I think the forum experience is great as whole, but it could improve even more if we had somewhere to share our ideas. So that's why I'm creating a thread dedicated for that purpose. Maybe this way someone from InterSystems could catch something good?
Now let me begin.
- Reduce reply shrinking ratio. Shrinking too much can make the reading experience a pain on mobile devices as the discussion goes on. Even normal browser can suffer with this layout if a single post gets more than 5 replies.
- Allow a single reply to be selected as the answer. You'll notice that the first WYSIWYG you get is to REPLY the OP, and replies don't support answer checks.
- Set a sticky note that advices the user to choice an answer so that he won't forget.
- Allow the user to update it's Answer choice.
- This one is related to no 3, instead of showing the reply editor right from the beginning, hide it untill the user clicks on Add new comment. This way, the first editor the user will see is for answering.
- Drafts should be versionable if the user wants to, this is probably the hardest feature to implement, but long posts would really appreciate it. The amount of versions could be limited though.
- Tutorial tag? Seriously... there'are sufficient tutorial threads to deserve a tutorial tag. I wouldn't consider Online Learning the same as tutorial.
Anyone else for a follow-up?
Thank you for your patience.