Question
· Feb 8, 2019

How to use Object Scripts within Ensemble Rule class Ens.Rule.Definition

Hello,

I have a Rule Class which receives the HL7 message and sends it to the concerned target based on the condition.

/// 
Class XYZ Extends Ens.Rule.Definition [ CompileAfter = CUSTOM.Util.Rules.FunctionSet ]
{

Parameter RuleAssistClass = "EnsLib.HL7.MsgRouter.RuleAssist";

XData RuleDefinition [ XMLNamespace = "http://www.intersystems.com/rule]
{
<ruleDefinition alias="" context="EnsLib.HL7.MsgRouter.RoutingEngine" production="ABCProduction">
<ruleSet name="" effectiveBegin="" effectiveEnd="">
<rule name="">
<when condition=" (SearchOBXFlag(Document,&quot;searchvalue&quot;))">
<send transform="DTL.dtl" target="ToOperation"></send>
<return></return>
</when>

Condition uses return status of a function SearchOBXFlag from another class.

How do i  create a rule class to have an embedded  function which loops through an HL7 message and returns a value upon which i can route my message?

I dont want the SearchOBXFlag to exist in another ruleset class. Is there a option?

Thanks,

Jimmy Christian

Discussion (4)1

You can easily develop your own custom function. Here's an example of a custom function which checks that the number is valid.

/// Functions to use in rule definitions.
Class Custom.Functions Extends Ens.Rule.FunctionSet
{

/// Returns 1 if a string is a number, 0 otherwise
ClassMethod IsValidNumber(string As %String) As %Boolean [ CodeMode = expression, Final ]
{
$ISVALIDNUM(string)
}

}

If you don't want to modify the existing class, write a new one that extends it:

/// Custom functions for this installation
Class User.Rule.MyFunctionSet Extends Ens.Rule.FunctionSet
{

/// Stupid, redundant method provided as an example
/// Accepts a string <var>pString</var> and regular expression pattern <var>pPattern</var>
/// as arguments; returns 0 for no match, and a positive integer indicating the match's
/// position if there is a match.
ClassMethod REMatch(pString As %String, pPattern As %String) As %Integer
{
    Return $LOCATE(pString,pPattern)
}

}

As long as you don't define a method that overrides a previous method, you're completely safe.

EDIT: Eduard's example beat me to it and does exactly the same thing. The point, though, is that you're not adding methods to the existing class, you're creating new methods outside of it that are accessible from within your rule definitions.