InterSystems Developer Tools Contest
We'd like to invite you to join our next contest dedicated to creating useful tools to make your fellow developers' lives easier:
Submit an application that helps to develop faster, contributes more qualitative code, and helps in testing, deployment, support, or monitoring of your solution with InterSystems IRIS.
Duration: January 23 - February 12, 2023
Prize pool: $13,500
💡 InterSystems IRIS developer tools 💡
In this contest, we expect applications that improve developer experience with IRIS, help to develop faster, contribute more qualitative code, help to test, deploy, support, or monitor your solution with InterSystems IRIS.
- Accepted applications: new to Open Exchange apps or existing ones, but with a significant improvement. Our team will review all applications before approving them for the contest.
- The application should work on InterSystems IRIS Community Edition.
- Types of applications that match: UI-frameworks, IDE, Database management, monitoring, deployment tools, etc.
- The application should be an Open Source application and published on GitHub.
- The README file to the application should be in English, contain the installation steps, and contain either the video demo or/and a description of how the application works.
- One developer can enter the competition with a maximum of 3 applications.
1. Experts Nomination - a specially selected jury will determine the winners:
🥇 1st place - $5,000
🥈 2nd place - $3,000
🥉 3rd place - $1,500
🏅 4th place - $750
🏅 5th place - $500
🌟 6-10th places - $100
2. Community winners - an application that will receive the most votes in total:
🥇 1st place - $750
🥈 2nd place - $500
🥉 3rd place - $250
If several participants score the same amount of votes, they all are considered winners, and the money prize is shared among the winners.
🛠 Application development and registration phase:
- January 23, 2023 (00:00 EST): Contest begins.
- February 5, 2023 (23:59 EST): Deadline for submissions.
✅ Voting period:
- February 6, 2023 (00:00 EST): Voting begins.
- February 12, 2023 (23:59 EST): Voting ends.
Note: Developers can improve their apps throughout the entire registration and voting period.
Who can participate?
Any Developer Community member, except for InterSystems employees. Create an account!
👥 Developers can team up to create a collaborative application. Allowed from 2 to 5 developers in one team.
Do not forget to highlight your team members in the README of your application – DC user profiles.
✓ Example applications:
- iris-rad-studio - RAD for UI
- cmPurgeBackup - backup tool
- errors-global-analytics - errors visualization
- objectscript-openapi-definition - open API generator
- Test Coverage Tool - test coverage helper
- and many more.
✓ Templates we suggest to start from:
✓ For beginners with IRIS:
✓ For beginners with ObjectScript Package Manager (ZPM):
- How to Build, Test and Publish ZPM Package with REST Application for InterSystems IRIS
- Package First Development Approach with InterSystems IRIS and ZPM
✓ How to submit your app to the contest:
Join the contest channel on InterSystems' Discord server or talk with us in the comment to this post.
We can't wait to see your projects! Good luck 👍
By participating in this contest, you agree to the competition terms laid out here. Please read them carefully before proceeding.