Angular 1 or Angular 2 for new web project using Caché/Ensemble ?
If you had to choose Angular 1 or 2 for a new web project using Caché/Ensemble as a backend, Which one would you choose?
I'm trying to figure this out with a short pros/cons list:
- easier to hook to cache (can be used by calling the library from a csp and calling services cache rest)
- flatter learning curve if jquery is already known
- not needed for really small projects
- documentation is stabilized
- easier to maintain, perhaps, for someone who knows web, html and jquery
- is more proven than angular 2
- being so similar to jquery suffers from similar problems (it can become messy, lots of junk code, etc.)
- Is it more futureproof?
- the development paradigm is more attractive to learn
- better suited for large projects that require lots of maintaining?
- requires learning a bit of node.js and a lot of typescript
- does not work in browsers older than IE9
- steeper learning curve
- keeps changing, it is not completely stable yet?
- documentation is not accurate, it is changing and is way less than angular 1