InterSystems Official
· May 2, 2022

VS Code ObjectScript extension release 1.8.0

This month I announce the release of version 1.8.0 of the VS Code extension, which contains the following enhancements and bug fixes.

The big news is support for server-side project files as some of you old-timers will remember from Studio. If you work client-side, VS Code already has great project management features. You can simply use a folder as a project, or use multi-root workspaces. But if you work server-side, you might appreciate some better artifact management capabilities, and that's what this feature is about. Read more in this new Projects chapter of the documentation.

Change Log for 1.8.0

• Enhancements
    • Add support for server-side projects (#851)
    • Implement isfs folder rename and deletion (#923, #922)
    • Support "mapped" flag for isfs and export filters, to exclude packages mapped from other databases (#931)

The full changelog for all releases is here.

As always, if you already have the extension installed, VS Code should automatically update your extension. If you're a new user, use these instructions to get started. 

Discussion (3)3

This VS Code extension has been really amazing to use so far. As a first time intern I have never seen a VS Code plugin like this and it completed changed my view on what was possible with VS Code. Other than some very rare syntax highlighting bugs that cause some lines of code to show as errors(red) or comments (green) when they are not, the development experience has been really smooth. Thank you!