Caché and Ensemble 2016.3 field test now available

I am pleased to announce the field test of Caché and Ensemble 2016.3 -  with many new improvements.

The product team at InterSystems looks forward to your participation in the field test and feedback over the coming months.

Some of the more signification changes in 2016.3 are new RESTful APIs for iKnow and broader APIs for programmatic control of multiple servers (enterprise manager).  As always, there are a host of scalability and performance improvements, including improvements to the core database and SQL.  And hundreds of smaller improvements and corrections.Summary details of these changes can be found HERE.

In the next couple of days, Product Managers will post several updates with greater detail on how you can use the improvements of 2016.3 to improve your Caché and Ensemble based solutions.

You can download the latest field test of 2016.3  HERE.

We all welcome your comments, questions and feedback.

Comments

Here's one change I'm particularly pleased to see:

Ability to Create Namespaces that are not Enabled for Ensemble
In certain circumstances, it is useful to create namespaces that are not enabled for Ensemble. In this release you can do this by clearing the Make this an Ensemble namespace checkbox when creating a new namespace. 

Thanks for pointing that out John!  That hasn't crossed  my radar yet and I am especially glad to see it as well!

"Ask and it shall be given unto you" - nice to see that page has now been updated.

When will InterSystems update the cache.node module to support more current node 4 LTS?

I was somewhat disapointed to see only the old cache0100.node and cache0120.node modules with the new fieldtest.

Ah, sorry for not realizing this.

However the latest FT 2016.3.0.628.0 does not include cache421.node. Nor does 2016.2 FT?!

I will check this and come back to you. What platform are you looking at?