it references some cache internal structure (eg: some nodes inside a B-Tree).

Is there a easily way to see what is behind ? Are pointers useful for user globals or is this something purely internal to Cache database ?

0 1
0 208

This error I am getting when I am updating cache.dat file:

02/13/23-22:38:11:880 (3444) 3 Error: ERROR #5002: Cache error: <FUNCTION>LoadDLLs+27^STU - Shutting down the system.

This error I am getting whenever I am compiling any of my production or compiling Enslib.HL7.Adapter.TCPOutboundAdapter

#5002: Cache error: <SUBSCRIPT>ConstructCompileTree+72^%occInherit ^oddCOM("")

Can anyone help me with this ?

0 2
0 148

Dear DC Member!

We're thrilled to invite you to the webinar of George James Software, InterSystems partners:

👉 "Demo of Deltanji: source control tailored for InterSystems IRIS" 👈

Join this webinar to learn how the Deltanji source control can seamlessly integrate into your development lifecycle and see a demonstration.

🗓️ Date & Time: Thursday, February 23, 4 pm GMT | 5 pm CET | 11 am ET

0 0
0 28

Hi Community,

Let's meet together at the online meetup with the winners of the InterSystems Developer Tools Contest – a great opportunity to have a discussion with the InterSystems Experts team as well as our contestants.

Winners' demo included!

Date & Time: Thursday, February 16, 5 PM GMT | 12 PM EST

0 0
0 159