InterSystems Data Platforms Capacity Planning and Performance Series Index
This is a list of all the posts in the Data Platforms’ capacity planning and performance series in order. Also a general list of my other posts. I will update as new posts in the series are added.
You will notice that I wrote some posts before IRIS was released and refer to Caché. I will revisit the posts over time, but in the meantime, Generally, the advice for configuration is the same for Caché and IRIS. Some command names may have changed; the most obvious example is that anywhere you see the
^pButtonscommand, you can replace it with
While some posts are updated to preserve links, others will be marked as
strikethroughto indicate that the post is legacy. Generally, I will say, "See: some other post" if it is appropriate.
Capacity Planning and Performance Series
Generally, posts build on previous ones, but you can also just dive into subjects that look interesting.
- Part 1 - Getting started on the Journey, collecting metrics.
- Part 2 - Looking at the metrics we collected.
- Part 3 - Focus on CPU.
- Part 4 - Looking at memory.
- Part 5 - Monitoring with SNMP.
- Part 6 - Caché storage IO profile.
- Part 7 - ECP for performance, scalability and availability.
- Part 8 - Hyper-Converged Infrastructure Capacity and Performance Planning
- Part 9 - Caché VMware Best Practice Guide
- Part 10 - VM Backups and Caché freeze/thaw scripts
- Part 11 - Virtualizing large databases - VMware cpu capacity planning
This is a collection of posts generally related to Architecture I have on the Community.
- Using an LVM stripe to increase AWS EBS IOPS and Throughput.
- YASPE - Parse and chart InterSystems Caché pButtons and InterSystems IRIS SystemPerformance files for quick performance analysis of Operating System and IRIS metrics.
- SAM - Hacks and Tips for set up and adding metrics from non-IRIS targets
- Monitoring InterSystems IRIS Using Built-in REST API - Using Prometheus format.
- Example: Review Monitor Metrics From InterSystems IRIS Using Default REST API
- InterSystems Data Platforms and performance – how to update pButtons.
- Extracting pButtons data to a csv file for easy charting.
- Provision a Caché application using Ansible - Part 1.
- Windows, Caché and virus scanners.
- ECP Magic.
- Markdown workflow for creating Community posts.
Yape - Yet another pButtons extractor (and automatically create charts)See: YASPE.
- How long does it take to encrypt a database?
- Minimum Monitoring and Alerting Solution
- LVM PE Striping to maximize Hyper-Converged storage throughput
- Unpacking pButtons with Yape - update notes and quick guides
- Decoding Intel processor models reported by Windows
Principle Technology Architect
Follow the community or @murrayoldfield on Twitter