InterSystems Security Contest
Welcome to the next InterSystems online programming competition:
Duration: November 15 - December 05, 2021
Prizes: $9,450 in prizes!
1. Experts Nomination - a specially selected jury will determine winners:
🥇 1st place - $4,000
🥈 2nd place - $2,000
🥉 3rd place - $1,000
🌟 4-10th places - $100
2. Community winners - applications that will receive the most votes in total:
🥇 1st place - $1,000
🥈 2nd place - $500
🥉 3rd place - $250
If several participants score the same amount of votes, they all are considered winners, and the money prize is shared among the winners.
Who can participate?
Any Developer Community member, except for InterSystems employees (ISC contractors allowed). Create an account!
👥 Developers can team up to create a collaborative application. Allowed from 2 to 5 developers in one team.
Do not forget to highlight your team members in the README of your application – DC user profiles.
🛠 November 15 - 28: Application development and registration phase.
✅ November 29 - December 05: Voting period.
Note: Developers can improve their apps throughout the entire registration and voting period.
In the security contest, we encourage developers to share the solutions that show how to perform security tasks related to InterSystems IRIS and InterSystems IRIS for Health. We invite you to contribute apps that will reveal tasks related to the Authentication, Authorization, Auditing and Encryption parts of the InterSystems Security Model.
Such tasks could be:
- OAuth/OpenID/SAML/LDAP Authentication implementations.
- PKI implementations
- Access Management to certain parts of a REST API: application-level security, role/user-level security.
- Access Management to data: on a database, table, column, or row-level access.
- Access to interoperability components
- Access to IRIS BI components: cubes, pivots, dashboards etc.
- DevOps questions of authorization (users, roles, resources) and authentication (OAuth) settings.
- Developer and support tools related to authentication and authorization.
- Your idea!
- Accepted applications: new to Open Exchange apps or existing ones, but with a significant improvement. Our team will review all applications before approving them for the contest.
- The application should work either on IRIS Community Edition or IRIS for Health Community Edition or IRIS Advanced Analytics Community Edition.
- The application should be Open Source and published on GitHub.
- The README file to the application should be in English, contain the installation steps, and contain either the video demo or/and a description of how the application works.
1. For beginners with InterSystems IRIS:
2. For beginners with ObjectScript Package Manager (ZPM):
- How to Build, Test and Publish ZPM Package with REST Application for InterSystems IRIS
- Package First Development Approach with InterSystems IRIS and ZPM
3. How to submit your app to the contest:
4. Documentation, courses, and videos:
- Security Documentation
- Course: InterSystems Security Basics
- Video: Active Directory Integration with LDAP
- Video: Configuring a Web Server for IIS for Better Performance and Security
- Video: Webinar: Securing the Management Portal
- Video: Advances in Security
- Article: Building an FHIR Repository + OAuth2 Authorization Server/Resource Server Configuration on IRIS for Health Part 1
- Article: InterSystems IRIS Open Authorization Framework (OAuth 2.0) implementation - part 1
- Article: Protect your REST API applying OWASP Top Ten
Voting rules will be announced soon. Stay tuned!
We're waiting for YOUR project – join our coding marathon to win!
❗️ Please check out the Official Contest Terms here.❗️