The other commenters have good suggestions but I would recommend additionally collecting a pButtons to compare. Try and determine if there are any differences other than OS - hardware, memory configuration, global mappings, or anything else. We want to make sure we're comparing apples to apples! If everything seems to be the same, then you could reach out to the WRC who can help investigate this further.

As far as I know I don't think this behavior has changed in 2020. While I was testing the monitor myself recently I noticed the dropdowns getting cleared but when I saw that auto-refresh was disabled in newer versions I didn't  think I needed to follow up on this. If you disable the refresh global you'll find that the tagline of 60s refresh no longer appears as well.

If you really felt this was worth changing I'd recommend that you reach out to your ISC representative (or the WRC) but I would be prepared for the response that the monitor is not intended to be a complete solution. That is not to say that a change to help alleviate the behavior are seeing would not be considered, so if this is really tripping you up it would be worth reporting - maybe others have the same pain and there's enough momentum to get this addressed.

You may find the following article useful in terms of building your own monitoring solution.

https://community.intersystems.com/post/monitoring-intersystems-iris-using-built-rest-api

Hope that helps.

Hello Julian,

The default behavior in your version would be for the activity monitor page to not auto-refresh, but I saw in one of your posts that you have enabled SMP auto-refresh.

https://community.intersystems.com/post/queues-refresh-iris-20191

The activity monitor dashboard is really just a starting point - once you start collecting data using the activity monitor you can easily access the monitor tables such as ens_activity_data.days with SQL.

Hi Julian,

You're using curly brackets rather than parentheses at the outermost level. If that still presents an issue I'd recommend adding some traces to see what's actually getting referenced.

Hi Julian,

You could do this with a custom Ensemble utility function but from your description I think parenthesis syntax should work just fine.

Defining Custom Utility Functions

Parenthesis () Syntax

HL7.(PIDgrpgrp(1).ORCgrp().OBR:UniversalServiceIdentifier.identifier) should return a concatenated string from looping through the ORCgrps - you could then search that string to find the value you are looking for.

Hope that helps!

I second Robert's recommendation to check the lock table. It is probably best to understand what else is holding the lock than to just try and release the lock - the lock might be there for a reason, and if not you should look into what is taking it out and why.

Oliver's suggestion to verify that the lock table isn't full is also a good one.

Hi Jordan,

Check out the docs on private/public variables here:

Callable User-defined Code Modules

Variables

You can pass the variable to the subroutine as a parameter or declare it a public variable - my guess it passing it as a parameter would be the "safer" option.

Hello Eric,

This message indicates that an Ensemble job had unexpectedly terminated. I would recommend checking OS logs or looking for other events that could have triggered a process termination outside of Ensemble.