Question
· Oct 25, 2018

REST API support for Backup and Restore of Cache DB

Hi,

We are trying to write an external backup application to backup Cache Database. After going through the Cache DB documentation, we have found that in Backup.General class there are methods for creating snapshot (Freeze/Thaw) which is required during backup. Are there REST APIs for the same?

Also we have the option of selecting individual DB instances in the management portal.  What are the methods/APIs of getting the DB list, so that user can select individual DB instances in an external backup application ? Do we have the methods/APIs to freeze/thaw the individual DB instances ?

Thanks!

Satish.

Discussion (5)1

Hi,

I was understanding the cluster configuration supported by the Cache. Have couple of queries around that:

1. In Cache version 2018.2, there is a shrading concept which splits the data of a Master Data server into multiple small data server which store shraded data.

How do we protect (backup and restore) such environment, should we also backup/restore the multiple small data servers along with  Master data server. Any documentation around this will really help.

2. In case of Cache DB Horizontal scaling, we keep adding multiple Application and data servers - to ensure load balancing - for performance.

Do we need to protect (backup and restore) individual Application and data servers separately ? Also is it possible to have two or more data servers in such env. having same instance name and database name.

I am not very pretty clear - on how to protect (backup and restore) above two environments. Request to please help me out here.

Thanks!