It's been 6 months since InterSystems released Atelier 1.0 and we continue to roll out enhancements and new features through the beta channel (please see the Atelier Download page for details). In the meantime, we have received a lot of messages from the Developer Community with ideas for further improvements. Based on your feedback, we created a roadmap for Atelier 1.1 so you can conveniently track when specific features are going to be integrated.
Below is a list of the major improvements planned for 1.1, which we are expecting to demo at the Global Summit.
1. Legacy File Support – You will no longer have to convert XML files to UDL, though conversion is still recommended.
2. Performance Improvements – Tasks that were slow in Atelier 1.0, such as copying files to a project, will show significant improvements.
3. CSP Debugging – We are adding support for debugging in CSP, along with a more robust and user-friendly UI design.
4. Code Completion – Macro completion and other improvements will be added.
5. Source Code Navigation – We will introduce highly-requested navigation features such as server text search, the ability to easily view inheritance, and ‘go to’ line plus offset.
6. Edit Strategy – Full auto-formatting support.
7. Connection Configuration – Secure & IPv6 connections.
8. Cube-apps Access – You will be able to jump to the Management Portal, view documentation, and test with a Terminal, all directly from Atelier.
We will continually update the Atelier Roadmap to share the progress with you. Please feel free to leave comments and let us know what you think.
Atelier 1.1 Beta Updates: