InterSystems Python Contest
We are pleased to invite you all to the next InterSystems online programming contest focused on Python!
🏆 InterSystems Python Contest 🏆
Duration: February 7 - 27, 2022
In prizes: $10K - more prizes included!
1. Experts Nomination - a specially selected jury will determine winners:
🥇 1st place - $4,000
🥈 2nd place - $2,000
🥉 3rd place - $1,000
🌟 4-15th places - $100
2. Community winners - applications that will receive the most votes in total:
🥇 1st place - $1,000
🥈 2nd place - $750
🥉 3rd place - $500
If several participants score the same amount of votes, they all are considered winners, and the money prize is shared among the winners.
Who can participate?
Any Developer Community member, except for InterSystems employees (ISC contractors allowed). Create an account!
Developers can team up to create a collaborative application. Allowed from 2 to 5 developers in one team.
Do not forget to highlight your team members in the README of your application – DC user profiles.
🛠 February 7 - 20: Application development and registration phase.
✅ February 21 - 27: Voting period.
Note: Developers can improve their apps throughout the entire registration and voting period.
The recent release of InterSystems IRIS 2021.2 brings Embedded Python functionality and also extends PEX to Python. We invite you to use Embedded Python in a new programming contest! Applications that use Native API for Python or PEX for Python are welcomed too.
Submit an open-source application that uses either Embedded Python or Native API for Python or Python PEX for Python with InterSystems IRIS or InterSystems IRIS for Health.
- Accepted applications: new to Open Exchange apps or existing ones, but with a significant improvement. Our team will review all applications before approving them for the contest.
- The application should work either on IRIS Community Edition or IRIS for Health Community Edition or IRIS Advanced Analytics Community Edition.
- The application should be Open Source and published on GitHub.
- The README file to the application should be in English, contain the installation steps, and contain either the video demo or/and a description of how the application works.
1. Developing Python Applications with InterSystems IRIS:
- Learning Path Writing Python Application with InterSystems
- Embedded Python Documentation
- Native API for Python Documentation
- PEX Documentation
2. For beginners with ObjectScript Package Manager (ZPM):
- How to Build, Test and Publish ZPM Package with REST Application for InterSystems IRIS
- Package First Development Approach with InterSystems IRIS and ZPM
3. How to submit your app to the contest:
4. Example applications:
- Introduction to Embedded Python
- Embedded Python: Bring the Python Ecosystem to Your ObjectScript App
- Embedded Python for ObjectScript Developers: Working with Python and ObjectScript Side-By-Side
- Embedded Python with Interoperability
- InterSystems IRIS Native Python API in AWS Lambda
Voting rules will be announced soon. Stay tuned!
We're waiting for YOUR project – join our coding marathon to win!
❗️ Please check out the Official Contest Terms here.❗️